Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf's Tears ❯ They're gone...... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Wolf's Rain. I do own the plot, Feiona, and Sasume.
 
Note: #..... # Speech in wolf form
 
How did this happen? A young woman thought as she gazed at the morbid sight in her living room. Scattered all around the room where the
bodies of her loved ones. She chocked back a sob as her eyes landed on the bodies of her mother and little brother. Why did this have to happen to us? Slowing walking over to them, she fell to her knees and cried. Cried for her mother. Cried for her brother. Cried for the other members of her pack that lost their lives. She even cried for the ones she despised. Reaching over, she ran a hand through her brother's short black hair. So young….. Taking a deep breath she closed placed a hand over both their eyes, closing them. Why us? Sitting back on her heels she threw her head back and let the tears flow. Why!!!!!!
 
::::::FLASHBACK::::::
 
The atmosphere in the house was warm and welcoming. All throughout the house you could hear the laughter of children and adults enjoying each other's company. Sasume Avalon, the owner of the house smiled as she watched her friends and family converse. They were celebrating the birth of her son, Nanok.
“There's something not right here.” A feminine voice muttered to her right. Turning, she caught sight of her oldest daughter, Feiona.
“What do you mean, dear?” Sasume asked. Glancing at her mother out of the corner of her eyes, Feiona sighed.
“I keep hearing a dog outside of the door.”
Sasume just laughed. “Oh stop it, Feiona. It's probably just a stray. Now stop being so melancholy. It's your little brothers birthday.”
“Oh yes, lets celebrate the day you brought the brat into life.” She said, strong sarcasm in her voice. The only thing showing that she was joking was the glint in her eyes and grin on her face. Sending a mock glare in her daughters' direction, Sasume turned to join the rest of the guests in the living room, when the kitchen door was thrown open and a man in a brown trench coat pulled out a gun.
“Die wolf!!!” He shouted, pulling the trigger, hitting Sasume in the shoulder. “Mother!!!” Feiona screamed, running to catch her before she hit the ground. Sasume smiled up at her. “I'm fine dear.”
With a growl, Feiona turned to the man. “What the hell is your problem?” She growled, not noticing her Uncles large body next to hers. The only answer she got back from the man was another shot taken at her family. This time it didn't hit. Now she heard a series of growls resonating from the other occupants in the room. Feiona watched as her Uncle took a step forward. “What do you want, human?” He asked in his deep baritone voice.
“All wolf's must die for what they did to me.” Pulling the rifle up, he aimed a shot straight at her Uncle. After that all hell broke loose. The occupants of the room changed shape, into wolfs of different statures and colors. Feiona was about to do the same when her Uncle stopped her.
#Feiona, take your brother and run.#
She gazed at the large brown wolf in shock. “What are you talking about!” She said, in disbelief.
#You heard me, take him and run!!#
She turned to do what he said, when she heard her mother scream. A bullet had just hit her little brother right in the chest. “Nanok!!!!!!” Feiona shouted running to her fallen brother. The man aimed another shot at him, but instead of hitting Nanok, it hit her mother. “Mom!!!” She stood there, staring at the immobile bodies of her family. The last thing she remembered after that was her Uncle pushing her out of harms way, and him saying, #Stay safe, Twilight. #
:::::: END FLASHBACK::::::
 
Yeah, stay safe. While all of may friends and family get slaughtered. Shaking her head, Feiona stepped through the broken doorway into the street. The entire neighborhood was standing on her front lawn and staring at the young woman, covered in blood. Mrs. Yamagata, a good friend of Feiona's mother, ran forward and enveloped the girl her arms.
"Oh my god…Feiona I'm so sorry." She said, tears streaming down her face. Looking down she gasped, Feiona's eyes were no longer those of a human, but those of a wolf.
"Holy Mary…" She whispered, slowly backing from the girl. Without blinking, Feiona followed Mrs.Yamagata's movement and she smiled, showing off sharp fangs.
"Gomen, Yamagata-san." She whispered, stepping backwards. "Please give my family a proper burial." Casting one last glance at the house she grew up in, she bounded down the street, hair billowing behind her.
 
Panting, Feiona sat on the hill, a large forest to her back, looking over the one and only home she ever knew. Shaking her head, she gazed at the moon.
"A red moon." She stated to the open air. "A blood moon."
Eyes filling with tears, she changed into her true form, a jet-black wolf with eyes that rivaled the night sky. Throwing her head back she let loose a howl, letting the whole world know her pain. Goodbye, Momma. I'll see you in Paradise.
 
Somewhere in the forest, a young boy with light brown hair and caramel eyes turned towards the city.
"Did you guys hear that?" He asked his companions.
A man with brown hair and cinnamon eyes glanced at the boy. "How can we not? The howl wasn't exactly quiet, runt."
The boy glared at the man. "I'm not a runt, Hige!!" He shouted.
"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP!!!" A man with short silver hair, pulled back into a short pony hair growled. The little boy pouted. "No need to yell, Tsume."
"Toboe's right." A man with shoulder length dark brown hair and sapphire eyes stated. "We need to find Paradise."
Tsume growled at the man, his gold eyes narrowing. "How the hell do we know we're heading to Paradise, Kiba?" Kida sighed, glancing at the only female in the group.
"We follow Cheza."
Upon hearing her name, the girl looked over at the males, her red eyes sad. "This one fells sorry for the wolf." She said quietly, her pink hair blowing in the breeze. Toboe gazed at her.
"What should we do?"
Cheza turned to him. "This one needs to comfort the wolf." She said rising from her spot. Smiling at the men, she took off into the forest.
"Cheza!!" Kiba shouted, turning into a large white wolf with gold eyes. Turning around he was greeted by a gray wolf with gold eyes, a tan wolf with caramel eyes and a light brown wolf with cinnamon eyes.
#We follow Cheza. #
With that he sprinted after the girl, the other three wolf's trailing behind him.