X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Renegade Romances ❯ Phone ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Can anyone tell me what “Jonda” is? I've been working relentlessly trying to figure it out. Nothing. All I've got is the “Wanda” part of it. Couldn't figure the rest out.
 
Renegade Romances
Chapter Six: Phone
 
If anyone had been looking for her, they would've found Rogue slumped up beside the phone stand, legs spread out as she talked into the phone. It was not a happy look on her face.
 
Far from it.
 
“When was the last time you called me?” she asked quietly, a touch of hurt in her voice.
 
“Too long,” the woman on the other end said: Irene Adler. “I've been neglecting my motherly duties.”
 
“No,” she smiled softly. “I've been on the news a lot lately.”
 
“I saw that.” A soft laugh from the other end, and then hesitant silence.
 
“So why are you calling me now?” she murmured. “I'm fine. Happy, healthy, all that jazz.”
 
“I'm glad to hear. I'm calling because…” She sighed, and Rogue heard a shuffling sound. “There's a lot we haven't talked about.”
 
Her expression turned worse, and she checked for anyone listening. “Yeah, I know.”
 
“You could come down to Mississippi a weekend or something. I'd rather talk to you face-to-face.”
 
“I'll see if I can get away. It might be nice…” And awkward, she reminded herself. Possibly with lots and lots of yelling.
 
“Alright. Call me later, or I'll call you.”
 
The phone line went dead, and Rogue rolled back her head, reaching up to touch the receiver. The dial tone returned.
 
A little while later, Amara found her, still listening to the dial tone.