X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well here's the next chapter. I hope you like it. Please R&R! Thanks!
Disclaimer: I don't own X-men Evolution.
 
Chapter 9:
 
After the session Rogue had with the Professor, she was left with an even more massive headache then the one she had woken up with, due to all the concentrating she was required to do.
 
So she told the Professor she was going to lie down and maybe take a nap.
 
When she got to her room, she instantly got into bed and shut her eyes tightly while hugging Evan's pillow. And soon after, she had fallen asleep.
 
When she woke up she still had the headache but it was more bearable now. She looked at the clock and saw it was 6:00pm.
 
“Ah've been asleep for about five hours now,” she thought to herself, amazed.
 
And yet she still didn't feel like pulling herself out of her bed.
 
A knock came at her door. Before she could say anything the person opened the door and stepped right in.
 
“Scott what are ya doing here?” she asked, slightly annoyed. She looked him over and noticed he had a tray of food in his hands.
 
“Dinner time,” he simply said, “Professor X mentioned your headache. I didn't think you'd feel up to joining us, so here I am.”
 
She sat up in her bed and he handed her the plate of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy and a cup of orange juice.
 
“Thanks,” she said. After smelling the food she realized she actually was hungry. And she started to eat.
 
“Good,” Scott said quietly watching her.
 
When she was done Scott took the empty plate away from her.
 
“Do you want some more?” he asked.
 
“No ah'm full now. Thanks ah lot,” she replied, grateful.
 
“Your welcome,” he said, “I'll take these down to the kitchen.”
 
And then he left the room.

Rogue picked up a book and started to read. She tried to concentrate on the words but her mind kept wandering off to Evan.
 
She missed him and really wanted to go see him. But she knew it was way to early to sneak out. She had to wait until everyone was asleep.
 
So she forced herself to concentrate on the book until she could see Evan again.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Evan wasn't having the greatest day. He woke up with two more plates sticking out of his back and a new one on his neck.
 
He immediately started to try to pull them in. He sat there for a full 3 hours and he made no progress what so ever.
 
Then Callisto announced that they were low on supplies and that she needed someone to go up with her to buy some more.
 
Evan had been there long enough to know that everyone dreaded going up to the top, so he volunteered.
 
Which was a big mistake.
 
Though the world new about mutants, they still were afraid of them.
 
When they entered the store everyone cowered in fear of his appearance. And to top it off the manager kicked them out with no supplies even though they had money.
 
“It was because of me,” Evan said to himself, angrily.
 
He was sitting in the same spot where he and Rogue were talking before the skateboard lesson.
 
Only one thing cheered him up, Rogue. He kept remembering the night before and kept wishing that she would come back and see him again.
 
~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~__~__~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_ ~_~_
 
I hoped you liked it. More to come next Friday.
 
Thanks for the reviews: Rogue14, …, DemonRogue13, silentvengence13, and rika-or-ri.
 
Please keep them coming.
 
Next chapter: Rogue comforts Evan.