Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Into the Abyss ❯ Opening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Opening

"Argh!" yelled Haru as he accepted a slap from Victor's kodachi. He growled the small inconvenience away and advanced towards his opponent weaving intricate circles of death with his scimitars. Victor slowly inched away carefully watching Haru's lightning fast maneuvers.

"There!!!" Victor yelled, as he saw an opening in Haru's attacks. He lunged forward, but Haru had anticipated the attack and easily sidestepped the deadly lunge. He started to bring one of his scimitars down in an overhead arc to attack Victor while he was off balance. But just before the blade hit, Victor deftly brought his kodachi behind his back and blocked the attack with an amazing parry.

Then the two were back into their respective stances. They both exploded into action with metal hitting metal in flurry of blurring attacks, dodges and parries. Haru jumped into the air doing a full 360 with his scimitars slicing the air menacingly. Victor parried the daring move easily. Then when Haru landed, Victor saw he had an advantage. He burst into action lunging quickly at Haru. Sensing the attack, Haru rolled to the side while using one of his scimitars to move the kodachi harmlessly to the side. As Haru came back to his feet he swung the other scimitar in a horizontal sweep at Victor's legs. Victor jumped up over the blade and high into the air. As he completed the somersault he came back down with a fierce chopping attack.

Haru retaliated by putting his scimitars into a defensive V shape. There was a loud clash of metal on metal as the magical energies of the weapons collided. A huge shock wave of energy burst out in all directions shaking everything it hit.

There stood Haru down on one knee with Victor's kodachi caught in his scimitars with Victor standing over him.

Then Haru slid one Scimitar out, catching the kodachi's blade with the extensions of the others hilt. With this free blade, Haru sliced at Victor. Victor leaped back in time to narrowly avoid the blade.

When he looked back to where Haru had been, he saw only grass. Victor's surprise was full when a hilt slammed home in Victor's back. Sent reeling forward, Victor quickly regained his composure and turned, resuming a defensive position. Haru then launched a scimitar at Victor's left shoulder. Victor easily pushed the projectile aside harmlessly. But this move sent his kodachi wide to the side.

Before Victor had even touched the flying scimitar, Haru had burst forth. Rushing at Victor, Haru slammed into him. Then they came to a halt, with Haru kneeling on top of Victor with a deadly scimitar pointed at his throat. But Victor had deftly returned his blade to the right position and it was now aimed at Haru's exposed throat.

Haru rose and reached down to pull Victor up from the ground.

"A great match indeed!" proclaimed Victor.