Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Into the Abyss ❯ The First Guardian; Part 1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The First Guardian; Part I

"Where are we headed now?" Maria asked. "Before we get anywhere we have to pass through the Evermoor swamps." Haru said.

"You mean we have to pass through a swamp that's infested with orcs, trolls, and other horrors?" she asked. "That is our path." Victor stated.

The group then walked on in the direction of the swamps, discussing past times and what they were going to do in the future. Then they all stopped.

They had reached the edge of the Evermoor swamps.

"Here we go." Haru said, taking the first step into the swamps. All the others soon followed suit.

The companions were now traversing through the swamps at a simple pace. Nobody was making a sound, all fully aware of the dangers of the swamp. But the swamp was the fastest way through the area.

They had almost made it all the way through the swamp. The other edge of the swamp was visible now. Then Maria fell to the ground. She rolled over and looked at what had tripped her. She screamed at what she saw.

There was a mutilated hand clutching her ankle. Too afraid to pull out a blade she began kicking and punching the hand. Victor was quick to action, he pulled his Kodachi out and sliced the disgusting hand off of here ankle.

There was a guttural roar as a hideous troll rose from the moss and dirt. It roared again.

Then more and more trolls began to appear from the ground. All hideous but immensely powerful creatures.

"Don't get surrounded ." yelled Haru. All five then darted in different directions, readying their weapons on the way. All of them giving themselves plenty of room for battle.

Nejik put himself into a defensive stance as a troll came lumbering towards him. The troll swung at Nejik, but he just rolled to the side. Nejik came back to his feet and then ran at the troll. He dove into a roll, coming up to his knee and cutting the troll's leg off, bringing it to the ground. He spun the Katana and had it facing down, he then plunged it through the troll's thick skin and into its heart.

Haru had his scimitars out and was easily dodging the clumsy troll's attacks. He dodged another attack, and then came in with a fierce chop, taking off one of the troll's hands. He then leaped back as the troll roared and swung with the other arm. Tired of the troll's inconvenience, Haru rolled under another punch, and around its legs, coming up behind it. He then brought his scimitars aflame. Haru jumped into the air and brought the two scimitars down in a vicious chop, bringing each scimitar into a shoulder, he cleaved the troll into three pieces.

Victor was on the offensive now. He was using series of quick thrusts and stabs to enrage the monster more and more. The troll swung at Victor and completely missed. Victor seized the advantage, slipping in and cutting a vicious slash across the creature's chest. The troll roared and then noticing that Victor was within its reach, it tried grabbing at Victor. The first hand missed, but the second caught Victor in mid roll and now had him hanging upside down. Before the troll got a chance to attack, half its arm was gone and on the ground, with Victor standing upright again. Victor ran forward, jumped into the air, and plunged his kodachi through the troll's neck.

Arcaron was having no trouble at all with his troll. It was already covered in small cuts and slices. He jumped a clumsy swing and inflicted even more damage, brings his daggers down the whole length of the creature's chest and stomach, causing two deep gashes in its thick skin. He then leaped back doing a 360, cutting another gash in its body. Victor then caused his daggers to be covered in electricity. He launched one of the daggers into one of the creature's legs, immobilizing it. He then jumped into the air and sliced the troll's throat open.

The clumsy troll couldn't touch the blur that was Maria. She had her dagger out and was darting around the troll, poking and cutting it in various places. She then sheathed the dagger and pulled her spear from her back. She darted in front of it, and then proceeded to poke it in the head with the butt of her spear, enraging it even more. She brought the spear around in a spin and cut a gash along its chest. She started to dart around the troll again when the beast brought its arm around and clothes lined her, bring her to the ground. She was dazed from the blow, but soon realized what was happening when a large hand pinned her to the ground. The troll readied to bash her face in when its head left its body, there stood Victor, wiping the blood from his kodachi. He then lifted the heavy hand from on top of Maria and helped her to her feet.

There was only one troll left. All five then charged at the monster. Haru cutting one of its legs into three, while Nejik took the other off with his katana. At the same time Arcaron had put one dagger in its throat and the other in its chest, with Victor jamming his kodachi into its skull. Maria, at the same time, had put her spear through its heart. The troll was dead before it hit the ground.

All of them then retrieved there weapons and started towards the edge of the swamp.

"HALT!!!!!!" yelled a loud voice.