X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Men: A New Day ❯ Challenge ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2
 
Professor Charles Xavier grew up a timid frighten boy, very much like the pupils he would later teach. As a boy, his powers frightened him and at times his powers could compromise him at any moment. From early on, Charles felt that he must keep his powers under control for they were most powerful. Thus, he began his trek onward to become the most powerful mutant on the face of the Earth. Early on his path, he encountered a power greater than telepathy. Love.
 
“Moira…Moira…” a voice said.
 
Moira McTaggert had been making her morning rounds attending to her patients, both human and mutant alike. On Muir Island, McTaggert was able to concentrate on her work of understanding the mutant anatomy without the bigotry presented by the outside world. Ten weeks ago, a human with permanent brain damage named Robert Aldreman had been admitted to the Muir Island Facility.
“I don't understand, why is he being admitted to my hospital? He's not a mutant…” Moira protested.
“Yes, but as you examine him…You might find something,” the officer said.
Moira peered over again and again at the body trying to find this mysterious element that made Mr. Aldreman a candidate for hospitalization. As she was examining him one night, she peered over his latest CAT scans. There she found the element.
“Oh my lord…his mind's been erased. He has no person. He's a host…” she thought.
Moira did even more studies and started to compile a report, ready to send it out to every research institute in the world. She even sent it to her trusted friend and colleague, Charles Xavier.
 
“Moira…I'm here…” the voice repeated.
 
“Storm, I can't even begin to explain it. Robert Aldreman's mind had been erased. An unknown mutant with telepathic powers erased his mind, thus creating a void allowing Charles' psyche to manifest in it,” Moira tried to explain.
“But I don't understand…a void?” Storm asked.
“There is speculation between Charles and myself before his death that Robert was a security guard at a prison facility holding mutant terrorists. An attack occurred, and Robert was severly injured. While he shows signs of slipping into a comatose, he became a host because his mind was erased and deleted. Thus a void was created,” Moira explained.
“But what telepath has that kind of power?” Storm asked.
“Up until five months ago, the only known telepaths with that kind of power were Charles and Jean Grey.”
“It couldn't of been Jean, she was thought dead when this attack happened…”
“Then there is another telepath who has powers equal to that of Jean Grey.”
“Oh great, we have another Phoenix to deal with. Have you been able to stabilize the Professor?”
“Not yet, the process went without a hitch as far as the fusing of Charles to Aldreman, but I am afraid we're not out of the woods yet. You better get over here as quickly as you can.”
Moira turned off her link to the mansion and went over to the new Charles Xavier. She looked into the eyes of Robert Aldreman, and saw Xavier.
“Oh my god Charles…is it you? Is it really you?”
“Yes Moira. It's me. It worked, I can't believe it actually worked.”
As Moira started to work on Charles' vitals, she heard a bang. She turned to look at the walls becoming weak and splitting.
“Rahne! You better get in here!” she yelled.
The walls separated and the blast threw Moira to the wall. She thought she saw a tall man with an enormous helmet attached to him. She then blacked out.