Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Howling Of Wolves ❯ Reminiscing ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authoress Note: Cheza doesn't exist in this fic simply I don't like her (especially how she talks in third person when referring to herself ) Anyway, I hope you like and tell me if I should continue it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Prologue: Reminiscing

'When you kill someone, nothing you do will bring them back to life. When you hurt someone, they can forgive you, but will never forget the pain. When someone trusts you, their trust can be easily destroyed and can take an eternity to renew. When you live every moment as your last, you appreciate the beauty of everything. So live life day by day, moment by moment.'

I remember hearing that when I was just a little pup, it was the first thing I ever heard so I've never forgotten it because I don't want to. Those words describe the world so well that's it a shame that they are the truth.

I remember who said them too…it was the human who was taking care of me. She found me when I was little all alone, she often recalled to me how small I was then and how I resembled just a ball of black fur with furry (and floppy) ears.

She had been very old, with a wrinkly face, white hair with wisps of darker shades of gray in them, glazed over eyes and withering hands. Her voice had been raspy and she cold hardly hear, but she cared for me.

She was always very nice to me, she treated me like an adoptive daughter. She knew I was a wolf, but she didn't care. Dare I say, she even loved me and I guess I loved her too, or however much a wolf can possibly care for somebody.

She wanted me to be happy and I wanted the same for her in some sense.

Like I said, she didn't care if I was a wolf, but other people did. That's why I got accustomed to tricking people into seeing me as a human with long black hair pulled into a high ponytail and light brown eyes wearing black leather boots that reached up to my knees, a black miniskirt with a chain tied around the waist, a black tank top and chain mail gloves. Of course they thought I looked peculiar for a young 'human', but they left me pretty much alone.

The woman also gave me a name, Yoru, mainly because I had midnight black fur. At first I didn't like the name, but she said a name grows on you until it fits perfectly and now I agree.

With all the things she told me, I thought she could be a philosopher and write a book on what she tells me, I even told her that, but she responded saying it is best to let others come up with their own philosophies. I still thought she should write a book.

She raised me and taught me everything she knew until the point that she died, she was old though, but I never thought that she'd die while I was still with her. I remembered when it happened and how much I had howled in sadness. Death is in evitable, I know that, but just because it happened doesn't mean that it is fair.

Her death left me on my own. I want her back though, but that want is only proof that I'm spoiled.

There weren't any other wolves in the city that I had lived in with her, I knew that because I simply didn't smell or see any besides myself.

People said that wolves had died out over 200 years ago, but they are wrong. I'm here, but I can't be the only one so I'll search for others like myself, lost in this chaotic world.

------------------------------------------------

That was short I know, IT'S ONLY THE PROLOGUE AND PROLOGUES AREN'T MEANT TO BORE YOU TO DEATH!!!!