X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Men: A New Day ❯ Rebirth ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: Rebirth
 
 
The metal twisted nets left by the onslaught brought by Magneto were all but discarded. The smoke had been swept away, and the dirt had resettled. The sea once was of turbulent nature but now had been calmed by the absent of the awesome power of the being once known as the Phoenix. Things seem to become normal, again. On the perch nearest the old ruins of Alcatraz stood Ororo Munroe, or also known among some circles as Storm. She looked upon the destruction and also the process of rebirth. She shed a couple of tears, as up above it began to rain. As the rain fell, it did not even touch the white jet hair that was sitting upon Storm's head. Her power of weather also prevented the common annoyance of wet hair during a rainstorm. She looked up, and said softly:
“Why, why…why did it come to this?” she asked softly.
She walked across to the perch where her once best friend and trusted ally, Jean Grey, had her last stand with the forces of good and evil. Both destroyed her. Storm knelt down to pet the ground where Jean once stood. She noticed plants had begun to plant their seeds and produce vegetation once again.
“As they say, nature found a way…” she cried softly.
“Doesn't it always?” a voice replied.
She turned around to see the stature of the man known as Beast, but to Ororo, he was simply Hank.
“Yes, but not this fast. It's quite a surprise how great destruction can produce such growth so quickly.”
“Ah, the fundamentals of science. Give nature time, she will heal herself.”
“Always the poetic one of the bunch, eh Henry?”
“Of course Ororo.”
Beast extended his big blue arm around Ororo and both of them walked back to the other side of the once feared Alcatraz. Ororo turned around and looked up at the sun.
“Do you think she ever found peace?” she asked.
“Who?” the Beast queried in return.
“Jean…do you think she found peace within her soul?”
“Ororo, for many days I have pondered this, and I have come to the conclusion that Jean did achieve a class 5 status and let her passions become her thinking. However at that last moment before Logan ender her misery, I think she made peace with herself,” Beast explained.
“I hope you are right Henry. I do hope you're right.”
As the two started walk back, an alarm went off. Both looked around in panic as the simulation disappeared around them. Ororo went one side of the land.
“Computer, status report!” she yelled.
“Priority message incoming, session terminated.”
A voice came on the intercom.
“Ms. Munroe, come quickly, we just got an urgent call from Moira McTaggert, she thinks the Professor is alive!”
The message from the panicked Katherine “Kitty” Pride went unheard as Ororo fainted onto the pale cement floor.
 
Rebirth had taken place, and it had come back with an unnatural surprise.