Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf's Tears ❯ Will you come with us? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi!!!!!!! I'm back and am finally updating this story!!!! * Dodges the rotten vegetables thrown at her * Hey, I said I was updating, this is not like the last update which was an AN. Any who, on to * drums roll in the background *…Chapter 3 or Wolf's Tears!!!!!
 
Chapter 3: Final Goodbye
 
I'm going to Paradise.
Feiona closed her eyes as soon as the words left her mouth, a single tear slipping from beneath the closed lids. Her Uncle always said that he was going to lead the family to Paradise where they could live happily and with out fear of being hunted.
“It is a beautiful place, Twilight.” He told her one night when the moon was new. “The grass is forever green, the sky forever a clear blue. Never again will our pack ever go hungry because there will be pray to hunt in abundance. We won't have to eat this human food any longer. We'll be free, just like we were born to be.”
She would never forget the look in his eyes that night. His brown eyes sparkled with such fire and determination that made Feiona understand why he was alpha male.
“We're going to Paradise, too. Why don't you come with us?” Toboe's voice said, snapping her out of her memories.
“Oh, no. I wouldn't want to intrude on someone else's pack.” She said quickly, instantly regretting it when the pups face fell and tears filled his eyes. “Don't you like us?” He asked sadly, looking at the ground. No don't do that. Feiona pleaded silently. I have never been able to resist that. Nanok always took advantage of that. Placing her arms around his shoulders, she pulled him into a bear hug.
“That's not it, Toboe.” She whispered into his ear. “ I just do not think the rest of your pack likes me much. I would hate to cause distress among family.”
Upon hearing her explanation, Toboe's sprits lifted a bit.
“Not like you?” He said in surprise, pulling out of Feiona's arms. “Did Hige's drooling tell you nothing.”
The wolf in question blushed and tackled the pup to the ground. “What was that, runt?” He asked, shoving Toboe's head into his armpit.
The group could hear Toboe's shout of `Ewwww, it stinks under here', and laughed. Striding over to the pair, Tsume pulled Toboe out of his current position.
“Don't kill him, porky.” He drawled, patting the pup on the back as he gasped for breath. “We all know you haven't bathed in weeks.”
Hige growled and pointed out that none of them had.
“There is a spring not far from here.” Feiona cut in, pointing to the north. “It's a natural hot spring, so it is very comfortable.” She had barely gotten the words `hot spring' out before two blurs of brown rushed passed her. Blinking, she turned and watched as they became smaller and smaller.
Has it really been that long since they've had a nice bath?
She got her answer when both Kiba and Tsume walked at a casual pace past her. They stunk!! Pinching her nose, she inched away from them and towards Cheza who smiled at her. When the two wolves were out of range, Feiona released the breath she did not know she was holding. How someone could smell that bad was beyond her. To her, they smelled like year old cheese that had been left out in the sun.
Ewwww, moldy cheese.
“This one is going to bask in the moon light.” Cheza whispered, strolling towards a clearing a few feet away
Without the distraction the interesting group provided, the events of the night spilled back into focus. Her eyes fell out of focus as the memories flooded back.
:::: Flashback::::
“Feiona, come on. You promised you'd teach me to fight when I turned 15.” Nanok whined, “Well, I'm 15 now, so teach me!!!!”
Feiona rolled her eyes at her brother. “You shouldn't be so gun ho to fight, brat.” She chastised. “If I teach you how, I better not find out that you started anything with your bratty friends.”
An overly innocent look appeared on Nanok's face. “Me, start a fight. Why sister, I'm appalled that you think so lowly of me.”
“That's it. I'm not teaching you squat.”
Nanok pouted, running over and grabbing his sister's arm. “ I was joking, Fei. You know I wouldn't do that.”
Tilting her head down so that her hair hit her face, Feiona let an evil smirk spread across it. Without any warning, she grabbed her brother around the waist, pushed him to the ground and stated to tickle him, mercilessly.
“First lesson,” she chirped, running her hands across his ribs, “Never let your guard down.”
::::: End Flashback:::::
“Oh, Nanok.” She whispered, brokenly, tears falling down her face. “I wish I taught you how to fight more tonight. Maybe you and everyone else would still be alive.”
“Whose Nanok?” Feiona gasped, turning to meet the sapphire eyes of Kiba, whose hair was still wet from his bath.
“He's my little brother. Today was his 15th birthday.” She stated softly, blushing.
How selfish am I. She thought snidely. Crushing on a guy not even two hours after my packs destruction.
She squeaked as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist. Placing his head on her shoulder, Kiba whispered his apologies. “Also,” he added, his breath sweeping across her neck, “ We do like you, even Tsume, though he would never admit that.” She pulled back and looked him in the eyes shocked. “How did you…?”
“Toboe told us at the springs.” He said, smiling. “We would be honored if you would join us as a pack member. Besides, Cheza does need another females company and Toboe needs a mother figure.” Smiling, she nodded. “ I would love to. Thank you Kiba.” Gazing up into the red moon, with Kiba's arms still around her, Feiona closed her eyes and let a single, solitary tear fall. This mother, Nanok, Uncle, will be the last tear I shed. You will always be in my heart, and for you, I will live on…with my new pack. Maybe, just maybe, She glanced at Kiba who, too, was gazing at the moon, I will find that mate you have always wanted me to find mother. This, my family, is my final goodbye.