X-Men Fan Fiction / W.I.T.C.H. Fan Fiction / Maximum Ride Fan Fiction ❯ WildFire ❯ Back Home ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter Four*~
~Back Home~
 
After they woke up and were ready to leave, Artemis got into the driver's seat and Phoenix teleported into the passenger's seat next to her. “Stop popping up in front of me! It's annoying,” Artemis said, a shocked and angry look on her face.
 
“Sorry; won't happen anymore,” Phoenix said, then muttered to herself, “much.”
 
“What was that?!”
 
“Nothing.”
 
Artemis began to turn the key in the ignition, but the car didn't start. She tried again, and this time the car just sputtered and died. “Da-,” Artemis began, but then a bolt of lightning shot from her finger into the car's keyhole.
 
“Artemis!” Phoenix cried, swinging her fist at Artemis's head.
 
“I was going to say dang, I swear!” Artemis cried, blocking the blow.
 
“Good, now, can we go home?” Phoenix said. After about thirty seconds of silence, Phoenix's head flew forward and struck the dashboard. “Ouch!” She cried, glaring at Artemis.
 
“That's for swinging your arm at me,” Artemis said, glaring back.
 
“Don't touch me!”
 
“I didn't, I used telekinesis. So you had better be a good little girl and obey everything I say,” Artemis taunted her, a mischievous gleam in her eyes. She stuck her tongue out at Phoenix and then pulled away from the campsite, heading back home.
 
“Try that again and I'll burn you to a crisp!” Phoenix said as Artemis pulled onto the main road. “Were you ever going to tell me what happened before you ended up at the orphanage?”
 
“Alright, I will,” Artemis said, taking a deep breath.