X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ "Candy" ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Logan looked at Storm, who nodded for him to go and then he stood up and followed the man to the other side of the eating area.
 
“Um..a..are…you friends of a Charles Xavier?” he asked a little worriedly.
 
“Yeah” Logan replied as he scuffed his boot.
 
The man smiled and then his face fell back into seriousness. “You're here for the kids aint ya? I talked to Charlie and he said someone'd be here to pick um up. I aint got no room for um at my place, I got a wife and a kid of my own.
An I give you fair warning, there's something wrong with them. They do stuff, just aint normal. I don't know what they are..” the man said.
 
“Their kids, and yeah were here to pick em up. Wouldn't want to burden you with a couple of babe's.” Logan said as he turned and started to walk over to his table.
 
The man almost felt a little guilty, he then turned and walked back behind the counter, to return to his work.
 
Logan sat down in his seat and then picked up his fork. After taking a bite and avoiding Storms watch he spoke up, “How, you'd kids like to go on a road trip?”
 
All of them looked at him.
 
“Where to?” Cameron asked
 
“New York.” Logan said as he took another bite of his food.
 
“Were not supposed to go with strangers.” Collie said.
 
That's when Storm spoke up, “Children, listen. Logan and I were sent here to pick you up and bring you home with us, to New York.”
 
Candice looked at the table almost in disbelief, she couldn't go with them.
 
Storm looked around to make sure no one was in ear shot of their table. “We know of your abilities, Candice, and we are more than certain that your brothers when they get a little older will have some special abilities of their own.” Storm said looking at the girl who was now looking at her with eyes that looked concerned and frightened.
 
“How do you know?” Candice asked.
 
“You'll have to see when you get to New York. Logan and I, we are just like you, we have certain gifts that make us different from everyone else as well.” Storm tried
 
Candice started to breathe hard, “I don't believe you, your lying!!” she all but yelled.
 
“Hey watch your mouth, kid.” Logan said starting to get angry hearing how the girl was speaking to Ro. Here she was trying to make nice with the kid, and she just snaps.
 
“You go to hell. I don't know what you want, but I'm not going anywhere with you.” She stated as she jumped up to stand.
 
Logan stood up as well and glared down at the young girl.
 
“I'm not scared of you.” She said as she looked up at him.
 
“That'll change quick.” Logan said as he went to reach for her.
 
“Stay away from me” she yelled and then stamped hard on his boot, she then took off for the exit.
 
Logan let out a quick growl and then took off after her, he grabbed her just as she was pulling open the door. He lifted her up with one hand, again it was painfully noticeable how small she was, she weighed what felt like to Logan next to nothing.
 
“Hey, let go of my sister!!” Cameron yelled from over the booth.
 
“Cameron, sit down Logan's not going to hurt her.” Storm tried.
 
Collin just watched to scared to go over to his sister,
 
Logan walked to the back of the diner and pulled open a door that led to the bathrooms.
 
Storm was thankful now that there were only a few people left, since the scene with Logan and Julie, almost everyone had left.
 
There were probably only two elderly couples, a younger man and themselves at the diner.
 
Logan pushed the girl into the men's bathroom and walked in himself, he was going to give her something to scream about, but the moment the girl hit the bathroom, she ran to the corner and turned to look at him and burst into tears.
 
Logan was shocked, the girl fell from angry to almost hysterical, her breathing was ragged and she was crying rather loudly, and he hadn't even touched her.
 
“Pl…please..dont hurt..me” she cried.
 
Logan could smell fear coming from her, the way she had instantly turned her back away from him and slid down the wall, to give even less access to herself. It didn't take a genius to know what was wrong with her, she had been molested. Logan with how old he was new the signs.
 
The thought made him want to pop out his claws and just go at something, there was nothing worse in his mind then the abuse of children. Especially the physical kind.
 
“Pl…please..Im …sorry.” She said
 
Logan walked over to her and took her by the top of her arms..
 
“No!...no!! let me go!!” she started to kick and scream even louder, she was thrashing wildly about.
 
“Listen to me, listen!” Logan said with a light shake to get her attention.
 
She stopped, and looked at him, her face red and tear-streaked. She still sobbed though.
 
“Im, not gonna hurt you darlin. Im not gonna hurt ya.” He said.
 
Logan pulled her up to let her cry on his shoulder. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down. He was at the point where he was ready to beat the next man he saw.
 
Logan rubbed her back in soothing circles and then said, “Listen to me darlin, were gonna wash your face and then were gonna go back outside, get yer brothers and Storm and were gonna head back to New York. This is your choice babe, you go with us, where we can help you with your gift, or we take you back to your aunt. What's it gonna be?” Logan asked.
 
Candice was hiccupping through her low sobs, “You” she said.