X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ How We Fell in Love ❯ The Date ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
XMEN DOESN'T BELONG TO ME

They drove for what seemed like minutes to Rogue. She opened her eyes a little disappointed that the fun ride was over. They were at a small restraunt. She could see Mardi Gradi mask in the window and other cajun decorations.
"Where are we?" she asked looking around.
"At John's Cajun Cooking Restraunt." Rogue smiled evily
"Maybe Ah don't like cajun things." Remy laughed.
"Come on try it ya just might like it." He smiled. He put on the kickstand and hopped off pulling her with him into the restraunt.
"Bonjour."
"Bonjour Monsieur Remy." said a little bleach blonde. "Just sit down at your table. I'll be there in a minute."
"Oui. Come on Cher." They sat down at a table near the back.
"Monsieur Remy eh?" Rogue said raising an eyebrow.
"Anna is the manager's daughter and he and I are friends."
"And you and her?"
"Me and Ann?" He laughed.
"What's so funny she is attrative." Rogue frowned. Remy wiped his eyes and smiled
"Anna is married or soon to be anyway some French business man, Pierre, I think. I heard he is really nice."
"Oh.'' she felt suddenly very stupid.
"Besides Roguey no one can compare with ya Chere."
"Stop calling me that I know what it means."
"Come on Cher." he wiggled his eyebrows charmingly.
"I am not your darling."
"Um pardon?" the two looked up to see the little blonde waitress her tiny name tag read Anna-Marie. " Maybe I should come back later." she drawled with a french accent.
"Non Anna deux cartes." Remy said. Anna reached into her apron pocket and pulled out two menus.
"Vous desirez?" she asked. Remy scanned the back of the menu.
"Un coca, Dr. Pepper." He looked at Rogue "Pour tu? I mean what do you..."
"Un cafe, beacoup le surce." Rogue inturpetted. Anna disappered. Remy smiled as he leaned forward.
"So where did you learn french?" He said in a sly way. Rogue waved er hand in dismissal.
"Irene would speak it from time to time and plus I grew up with alot of cajuns."
"I never knew." Rogue smirked
"There is alot about me people don't know." Remy leaned farther.
"It's sexy when you speak it." Rogue glared at him. Just then Anna came with a Dr. Pepper and a coffee with lots of sugar.
"Merci." they both said.
"Ya ready to order?"
"I'll take some gumbo, petite." Remy ordered.
"Make it 2 with bread." The little waitress disappeared agian. Rogue turned to Remy. "So?"
"So..."
"So you still haven't told me why your here."
"Why mon chere ya break my heart Remy came to see ya of course."
"But why? What cause you to come now? What about your father?"
"Pere? He and I had shall ya say a different view on matters." Rogue leaned forward in interest.
"Ah'm listening." Remy sighed.
"After ya left I realized that I didn't want to be a thief anymore. I was sick of the guild's tricky ways and doing Jean-Luc's dirty work. I told him that I was through and wanted out."
"I'm taking it that he didn't take it well." Remy snickered.
"Thing is Cher I was one of Jean-Luc's best thieves, ya hafta be in order to survive. He trained he since I was a bebe and my powers are very useful in guild wars.No one dares to mess with someone who can blow up your whole hide-out just by touching it." Rogue nodded knowingly. "Plus my eyes make some think I'm some kind of demon spawn or something." He grinned "With the excepetion of one sassy southern belle." She smirked. "Anyway he and I got into many huge fights, til one day I just left, took what little I owned and hopped on a bus to New York and here I am." he leaned back putting a cigrette in his mouth but put it away at Rogue frown
"So what are you doing here?"
"Well I was going to join the X-men but I don't think I'll be welcome." Rogue laughed. "So I bought an apartment for cheap and got a job here cooking." Anna came and gave them thier gumbo.
"Bon appite."
"Merci, enjoy Rogue." Rogue looked down at the food and at him
"You made this didn't you?"
"Oui." Rogue took a bite and smiled
"Mmm tastes like home."
"Thought you'd like it."
