Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Rejection ❯ Rejection 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: See prev. chappie.
 
 
(No POV)
 
Hige and Kiba stared at Toboe. He turned tail and ran. Hige took off after him. Kiba followed right after. Toboe was moving faster then they would have believed. Half an hour later, Kiba and Hige caught up to him. Kiba jumped up and pinned him to the ground. Hige helped him. Kiba held down his arms and Hige his legs. Toboe snarled at the both of them and tried to throw them off. “Hold still runt!” Hige said. Kiba got Toboe's paws out from under him. “Let me go!” Toboe yelled. “Not until you tell us what's wrong. Why did you run away?” Kiba asked. “Yeah, what was with you back there? Why did you kill all those wolves?” Hige added. “It was kill or be killed.” Toboe told them. He had found that he couldn't get them off and gave up struggling. He slumped back into the snow. He started talking knowing that Kiba and Hige wouldn't let him up without an explanation.
 
A while later…
Kiba and Hige stared in shock. Toboe had told them the whole story. They still hadn't moved off of Toboe fearing that he would run again. Toboe rested his head on the ground as the memories came back to him. The talk with Tsume. Tsume's words. Toboe closed his eyes. He opened them to find Kiba looking at him. “Why did Tsume say that stuff to you?” Toboe looked away. “Even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you.” Kiba just stared. Toboe had never spoken to him like that. Kiba didn't think he ever would. Hige got up off of Toboe. “After what's happened to you, I can't blame you for running away.” Kiba got up also. Toboe sat up. He was about to say something when the snow started flying up everywhere. It was a snowstorm.
 
(Tsume's POV)
`They haven't been back for a while' I thought to myself. I shook my head when I found myself thinking about what the pup had told me. `No Tsume! Don't think like that! You are strait!' I looked out into the snowstorm. “They had better get back soon.” My thoughts wandered everywhere. To food, Toboe, the snow, Kiba, Toboe, the rocks in the cave, Toboe, a fire, Toboe, the ice at the cave mouth, Hige, & Toboe Were just a few things I thought about.
 
(Hige POV)
I sat there trying to sort out all the things the runt told Kiba and me. I wasn't even sure if I could call him `runt' anymore. After the way he dealt with those wolves? I started thinking how much of a bastard Tsume was to Toboe. Didn't he see how much Toboe loved him? I guess he didn't. Kiba and I had found long ago that Toboe had more than a thing for Tsume. We just never said anything. I smiled to myself. Since the snowstorm started up, we had found a cave to stay in. It was actually quite comfy. Kiba had made a fire and Toboe had caught dinner. I had always thought that Toboe didn't know how to hunt. Funny how the world works.
(Tsume's POV)
I gave up waiting. `Where are they?' I sniffed around and caught a scent. I was going to go after them. I would find them. `But what if you find him?' An inner voice asked me. `Shut up!'
I yelled to it. `You want to find him' `What do you know?!' `You can't hide your feelings for long…' `I'll do da** well what I please!' `Stop kidding yourself.' `SHUT UP!!' I screamed at it. I ran as fast as I could out of the cave.
 
(Toboe POV) (A/N: This part is an actual dream I had ^_^)
I waited till Kiba and Hige were asleep when I snuck away. I remembered to cover my scent. I ran the opposite way of the cave. The snow was falling pretty hard so it covered my tracks pretty fast. I had run about five miles when I heard a small whimper coming from under the snow. I sniffed around and found the dead body of a brownish grey she-wolf. I heard the whimper again. I pawed at the snow around the body and found a few cubs. There was six under the body. Four were dead. Frozen to death. I sniffed the remaining two cubs. `Poor things. Their mother must have frozen. And some of the babies died as well.' I picked up the cubs, two girls, and ran to the nearest town.
 
(Kiba POV)
I woke up cold. I looked around and saw Hige sitting next to the remains of our fire. So that's why it's cold. I looked to the outcropping of rock, which Toboe slept. I couldn't see him but I figure that he's near the wall trying to keep warm. `I'll just leave him alone for now.' I built up the fire and went back to sleep.
 
(Toboe POV)
I pulled the babies into an old shed. There was a hole in the roof so I made a fire. I licked the cubs till the frost was all off them. They weren't newborn, but a little older than toddlers. Maybe six in human years. One was brown with a black spot around the left eye. The other was a brownish colored grey. `Like the mom.' I thought to myself. I covered them with an old blanket I had found. I ran out quickly to find food for them. I found a few rabbits and caught them. When I brought them back, I saw the black cub starting to wake up. I sat down to wait.
 
She rubbed her eyes and sat up in human form. She had black hair in pigtails and was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a pink T-shirt. She also had on purple colored shoes. She looked around and saw me. “Who are you?” I could hear the fear in her voice. “Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I'm Toboe.” I smiled at her. She seemed to calm down. “Where is my mom?” I looked at her. “I found you and your sister in the snow. I'm afraid your mom didn't make it.” The small girl started to cry. I handed her a handkerchief I had in my pocket. She took it and dried her tears. Her sister was still asleep. I handed her one of the rabbits and she smiled at me and started to eat. “Thanks. I'm Shi.”
 
 
Hahahahaaaaaa!! I finally finished this!!!! Thank-you to the following who have reviewed!!
Chibi-Sorrow
Kikyobashergirl
Zainin-Koneko and
Vicious91.
Thank-You!!!!!
If you would like to review and have your name in the next chapter, click that happy little button down there. OH!!! If any of you have ideas for the other girl's name, please send it to me! I will give you credit for it in the disclaimer at the beginning. Till then. JA!!!!!!