X-Men Fan Fiction / W.I.T.C.H. Fan Fiction / Maximum Ride Fan Fiction ❯ WildFire ❯ Artemis's Journey ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*Chapter Nine*~
~Artemis's Journey~
 
Artemis arrived at the edge of the SeaStone forest at three o' clock P.M. She had stopped for the night and slept in a tree- she liked doing that. Now she had to see if she could find Phoenix's trail. Artemis looked to the right; there wasn't anything there. She glanced to her left and saw nothing again. For some odd reason she looked up. There was smoke appearing over the treetops! “That must be Phoenix!” She said, then parked her motorcycle and hid it from view. She followed the smoke, going as fast as the trees and brush would allow her to.
 
She knew it was going to be dark in the forest, but not as dark as it was. It was nearly pitch black; she reached into her backpack, trying to find a flashlight. After a moment of searching she thought, `Did I even bring a flashlight?!' A moment later she found one, but when she tried to turn it on, the batteries were dead. `I wonder…if I put zap this with a lightning bolt…would it work?' She thought.
 
She zapped the flashlight, and, to her surprise, it worked. The flashlight illuminated a large portion of the forest around her, so she was safe. After a moment or two she saw a dark shadowy shape move around in front of her. “Who's there?” She called. There was no reply. All of the sudden, she felt something crawling up the back of her hakama. “What the heck?!” She cried, flinging whatever it was off her back and across the forest floor. She shined her flashlight onto what had crawled up her. There was a brown cat with golden stripes running down its back and tail, a white star on its chest and a black star on its forehead. It also had one black paw, one gold paw, one white paw, one brown paw, a black and white nose, and aqua blue eyes.
 
The cat opened its mouth and asked, “What in the heck did you do that for?!”
 
“You can talk?!” was all that Artemis could say.
 
“Of course I can talk. My name is Trisa, and your name is Artemis,” She meowed.
 
“How did you know my name?” Artemis asked Trisa, unsure of what to think.
 
“I know all about you and your sister,” Trisa replied, watching Artemis's jaw drop in amusement.
 
“What sister? I'm an only child! I don't even have adoptive siblings!”
 
“No you're not. Your sister's name is Phoenix,” Trisa meowed, watching as Artemis's eyes widened even more.