X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Headaches, Humor, and Fate ❯ The Mystery is Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own X or its characters.
Warnings: Shounen-ai hinted at. OOC.  
Notes: Thank you for reviewing, Mamoru. ^_^
Chapter 2 - The Mystery is Revealed 
 “Hmm…I see.” It was now five o'clock, and the group was now in Dr. Koizumi's office, which had been a lovely stroll of about twenty blocks from Sakurazuka's veterinary clinic.
“Yes?”
“Well, judging from Sumeragi-san's behavior,” the brown-haired man looked pointedly at the onmyouji who was currently twirling around on the black leather stool, “He's taken some drugs.”
“Drugs?” Kamui blinked.
“Oh my god!” Yuzuriha briefly clasped both hands over her mouth. “My obaa-san warned me about drug dealers in the city. I saw Subaru-san go into a dark alleyway yesterday.”
“Sumeragi-san's an addict?!”
“He was there to do an exorcism,” Arashi smacked Sorata in the arm.
“How did you know?”
“Well,” Arashi blushed.
“Ahem!”
“W-Well, you see…” Arashi stuttered.
“Ahem!”
“Alright! I just came back from shopping, and I had bought some tampons!” Arashi turned bright red. “I took it out to take with me to the bathroom, and I didn't realize anyone was home. Sorata was coming in from the kitchen to greet me, so I panicked and stuffed it into the closest hiding place. It was the right pocket of Subaru-san's coat.”
“So that's why there wasn't anything in that bag!”
“I knew you were going to snoop around,” Arashi's eyebrow twitched.
“Ahem!”
“What, I'm telling you guys already!”
“Excuse me Ms. Arashi, but that was me.”
“Oh, um, sorry doctor - but anyway, to make a long story short, Subaru-san returned from the gardens where he was tutoring Kamui,” Kamui nodded in affirmation, “and received a page for a job. He took his coat, so I had to follow him and make sure he didn't find such a…thing…in his pocket.”
“That's why you offered to hang up Subaru-san's coat when he came back!” Yuzuriha exclaimed.
“Yes.”
“Hey, Yuzuriha-chan, why did you see Subaru in the alley?” Kamui looked curious.           < /div>
“Oh me? I was just passing by,” Yuzuriha blushed.
“She was with her boyfriend.” Everyone looked at Subaru. Apparently, he had stopped twirling in his seat. He got up and put an arm around Yuzuriha, “You know, you have to be careful with older men, even if they seem like the most kindest, animal-loving person in the world.” Subaru sniffled. Wordlessly, Dr. Koizumi presented him with a tissue.
Yuzuriha laughed nervously, “I have no idea what he's saying.”
“Ahem! As I was finally saying, apparently, our patient has taken some medication that is a sister drug of Prozac.” Everyone turned to the weeping onmyouji. He ignored the stares and blew his nose. “As you can see, the drug has been known to cause side-effects on about five percent of the population. Apparently, Sumeragi-san is one of them.”
“But why would Subaru be taking something like Prozac?”
“Yeah! Kamui's not taking any, and his life is much more angsty!”
Kamui's head whipped around. He glared. Yuzuriha meeped and hid behind Sorata. Subaru was laughing, swirling around again on his stool. Something fell out of his pocket with a light thud. Dr. Koizumi picked the small cylindrical object up.
“Hm…this is a prescription for migraines, but as you can see,” he popped the lid off and poured a few tablets onto his hand, “the pills don't match the description. Some pharmacist made a mistake.”
“What can we do?” Purple eyes looked pleading at the authority before them. The doctor threw the pills away into the trashcan.
“Wait until it wears off.”
~~~~~~~      
“Subaru-san!” Four tired figures huffed, as the pale man ran across the park towards the ice-cream truck.
“A chocolate cone, please,” Subaru handed over three slips of paper.
“Sir, these are just slips of paper with doodles on them,” the young girl tried to hand back the ofuda.
“No they're not. They're written onmyoujitsu spells. See this, this one is supposed to help you set up a small kekkai around your house to ward off any evil spirits or homicidal ex-boyfriends.” The girl looked unconvinced. “Okay, then, how about birds? They'll protect you and act like pets too.” Subaru chanted, and pale doves erupted from the paper. The girl shrieked when one of them flew toward her face. The children crowded behind Subaru began to clap at the magic show.
“I guess she likes them, well, who wants a cone too?” Subaru smiled.
A dozen bodies jumped in excitement.
“ME!”
Five minutes later, four exhausted Dragons of Heaven, each with considerably less cash, dragged home their companion who licked blissfully away, unaware of the chocolate that was smeared all round his mouth.
“Thanks Oji-san!” A group of kids on their way home chorused.
Subaru waved.
“When does the Prozac knock-off wear off again?” Sorata asked.
“A day,” Subaru piped up helpfully around his mouthful of ice cream. He had been paying some attention to Dr. Koizumi.
Yuzuriha, Sorata, and Kamui groaned. It was still one day too long. Subaru noticed Kamui's hunched figure, and patted him on the back.
“You know, you should take one of these.” He rummaged through his left pocket, and popped a pill into Kamui's mouth. When Kamui struggled, Subaru placed his hand over Kamui's mouth and nose.
“Subaru-san, where did you get that?!” Yuzuriha exclaimed.
“I'm supposed to take one every few hours. I didn't want to have to take the trouble of unscrewing the medication holder, so I just put a pill in my other pocket for later,” Subaru sobered, then shrugged.
Kamui gasped desperately for air, and swallowed. His purple eyes swirled, and then he fainted.
“Kamui-kun!” Arashi bent down.
“YES?!” Kamui suddenly shot up like a thunderbolt. The goofy grin he had on matched Subaru's perfectly. Three Dragons of Heaven blinked…then began to cry. At the sound, all the toddlers in the park began to bawl too. Subaru hurriedly ran around, offered his half-eaten ice cream in consolation.
All across Tokyo, ordinary people going about their ordinary lives turned to hear the strange noise coming from Ueno Park. 
“WAAHHHHH!!!!!!” 
“Look it's chocolate! I can get you vanilla if you don't like it.”
 
TBC…
 
Next Chapter - Kamui and Subaru hit the clubbing scene! /Kamui/ shows up, and it's a night of misunderstandings and embarrassment for both Karen and Seishirou!