Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Wolf Within ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own wolf's rain. If I did, the series would be 10 times longer and with more blood and gore. BLOOD AND GORE! BLOOD AND GORE! BLOOD AND GORE!... Sorry, I like the blood and gore from wolf's rain...
Prologue
As I opened my eyes, I found myself surrounded by darkness and white mist clutched at my feet. Where I was, I didn't know. Then I heard a rustling sound from behind me. I gasped silently and turned around. Nothing was there. I heard breathing then, like someone was panting almost. My heart pounded in my chest as I slowly turned my head again toward the sound's source.
I widened my eyes as I saw it: a dog. It was pretty big; it was black with a half white face and silver ears, paws, and tail. But once I looked into the animal's eyes, I felt a chill go down my spine because the dog's eyes were golden. I've never seen anything like it.
I wanted to back off and run, because it really was scary when a dog with golden eyes just sits there and stares at you, but my legs wouldn't move. I stared back at the dog, my heart racing and sweat was all over my face. Then the dog did something I never expected a dog to do: howl. The piercing howl hurt my ears and immediately my head hurt with a throbbing pain. I closed my eyes and fell to my knees.
As the howling faded I opened my eyes slowly. I found myself staring at something tan with a ceiling fan. I was confused at first, but then I realized that I was in my room. It was just a dream.
“Wake up, Kiche!” my foster mom yelled through the door. “You’re gonna be late for your first day of school!”
I groaned and yelled back, “Okay! Okay, I’m up!”
I glanced at my alarm clock. “7:15,” I said to myself. “Another day, another school.” I grabbed some clothes and walked to my bathroom to shower.
Okay, here’s a little preview of my story. I’ll update when I get 5 reviews.
Wolfy