Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Rejection ❯ REjection 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here's another chap of the fic. Thanks to Darkness Rising for the correction on `oneechan'. It will now be `niichan'. Thanks again Darkness Rising!!!!!! Same disclaimer as usual. All normal characters aren't mine. The new characters are.
 
 
 
 
(No POV)
Kiba ran back to the others to tell them of his finding. He explained where he found them. He also said that Toboe was a pretty good hunter than from when they had last seen him.
 
Tsume was lost in his thoughts for a while. `When I get my hands on that pup….'
 
Eventually they all started out to the field to find….. No one. Hige sniffed around for a while. “Hey guys! I got a scent!” They all looked up. “Where does it lead?” asked Blue. Kiba took a whiff of the air. “Seems like it's coming form the town. Let's go check it out.” The wolves took off running in human form towards the town….
 
(Kiba POV)
We've been running for a while when we came to a large apartment building. We followed the scent up to the stairs to a nice neat looking apartment door. I had to steal myself to knock on the door. I raised my fist and knocked.
 
(Toboe POV)
I was getting Shi and Aya dinner when I heard someone knock at the door. I stepped away from the table and walked to the door. When I opened it, I saw the very people whom I thought I'd never see again. “Hello Toboe.” Kiba said.
 
(No POV)
Shi and Aya came running into the room. “Who is it Toboe-niichan?” Shi asked. Toboe smiled. “Come on in guys.” Shi and Aya looked at the new people. They both looked at Toboe.
 
“Toboe-niichan?” The boy in the yellow hoodie asked. Toboe blushed and nodded. “Yes. Got a problem with that Hige?” Hige smiled. “Nope. But I think you had better introduce us. Your pups look a little confused.” Toboe nodded. “Aya, Shi, these are my good friends. Kiba, Hige, Blue, and…. Tsume. They are wolves. And they are my pack.”
 
The girls looked at him. “What do you mean your `pack'?” Shi asked. Toboe just smiled. “Yes. I know that you've never seen them, but they are my pack.” The others all smiled. Blue came over and hugged him. “We've missed you Tob…” Hige grinned and gave him a noogie. “Yeah, ditto squirt.” Kiba just smiled at him. Toboe's grin widened. “Kami-sama, I've missed you guys.” Blue looked at him. “Then why did you run away?” she asked. Toboe's grin faded a bit. “I just had to get away for a while. That's all.” Shi and Aya went back to the kitchen. Hige's nose twitched. “I smell food……..” Toboe smiled and shook his head. `Same old Hige.' He looked up at them. “You guys want something to eat? Me and the girls were about to.” Hige wasted no time in getting to the kitchen. The others followed at a more sedate pace.
 
When they were all seated at the table, Toboe got out some extra food. Fortunately, he had some left over from when he and the girls went hunting. He was getting some other condiments, like salt and pepper, when the doorbell rang. Again. “GET THE FREAKING DOOR!!!!!” Toboe blushed. Hige looked at him. “That's your doorbell?” Toboe blushed harder. “Uhhhhhhh…….. I uh…….. Gotta go get the door!” He ran out of the room. Hige bust into laughter. Tsume smirked. Aya and Shi glared at them. “Don't laugh. We gave that to Toboe-niichan for his birthday.” They said simultaneously. Hige shut up instantly when Blue sent the If-you-say-one-more-word-I'll-kill-you glare at him.
 
(Toboe POV)
I opened the door and saw a woman on my doorstep. She smiled at me. “Toboe dear, when will you admit your feelings and come to me?”
I sighed. “We've been over this Ami. I'm not dating. So if you don't mind, I have dinner to serve.” I was about to shut the door when she stopped it. She glared at me and flipped her dyed blonde hair over her shoulder. “What? You care about those knock-off brats more than me??”
I growled. “I hate to say it but, yes. And they are NOT knock-off.” I shut the door in her face and locked it. `Kami-sama. That girl is going to be on my doorstep all night. Better ask Kiba and that others to stay for the night. Or else, when they open the door to leave, she'll harass them.' I sighed again and when back into the kitchen.
 
(No POV)
Aya and Shi looked up upon Toboe's arrival. “Was it her again Toboe-niichan?” Shi asked. Toboe sat at his place. “Yeah it was. Why can't she ever take a hint?” Shi grinned and went back to her meal. All the other wolves were confused.
After dinner, Aya dragged Hige into her and Shi's room to show him her new picture book. Toboe and Shi were talking on the couch. The others were lounged around everywhere. Kiba looked over at Toboe and Shi.
 
“I never expected to see them so soon.” Toboe said. Shi looked up at him. “Well, they found our address and came here. They were only looking for you to repent for what they did.” Toboe smiled and hugged her. “Thanks Shi. It's nice to have someone to talk to on my own level.” Shi smiled back. “No problem Toboe-niichan.”
Eventually, everyone turned in. Toboe picked up Shi and Aya and took them to their room. He got them into their nightclothes and into bed. They looked at him. “What do you need?” asked Toboe. Shi smiled. “Will you sing the song again?” Toboe grinned and sat on the edge of Aya's bed. “Okay. But just once. Then bed.”
The girls smiled. “We promise.” They echoed. Toboe smiled and began to sing.
 
//Been a long road to follow

Been there and gone tomorrow

Are the memories I hold still valid? //

Tsume was on his way to the kitchen for some water when he heard a soft singing.
 
// Or have the tears deluded them?

Maybe this time tomorrow

The rain will come to follow

And the mist will fade into one more today//
 
 
Tsume followed to song. He came to a room. He looked in to find Toboe singing to his girls.
 
// Something out there keeps calling

Am I going home?

Will hear someone singing solace to the silent moon?

Zero gravity what's it like?

Am I alone?//

Tsume leaned on the doorframe. He smiled to himself as he recalled fond memories of his mom singing it to him as a pup. One of the only fond memories from his childhood.
 
// Is somebody there beyond these heavy aching feet?

Still the road keeps telling me to go

Something is pulling me

I feel the gravity of it all//
 
Toboe smiled as he brought the song to a close. Shi and Aya were asleep. He got up and turned around. He stopped when he saw Tsume. `Oh no. Did he hear me sing?' he thought to himself. Tsume stopped leaning on the doorframe and looked at Toboe.
“I didn't know you sang.”
Toboe grinned. “It's the only way to get them to sleep most days.” Tsume grinned back. Toboe looked at him. “Look Tsume, You should go to sleep. It's getting pretty late.” Tsume looked at the sleeping Shi and Aya. “Yeah.” Tsume went back into the living room and Toboe went into his room.
 
(Kiba POV)
I woke up around 11 in the morning when I heard clattering. I got up off the couch and went into the kitchen. I saw Toboe running around with Shi and Aya hot on his heels. Toboe ran around cooking lunch while Aya and Shi ran out of the room.
“Morning Kiba!” Toboe said as he zoomed past me.
I blinked at his speed. “Uh…” With lunch done and on the counters, Toboe ran out of the kitchen with a piece of bread in his mouth. Aya and Shi were waiting in the hall. “Bye Toboe-niichan.” they monotoned at him. Toboe smiled and ran out the door. I looked at them confusedly. Shi looked up at me. “Toboe-niichan was late for work. He had to go in early today.” I nodded. I looked back into the living room. “Looks like the others are still out.” Shi and Aya just nodded.
 
 
 
Well….. I think that's it for this chapter. Sorry it took so long. I was enjoying my Christmas break away from school like any normal American person. I'll update soon. K?