X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Too much schoolwork. So anyways here's chapter 8.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own X-men Evolution.
 
Chapter 8:
 
The next morning Rogue awoke with a slight headache; it was of the annoying variety. She had had a good night sleep, despite the headache, courtesy of Evan's pillow. She gave it one last sniff before she got out of bed and went to the bathroom.
 
She took a shower, which helped with her headache pain and then she got dressed in a red tank top with a black lacey long sleeved shirt and black jeans. She brushed her hair, put on her dark makeup and went to join the others for breakfast.
 
When she arrived downstairs she noticed everyone was already there and saw that the only seat left was at the very end of the table where the Professor sat at the head of it and right next to Scott.
 
“Good Morning Rogue. I hope you had a good nights sleep,” Professor Xavier said.
 
“Yes,” Rogue said simply.
 
“I vas very vorried about you vhen you vent to bed early. I hope you're all right,” Kurt said, who was directly across from her, “Here let me get you a plate to eat.”
 
Before Rogue could protest he had already started to pile the food on her plate.
 
Then he set it in front of her, proudly.
 
“Thanks Kurt,” she said, giving him a slight smile.
 
“Vhat are brothers for?” he asked, happily. Then Bobby started to talk to Kurt, leaving Rogue alone to eat in peace.
 
She looked at her plate and nothing seemed appealing to her. She just started to move things around, just as she did the night before.
 
Scott had been watching her the whole time.
 
He bent closer to her and said quietly, “Rogue, you haven't eaten since yesterday morning. If you don't eat you'll make yourself sick,” his voice was full of concern.
 
“Ah'm just not that hungry. That's all,” she replied dismissing the subject.
 
“Scott's right, Rogue. You must eat to keep your strength up,” the Professor said to her.
 
“Don't worry about meh,” she replied.
 
“Too late,” Scott announced, “Now at least eat one pancake or else I'll get Jean to keep you at this table until you eat something.”
 
“Fahne,” Rogue said grudgingly. She started to eat her pancake while Scott watched.
 
Once she was finished, she said to him, “Ya satisfied?”
 
“I guess. I don't think one pancake is enough, but…” he trailed off.
 
“Scott, listen ta meh. Ah'm just not that hungry. That's all, ah swear,” she said firmly.
 
“Ok,” he relented.
 
“Rogue?” Professor Xavier asked.
 
“Yes Professor?” she said as she turned to face him.
 
“Do you think you're up to starting those sessions we talked about?” he asked her.
 
“Maybe…ah guess so,” she replied unsurely.
 
The Professor had told her that she needed to learn how to deal with the personalities she absorbed so that they wouldn't try to take her over again. He also said it might help with controlling her powers.
 
She should have been ecstatic at the prospect of touching again. But she didn't want to get her hopes up because of a mere chance. Experience taught her that nothing good came her way when she really wanted it.
 
“Good. How about we begin today, after breakfast?” he asked.
 
“Sure, whatever,” she said unenthusiastically.
 
“It will help, Rogue,” he added.
 
After helping to clear the table and clean up, Rogue went up to the Professor's office to start the sessions.
 
Rogue stepped into the office and sat in a chair across from the Professor.
 
“So what exactly do ah have ta do?” she asked, tentatively.
 
“I'd like to see how your mind works. What happens to those personalities you absorb and how your mind has coped with them. Of course this requires me entering your mind. So I will need your permission,” he explained.
 
“Yes, sure,” she replied. She'd do anything that would help reach her ultimate goal.
 
Control.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_ ~_~_
 
Well I hoped you liked it. More to come very soon!
 
Next chapter: More Scott, Rogue friendly interaction. And Evan!
 
Thanks for all the great reviews! Please keep them coming!