Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Wolf Within ❯ Scars ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

konnichiwa!!!!! even though i didn't get a lot of reviews, i felt so motivated that i wrote another chapter just for that one person who did!!! may i present, Mushroom-chan!!!!! *crowds cheer and whistle* Mushroom-chan, your review was incredibly motivating!!! thank you for your review!!!!! now, here's chapter one!!!
Disclaimer: Do I have to do this every time? Oh, well. I don’t feel like getting sued. I don’t own wolf’s rain and I never will.
Chapter 1: Scars
After my shower I got dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, looked in the mirror to see if I looked good, smiled at myself, and walked into my bedroom. It was average sized. It has a bed, dresser, TV, chest, and a closet. My stuff barely even filled the room since I moved around so much and thought that I shouldn’t break my back every time I move.
I gathered up my schoolbooks and my writing notebook and put them in my dark red backpack. It didn’t match my outfit, but red’s my favorite color. I wore a short, black t-shirt that had a heart with “True Love” written under it. Over it was my only black trench coat with the anarchy sign on the back. I also had black cargo pants with chains all over it.
I walked over to my dresser and opened a small blue box which contained my favorite, and only, piece of jewelry: a silver metal necklace with a cursive “K” with my birthstone, sapphire, in the “K”. It was one of the only things my birth mother gave to me before she died when I was little. I also wore a crimson red headband with the heart grenade from Green Day in black in the middle. It kept my dark brown hair out of my jade green eyes.
“Kiche!” my foster mom, Cheryl, yelled again. “Hurry up!”
“Coming!” I yelled as I put my necklace around my neck and my headband on my forehead. Then I grabbed my backpack, put on my steel-toed black boots, and ran out the door. “Bye!” After I ran to the next block, I stopped and looked at the clip-watch on my backpack. “8:00. Good. I’ve got a good half an hour until school starts. Apparently, according to Cheryl, 7:30 am is 12:30 pm.
It was my very first day at my new school, Kakazono High. It’ll probably be the same as the others. I let out a sigh. My past schools kicked me out because I “attacked” another student. Otherwise, since I was strange enough at most of them, the preps framed me for stuff that got me expelled. But my very first new school after my parents died hurt the worst.
What happened was that I got all excited for school because then I thought that I could start off new and with a clean slate. When I found the office I tried to be the most enthusiastic I’ve ever been. But I heard a scary noise that only turned out to be the door, and a little girl with the biggest blue eyes I’ve ever seen comes in and starts freaking out. Turns out my eyes kept changing from green to gold and back again. I thought that that was all that they were scared of, but, as you find out later, that’s not the case. When I left the school crying, I fell in front of a house and a lady in her 20s runs toward me, but when I look at her, she runs back in the house and shuts the door really hard behind her.
What happened next is what changed my life forever. Across the street a dog was standing in the front yard without a chain to hold it back. The dog came closer and closer, close enough that I could read the nametag, which I don’t even remember now. When I finally got a response in my legs I ran as fast as I could. But the dog could outrun me and jumped on my back. It was so heavy that I swear I heard a crack when I hit the sidewalk beneath me. The dog’s teeth and claws scared me all over my body, but mostly on my left arm. The scars are still there, and always will be. But, all of a sudden, the dog stops slashing at my body and I looked up.
I saw a white puppy standing in front of me. I blinked and, where the puppy was, there was a young boy, less then ten years old, stood in front of me. He stared straight into my green eyes with his beautiful blue ones. He told me to run, but my legs didn’t move. So, he kicked the dog off of me and helped me up. But that’s all that I remember for now.
Once I reached the bus stop I sat on the bench and put on my sunglasses, since my color-changing eyes are still a problem. Then I gripped my left arm, remembering the pain that the dog from 12 years ago brought upon me. After a moment of squeezing my arm, I let go and also letting the pain slip away from my mind.
---------
Thanks for your reviews. If you review I’ll answer your questions and comment your review.
Wolfy