Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ true paradise ❯ the reunion of a fallen pack part 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-kiba's point of view- it was so peaceful. i sat by the lake's edge and stared up into the clear skies. i closed my eyes to take in all of the wonderful fresh air and sunlight, two things that i have not experienced since the death of cheza. cheza.. she told me that she was to be reborn as a flower. we cannot be together as such. it doesn't matter anymore.. i'm happy to be here.. i told myself that over and over again. but i wasn't truly happy. this place brought about memories.. but the memories were so distorted.. suddenly i was jolted out of my own thoughts as a girl screamed my name. she screamed it again, sounding quite similar to a mountain lion. suddenly i was nearly bowled over by this catlike girl. i had caught her in my arms and now took the time to see just who it was. she looked up at me, her vivid violet eyes fixed on me. she wore a small off shoulder yellow sweatshirt, light jeans, and purple and white sneakers. her short amber hair glowed in the sunlight, and i recognized her instantly. "myu.. is that..really you?" she let out a small giggle, one quite like the one he had heard when they first met. "yes kiba. it is me. and i am finally back for good." she said smiling at him. "we may be of different species," she said, now turning her head to look out at the lake slowly, "but does that mean that i cannot love you?" i didn't have to think what to say in response, because i used no words. i held her face in my hands and kissed her. i didn't care about species. i had once been taken by a flower, which is a different kingdom to begin with. myu may have lived in paradise, but it was obvious that under her cheerful expression she was hiding a miserable, lonely life. wolf or cat, she was still a sad and lonely girl. i took her into my arms again and held her very close, and said "no. it does not. love surpasses all boundaries no matter what the cost." i looked at her from the side and saw tears flowing down her cheeks, and yet she was smiling. but not a fake smile. it was one from the bottom of her heart, a true smile. i knew now she was truly happy, and now that i was not going to leave, i felt safe to be happy. she leaned in against me and closed her eyes. "just promise you'll never leave me.. promise you'll never leave me behind.." "its ok," i said softly, "i'll be here with you. always." she smiled and nodded, then moved closer to me and drifted off to sleep in my arms.-no point of view-each wolf and its mate believed that they were in paradise, but they then realized that they had not been after they found each other. now they were in true paradise. the entire pack was finally back together with a new member who was not of the wolf species. though the other wolves were a little confused about having a cat in their pack, they had no objections to such a sweet and pleasant girl. only now the pack knew exactly what it was that they had given up their lives for. that night, they celebrated their new paradise and each wolf howled to the full moon, and in the distance on a faraway hill, myu smiled as she saw that a single lunar flower was growing, blooming towards the moon.