Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Frozen Lunar Flower ❯ A Kind of Paradise ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8
Hige felt himself begin to wake up, but why did he have to wake up from such a great dream? It was a major pain to have yet another amazing dream about Blue and even have to worry about waking up dissapointed, but sure enough, when Hige opened his eyes a little, Blue was curled up next to him. She was still asleep, her expression so calm and at peace. He could see her back slowly rise up and down from her steady breathing, the sheets barely covering her. Hige propped his chin up with the palm of his hand and just watched Blue sleep.
A few minutes later, Blue's eyelids fluttered and she opened her eyes slowly. "Wow, Hige, I'm surprised you didn't sleep longer."
"I slept really well last night,"said Hige with a smile. "When I sleep well, I don't need much of it." Blue nodded, crossed her arms over her pillow and rested her head against them.
"You were out in less than four seconds," she said softly. "I wish I'd taken a picture because you look adorable when you sleep."
Hige beamed. "Yeah that's what my mom used to tell me." He felt his stomach rumble. "Say, are you hungry? I guess I worked up an appetite."
"Why does that not surprise me? I am hungry though. That's the most physical activity I've gotten since I stopped playing softball."
"Maybe if I'm lucky you'll want a little bit more of said physical activity," said Hige confidently. Blue playfully smacked him on the shoulder before Hige could jump out of bed, put on his boxers and make his way into the kitchen, from which he promtly returned with a bowl of grapes and cherries. "I guess I don't have much breakfast food around the house."
Blue shrugged and popped a grape into her mouth. "Guess not, but grapes are still good." She sat up and wrapped the sheets around her.
"You don't have to cover up that much," whimpered Hige. "I did see you without the sheets last night."
"Yeah, that was at night. And look who's talking, you're wearing boxers." Blue pulled her knees close to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Hige blushed. "I'm just picking on you, Hige." Blue leaned her head against his shoulder.
"I think I could get used to this, you know," said Hige seriously, although his voice was calm.
"The breakfast in bed or waking up with me?"
"Both. Although I know which I would pick if I could only have one."
"And it would be breakfast in bed, wouldn't it?" asked Blue.
"Hell no! It's nicer waking up with you sleeping next to me," replied Hige. He kissed Blue's forehead softly. Blue felt her eyes sting and she tried so hard not to cry, but couldn't help it. Hige felt a tear roll down his arm. "What's wrong, Blue?"
Blue shook her head and looked up at Hige. "Nothing," she sniffed. "Except that is the most amazing thing anyone has ever said to me."
"But I don't understand why you're crying. I don't like to see you cry, it makes me nervous or angry or just plain sad."
"I don't exactly know why I'm crying either," Blue said with a small laugh. Hige lifted Blue chin and kissed her gently.
"Well, if you don't quit, I'm gonna steal the sheets from you." Blue giggled and Hige wiped the tears off her cheeks. "Of course, I'm just joking."
Blue nodded. "Yeah, I know. But please don't."
"I wouldn't really do that. If I did, I'd probably never experience this sort of paradise again."
"You think this is a kind of paradise?" asked Blue seriously. Why did that all seem too familiar to her? Paradise... What was Paradise anyway?
Hige nodded, but was thinking along the same lines as Blue. At the mention of Paradise, he felt a strange jolt in his stomach, as if it were something he should know, but he knew he didn't. Then again, there would be plenty of time with Blue to figure out Paradise.
"Yeah, this is Paradise,"said Hige confidently. He wrapped his arm around Blue's waist. "And I could sure get used to it."

The End

Well, that is the end! Wow I'm uber sad now. Sorry that this and the last chapter were kinda short, but oh well! So, I hope you liked it, I hope more people read this and REVIEW! notice the all caps...hmm... Anyways, keep your eyes open for my next story b/c it will be connected with this one!
-Aeorith