Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Into the Abyss ❯ The Encounter ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Encounter

"Uggh…. What happened?" asked Nejik as he regained consciousness. "Well," started Arcaron, "you got thrown through a window, I got blasted into a wall, Victor got blasted into a wall as well, and Haru got thrown through a wall."

"You're also forgetting the fact that my sister has been kidnapped." stated Haru. All 4 had regained consciousness and were trying to figure out what they should, and could do, to get Ayane back.

"Well, it appears that our mystery man left us a note." said Victor. All of them examined the note, it read:

If you ever want to see your precious sister again, then come to my castle in the World's End mountain range.

"Why is he doing this?" asked Nejik. "I don't know, but he's going to pay for this." Haru said.

"Hold on a sec Haru," said Victor, "The World's End mountains are all the way across the continent."

"You think that matters to me?" Haru countered. "No, just stating a fact." Victor replied.

The four companions then set out from their house on a journey across the continent. Their first stop was the small merchant town of High Hills, directly in front of them on their way to rescue Ayane.

"It's Fall already." stated Nejik. All four were happy that the weather was cool and breezy. Their trek across the terrain was uneventful.

Then Victor noticed movement in the forest beside them.

"Ready your weapons." He whispered. Nejik, Victor and Arcaron unsheathed their weapons while Haru morphed into his wolf form.

"Are you sure about this?" Arcaron asked. Haru nodded his head and moved behind a tree. The others then readied for combat.

"How many?" asked Arcaron, his dagger already covered in electricity. "I can't tell." Victor replied. "I have a bad feeling, guys." Nejik whispered back. The three were now back to back, with Haru concealed behind the tree.

CRASH!! Numerous goblins exploded through the foliage and immediately charged at the three warriors. Victor took down the first goblin with a flash of his kodachi, taking the goblin's head from its body. Nejik began by spinning his katana in his hand so that it now faced backwards. He plunged it through the heart of the goblin that was about to attack Victor. Arcaron was a blur of electricity and flesh as he skillfully cut the throats of numerous goblins.

The three had already killed over four dozen goblins, but still they kept coming. Nejik's katana flashing in an arc to slice open the bellies of two goblins, spilling their innards and ending their lives. Victor tirelessly at work with his kodachi, one goblin charged at him with a crude and rusted sword. Victor sidestepped the attack while putting his kodachi in the goblin's path. The fine blade went through the goblin's eye and into its brain.

Haru saw that his friends were starting to be overwhelmed. He noticed that one goblin was approaching Nejik from behind. Haru charged in at that goblin. He got to the goblin and clamped his powerful jaws around its neck. His powerful jaw shattered the bones in the goblins neck and then ultimately removed the head from the body. Haru then kicked out with his hind legs slamming a goblin full in the face. It went flying and got impaled on another goblin's spear.

Arcaron spun around to see Nejik battling four goblins at once. He was doing a great job, but was being overwhelmed. Arcaron launched one of his daggers into the head of one of the four goblins killing it instantly. Nejik didn't get a chance to thank Arcaron, for he was too preoccupied.

Haru started running towards Nejik to assist him, checking to see if Victor was okay (which he was); as he continued towards Nejik he tore of the arm of a goblin and left it to bleed to death. Haru was now covered in goblin blood, as were every one else. He got to Nejik and leapt upon a goblin that was attacking Nejik, tearing the things throat out while they went down to the ground. He then picked up Arcaron's dagger and rushed over to return it to him.

Victor took a hit to the leg, nothing harmful. He then retaliated by plunging his kodachi into the goblin's chest, twisting the blade violently, and then ripping it out. The wretched thing died on the spot. Victor spun his kodachi so that it was facing down, and then shoved it past his side, impaling a stupid goblin between the eyes. Then he returned the blade to its original position and swiped it horizontally in front of him, cutting the goblin's throat open with blood gushing every where.

The piles of goblins were mounting now. Mounds of corpses grew and grew as the four warriors slayed more and more goblins.

Haru had reverted back to his human form and had his scimitars out and aflame. He was surrounded, but that didn't matter, he ducked low and started a 360 degree spin, slicing open bellies and severing limbs. They seemed untouchable.

Then the rest of the goblins fled in fear, deciding to rather stay alive then die now.

"They were heading towards High Hills by my estimation." Victor stated. "I agree." Haru announced.

"So you're saying we just saved a town?" Nejik stated as much as he asked. "Yep." Was all that Arcaron said.

All of a sudden Nejik collapsed. He fell to the ground and blood started to pool around him. His friends examined him and discovered that Nejik had taken a large cut to the side.

Haru immediately grabbed Nejik in his arms and all three rushed off to the town of High Hills.