Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Into the Abyss ❯ Salvation...For Now ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Salvation…for now

"What the hell is happening?" asked Nejik. "I do not know." said Haru. "Well, whatever's happening we can't do anything. We'll just have to settle with getting home and seeing if Arcaron is there." said Victor.

The three friends made their way steadily through the mountains. As they neared the shelter of their mountain home they saw what they needed to see most, their friend Arcaron.

"I already know." said Arcaron, stopping the barrage of questions about to be flung at him.

"How?" asked Nejik. "I saw it all from the mountain side." replied Arcaron.

"Is she all right?" asked Haru quickly, referring to his blue haired sister Ayane. "She's fine, quite shaken, but fine." replied Arcaron.

Ayane is a 16 year old young girl with long flowing blue hair. Many say she has the perfect body with its seemingly flawless curves and contours. And many men swoon over her shining green eyes.

"Haru!!!" yelled Ayane. There was a loud "thump!" as she flew into Haru knocking him over and to the ground. "You're safe!" she said once she had released him. "But you're wounded." She said.

"I'll be fine Ayane." said Haru, "all that matters is that you're safe."

The five companions then went inside their house. They began discussing the problem at hand.

"I say we go back down and try to save any survivors!" said Haru. "Yes, but you saw that force of goblins, face it, we're the only ones left." countered Victor. "Damn it Victor, why do you always have to be right?" asked Nejik.

"Calm down people!" Arcaron said. "We must formulate a plan." Ayane said.

They than began to hear a low whistling sound when, CRASH!! Dust erupted everywhere and when it cleared an unknown person was standing in their living room. "What the hell!" screamed Nejik, "Our house!" There was now a large hole in the ceiling.

"Who the heck do you think you are!?" yelled Arcaron. The stranger then turned and stared at Ayane. He started to move towards her, but Haru already had his scimitars out and got in his way. "Stay out of my way you insolent fool." said the stranger. Haru charged, but the stranger just knocked Haru away with a single hand. Haru hit the wall so hard that he partially went through it.

"Haru!" yelled Nejik.

Victor had his kodachi out before Nejik spoke the words and was already heading towards the stranger. The unknown intruder just kept heading towards Ayane. Victor attacked with a sweeping kick to the legs. But the stranger just hopped over it. Victor then followed through with a fatal thrust. The blade stopped an inch from the stranger's chest, there was a crackle of energy, and Victor was blasted back and knocked unconscious.

With Haru slowly regaining consciousness, Arcaron pulled out his crystal daggers and charged with Nejik a step behind Arcaron. Arcaron came in with a flying kick, which the intruder easily avoided. But then Nejik came in and swung fiercely with his katana. The katana slammed into the stranger's magical shield an inch from his shoulder. Using all his might, Nejik fought against the magic. His blade started to slip through, and the tip hit the strangers shoulder, cutting a deep gash. But then Nejik was suddenly blasted away and through one of the house windows, not getting back up to resume the battle.

Haru's sensibilities were returning to him now. He saw Arcaron concentrating when his crystal daggers were suddenly engulfed in electrical energy that didn't harm Arcaron, but his enemies weren't as fortunate. Arcaron flung one of the daggers at the advancing stranger's head. It hit the magical shield and was launched back at Arcaron. He easily caught the dagger as it came flying back at him. Then he jumped at the stranger and brought both daggers down in a vicious stab. Arcaron was easily swatted aside by the mysterious intruder.

With everyone but Ayane and Haru unconscious, the stranger began advancing towards Ayane again. He got to Ayane and she slugged him in the face. With Ayane's knuckles hurting more than the strangers jaw, the stranger promptly immobilized her by karate chopping the back of her neck.

Enraged beyond belief, Haru leaped up and grabbed his scimitars. He channeled all his rage and anger into those weapons, and they burst into flame. A flame that Haru didn't even feel but was just as damaging as regular fire. Haru ran at Ayane's assailant and swung hard with a scimitar. It burst through the magical shield and damaged the stranger's arm badly.

He retaliated by slamming a back hand into Haru's head and sending him flying into a wall, knocking him unconscious again.

The stranger then picked up the limp body of Ayane and left