X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Renegade Romances ❯ Oblivious ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Because I absolutely need to write a Gambit/Rogue story. So, here we are, with one of the most clichéd plots one could come up with.
Curses. I was working on a one shot. And by working I mean I have a title to a one shot.
…Shut up. I don't need your sass. I've got my own.
This based mostly on the animated series, with a few comic references. A few. Because I (sadly) don't know that much about the comics.
This is more drabble than anything else, but the drabble has a plot when put all together.
((All my other stories require long chapters. This one doesn't have to.))
((Can you guess which finger I'm pointing at you right now?))
((I totally don't talk to myself.))
 
Renegade Romances
Chapter One: Oblivious
 
Kitty stopped Kurt in the hallway, glancing around.
 
“Have you seen Rogue today?” she asked.
 
Kurt shrugged. “No. Wasn't she sick this morning?”
 
“I saw her leave the house right before I left…” Kitty thought a moment. “I might've been wrong.”
 
“I guess we'll see when we get home.”
 
---
 
Kitty opened the door to room she shared with the missing girl, baffled.
 
Sure enough Rogue was asleep under her covers, dressed in pajamas. A box of tissues was at her stand, and a book hung over the edge of the bed.
 
Kitty stared a moment longer. She was absolutely positive she'd seen the same child leave right before her, muttering something about meeting someone.
 
She shook her head and decided she was going insane.
 
---
 
Scott glanced at Rogue, who was looking in a hurry.
 
“Are you getting a ride to school?” he called to her back.
 
“No!” she shouted back, and the door closed behind her.
 
Scott stood there. If she wasn't getting a ride, how was she getting to school?
 
---
 
“You're late,” Tabitha pointed out as Rogue hurried into her seat.
 
“What of it?”
 
“It's the second week in a row you've been late.”
 
She glared at her. “When was the last time you were on time?”
 
“Today, actually.” The blond kicked her feet up on her desk. “I needed a reason to be haughty.”
 
Rogue stared at the detention notice on her desk.
 
---
 
“Where are you going?” Jean asked, causing Rogue to stop at the doorway.
 
“Out,” she answered shortly.
 
“Where are you going?” she repeated.
 
Out. I'll be back soon.”
 
“Have you done your homework?” Jean smiled, and Rogue rolled her eyes.
 
“No, mom. I'll do it tonight.”
 
And out the door she was.
 
---
 
“We've got trouble!” Storm shouted. All the students were sitting in the main room, except for one. “Where's Rogue?”
 
All of them answered together.
 
“Out.”
 
---
 
Rogue was careful as she opened the window, sliding one leg in first, then her torso and head, and then her other leg. She stopped short at Kitty, who was sitting on her bed with an annoyed look.
 
“This looks bad, doesn't it?” Rogue closed the window.
 
“Really bad,” Kitty agreed.
 
“I can't be out for a while? Sure I'm a few minutes past curfew—”
 
“Hours,” Kitty corrected. “And a while? You were gone half the day!”
 
“Like you've never snuck out. How many times have you gone to see Lance at midnight?”
 
Her face heated. “…Shut up! I—Go to bed!”
 
Rogue smiled. “Yes m'am.”
 
---
 
Rogue hung up the phone, and shouted as Kurt appeared in front of her.
 
“Who're you talking to?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. “Someone special?”
 
“No. And stop doing that! You're gonna pop in front of one of us one day and we'll keel over right there.”
 
He frowned, bouncing out of her way. “You're in a bad mood.”
 
“No…” She smiled, walking off. “I think I'm in a pretty good one.”
 
Kurt was left confused.
 
---
 
Rogue forgot about the phone bill.
 
“I need a cell phone.”
 
Notes:
Fluff to come in later chapters. Away with you now. I shall do… something…
((I totally have a life. Or something close to it.))