X-Men Fan Fiction / W.I.T.C.H. Fan Fiction / Maximum Ride Fan Fiction ❯ WildFire ❯ The Day I was Born ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter two*~
~The day I was born~
 
“I was born on a stormy night, and people were evacuating the hospital due to a tornado warning in the area. Then, exactly when I was born, lightning struck the building and caused a fire. That took place in the room I was born in; then it seemed that a bolt of lightning hit the fire and formed a ball that disappeared and the reappeared right next to me. After a moment or two, it went inside of me. All I know now is that I was the only one to survive in that room.”
 
“Wow. That sounds sort of like what I found out before I got dumped at the orphanage,” Artemis said, staring at Phoenix in awe.
 
“Can I finish now?!” Phoenix said, glaring at Artemis.
 
“Sure, why not?”
 
“Well, all I know now is that I've had half of this orange crystal bal hanging around my neck ever since then.”
 
“I have a blue one!” Artemis cried; interrupting Phoenix again.
 
“I wasn't done!” Phoenix said, looking at Artemis with a `shut-up-now-or-be-vaporized' look on her face.
 
“Sorry,” Artemis said, glancing down momentarily.
 
“My eyes used to be brown, now they're red and yellow, with glowing flames across them. My hair is somehow turning orange, red, and yellow!” Phoenix exclaimed. “I keep dreaming stuff, and you're telling me what it all means.”
 
“Tell me one of your recent dreams,” Artemis said, listening intently.
 
“Okay,” Phoenix began. “You know Kurt, they guy I've had a crush on, like, forever? Well, last night in my dream he asked me out, and after I said yes we went to Disney World,” Phoenix said, finishing her statement by sighing dreamily.
 
“I think you're having visions of the future,” Artemis said, choosing her words carefully. She paused for a moment, then continued with, “Well, the way I see it, Kurt's going to ask you out, and then a year later the two of you are going to get married. We're both seniors in high school, so, Kurt's going to ask you out…in three days.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yes, I am.”
 
After Artemis finished interpreting Phoenix's dreams, the two of them stayed up all night watching random TV shows and stuffing themselves with candy, pop, and strawberries with sugar on them.