Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Rejection ❯ Rejection 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

POOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Nobody reviewed! I feel so unloved. ;_; Oh well. Here's the next chappie.
 
 
 
 
(No POV)
Kiba and Hige woke to find Toboe gone. “Stupid runt!” Hige yelled. Kiba looked over at him. “Quiet Hige. Let's go find Tsume.” They had been following their trail back a few miles when Blue walked past them going in the opposite direction. Hige growled at her. Kiba didn't do anything because she had made no aggressive moves toward them. He put a hand on Hige's shoulder. “Where are you going Blue? Where is your human?” She turned around to look at him. “Nowhere. Pop's and I got into a disagreement. Seems he couldn't accept me being a wolf.” She turned back around and started heading in a nameless direction. Kiba stopped her with a hand. “Wait. You can come with us.” Hige looked at him like he was crazy. “Kiba, Tsume is gonna hit the roof when he sees this. It will some pretty interesting fireworks.” Kiba stared at him. “I'll bring into our `pack' who I please. Just the same as you or Tsume or Toboe can.” Hige looked away and started to walk in the direction of the cave. “Your funeral man….”
 
(No POV) -Back to Toboe
Toboe left Shi to take care of her sister and the hut as he went and got some more food. As he ran, he wondered when Shi's sister would wake up. He also wondered what her name was. He bagged a few rabbits and luckily, a bird. A small one, but a bird none the less. I ran back to the shed. Shi had fallen asleep waiting for me to return. I smiled to myself and put the rabbits on the fire to cook. I had started up the fire when Shi woke up again. “Toboe, are there any other wolves besides us?” I smiled again and looked at her. “Yes. There are hundreds of us out there still.” Shi nodded at me and fell back asleep next to her sister.
 
(Tsume POV)
Kiba and Hige had returned to the cave. When I couldn't find them before, I had come back to the old cave. I was surprised when I saw that they didn't have Toboe with them. I saw that they had that half-breed mutt, Blue, with them. To put it lightly, I threw a fit. I didn't want her there. She would just slow us all down in our search for paradise. When Hige told me all that Toboe did when they found him, I was shocked to say the least. I never thought that the runt had it in him. I always thought that Toboe was a helpless little kid. But, as much as I hate to say it, I was wrong.
 
(Blue POV)
I was surprised at first that Kiba had let me come on the road to paradise with Hige and all of them. I wondered if that adorable pup, Toboe was it?, was with them. I figured he was. You can only imagine my shock when I found out he wasn't. While we were walking back to the cave where they were staying, I stayed at the back of the group. I saw that Hige kept sending me small side-glances out of the corners of his eyes. I wonder what is up with him? I guess I'll never know just what goes on in his stupid male brain.
 
(Narrator POV)
Weeks went by and still no sign of Toboe. Often, The others would come up on a town he had just left. By asking around, they found out that he had adopted 2 pups. They both were the same size. One girl was wearing a pink shirt, blue jeans, and purple shoes. The other was wearing a blue T-shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes. The information they gathered told them that Toboe had changed as well. He was stronger. Whenever on of `his' pups was threatened, he would beat the person into a bloody pulp. He was often moving so it was hard for the wolves to track him. But they tried anyway.
 
(Toboe POV)
We had settled down in a small town. So far, we had been there for a month. I looked around and found a good paying job. Shi and Ayame, Aya for short, stayed home and took care of the apartment. While Shi had black hair, Aya had grayish brown. I went to work at 11:30 in the morning and returned at 7:00 in the evening. When I got home, I made dinner. During the time I had spent with the girls, I had learned to become a pretty good cook. Neither of them had any coordination what so ever when it came to the kitchen. But I love them anyway. Now, I had just got home. They were both waiting for me at the door as usual. “Toboe-oneechan!” (I think `oneechan' means older sibling or something) I smiled at Shi's eagerness. Today I was supposed to teach the girls how to hunt. All three of us headed out to the fields.
 
(Kiba POV)
We were coming up on a fairly small town. It had wide fields. I decided to rest here for the night. We had given up hope of finding Toboe by now. It has been months since he ran away. I let Tsume and Hige find us a cave to spend the night in. I wanted to explore a little and find some dinner. I was scouting around a river when a flash of movement caught my eye…..
 
(Shi POV)
I watched Aya pull her hair into a ponytail. I stifled a giggle as the grayish brown strands fell out of her fingers. She had fallen in the river as we were hunting. Toboe-oneechan had saved her of course. But she was soaked anyway. Toboe-oneechan was fishing a few feet away. Every once in a while, he would look up at us and smile. I looked at him for a while. `Toboe-oneechan should get a girlfriend. I know he's lonely.' I thought to myself. I shook my head ad I remembered all the women who showed up at our apartment. They all wanted a relationship with Toboe-oneechan. But he always turned them down. I wonder why. I looked at Aya again. Something flickered in my peripheral vision. I blinked and rubbed my eyes. I could have sworn I had just seen white.
 
 
 
Cliffie!!!!!! I am so evil. I guess you'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. Thanks to all the people who have stuck with me this long. Thanks!!!