"But how did you know?" Remy shrugged his shoulders
"Lucky guess?"
"Great guess."
"Remy!" the two turned as a large woman came over and glared at him.
"What'd I do?" She glared harder and frowned.
"Remy you pig!" Rogue smirked.
"I see she knows you well." Remy scruched up his face at her.
"Belle femme why are ya mad at Remy?" The woman crossed her arms over her chest.
"You know why."
"Uh."
"You forgot!"
"Forgot? What I forget?" The woman smiled
"My hug of course." Remy grinned and hugged the woman.
"Rogue this is Amiee, John's wife and Anna's mother. Though she looks too young to be a mom."
"Remy you're so good for my ego." Remy smiled "Is this fille ya were looking for?"
"Oui."
"Oh! It's so nice to meet ya. I have heard so much about ya. Remy you were right her eyes are to die for!" Remy shifted uncomfortable.
"So he has been talking about me huh?"
"Every day, I was beginning to think he had met some goddess who had left to go back to heaven but here ya are."
"Oh reallly?" Rogue looked slyly at him
"Yes well..." Remy tried to cut in.
"Oh I love your hair it's so unique did you dye it?"
"No I was born with it."
"Oh how cute! So that's ya stole our Remy's heart huh?"
"Well I don't know about that."
"Nonsense he told us he is head over heels for you in fact..."
"Ok Amiee I think she gets it."
"But.." Just then Rogue's cell phone ran. Every X that went on missions got one. She held up a finger then put it to her lips.
"Hello?"
"Stripes, it's me."
"Hey Logan." Remy smile evily. She made a motion for him to shut up.
"Look I need you to come back."
"Why?"
"Chuck wanted those new recruits to do a training session."
"Yeah?"
"Storm bailed."
"Why would she do that?"
"Lady problems?" Remy whispered. She cupped her hand over his mouth.
"Who was that?"
"No one some dumb rude cook at this restraunt Ah'm at." Amiee giggled.
"Do I hear giggling?"
"Waitress. You were saying?" She was glaring at the two.
"Oh yeah anyway she said she couldn't because this session is about not panicking and she found out it has those tight boxes remember anyway because of that phobia of hers..."
"Claustrophobia?""Yeah so she bailed and I need your help."
"Why can't Jean do it?" she could almost hear him smirking through the phone. "What did you do?""I stuck her with driving lessons."
"To who?''
"Kitty." Rogue smirked. "Unless you want to trade places with her..."
"No thanks I'll take training instead."
"Be here by 4:30." Logan hung up. She looked at her watch 3:20.
"Logan's gonna kill me I'll be late."
"Got to go Cher?"
"Yeah. I need to be there fast."
"Don't worry you'll be there in no time." He smiled and said goodbye to Amiee and pull Rogue outside.
"Nice meeting ya Aimee!""
"You too petite!"
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX
They got to the park in good time but by then it was already well past 4. Rogue was nervous. She hopped off the bike and stood facing Remy. He grinned a boyish grin and pulled out a rose with a playing card taped to it
"A pretty rose for a beautiful woman." Rogue smiled slightly as Remy revved the bike and took off leaving trail of smoke.
"Rogue?" she turned in a hurry and saw Scott standing there. Her signature scowl was back on her face . "What are you doing here?"
"I was gonna take Jean on a picnic so I thought I'd check it out the park. Who was that?"
"Some boy who has a crush on me."
"I can tell that." He looked at the rose in Rogue's hand. Rogue blushed but hid it.
"Not that it's any of your business." She made a move to walk past bumming his shoulder hard.
"Ow!" Scott glanced at her. She felt a little guilt after all Scott didn't do anything to her and she didn't really hate him. She didn't even hate Jean, she didn't like her much but she didn't hate her.
--LATER--
She entered the manison carefully and ran straight to the danger room dressing rooms. She dressed quickly and fled to the Danger Room
"Cutting it close Stripes." Logan grunted. Rogue held up a thumbs up.
"Ok kids. Level 2. Go!" The Danger Room session began.