X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Renegade Romances ❯ Suspicions ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This chapter is gonna be cut short, because the next chapter is gonna be Confinement.
 
Renegade Romances
Chapter Two: Suspicion
 
Jean sighed.
 
“Don't tell me she's—”
 
“Out!” they all cried together.
 
---
 
“Well… You stopped being late for my class.”
 
Rogue didn't look at her teacher. “I'll try harder.”
 
“Another sick day and I'll have to send you to summer school.”
 
“I'll do better.”
 
“Your project is due on Friday. I hope it's good.”
 
“It'll be fantastic.” She forced a smile. The teacher nodded reluctantly and let her go.
 
“Wow,” Tabitha said, greeting her outside the classroom. “That better be one good project.”
 
“Yeah.” Rogue hung her head. “I haven't even started it yet.”
 
---
 
Rogue opened the window.
 
“She's sneaking in again,” Kitty said loudly to Amara beside her on the bed, and she smacked the top of her head on the frame.
 
“Do you have to do that?” Rogue growled.
 
“Yep,” she answered.
 
Amara giggled. “How's your project coming along?”
 
Rogue's eyes went wide. “Oh crap! It's due—”
 
“In eight hours, yep.” Kitty held up the thing they were sitting around. “Just count yourself lucky you have me as a friend.”
 
Rogue could not restrain her thanks, and promised many a fabulous gift for the work.
 
“By the way,” Amara said, gathering up the supplies. “Never again.”
 
Rogue sighed, reading over the poster to make sure she knew it. “Darn. I was gonna pay you to start doing my homework for me.”
 
They glared at her.
 
---
 
Rogue came into class soaking wet.
 
She was on time!
 
“Didn't you get a ride?” Tabitha asked.
 
Rogue just glared at her, running a hand through her wet hair and thankful the poster was safe.
 
Tabitha stared at her friend and began to worry.
 
---
 
Rogue wasn't there to talk to Professor X about her descending grades. She came back around midnight, facing some very angry teachers.
 
---
 
Rogue was chained to the house, and utterly depressed about it.