X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Men: Kitty and Illyanna ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty and Illyanna: A tale of Magik! Part Nine

        "Freeze Arrow!" the dark haired woman cried, her overly large breasts bouncing wildly within the confines of her leather bikini.

        Kitty quickly ducked and rolled, barely avoiding the icy bolt. Raising her hands a few chanted words sent a wave of explosive force at the other woman, throwing her backwards. "Would you just give it up?" Kitty growled, her brown hair falling in her eyes.

        "The great Naga the White Serpent," the woman threw her cape back over her shoulder, sending her breasts bouncing again and showing off what amounted to a leather thong, "along with her diminutive junior business partner never give up!"

        "Junior business partner?" the little redhead growled out. She shook her head then looked over at Illyanna, "I don't know how I got here, but Lina Inverse is not leaving without getting at least some treasure out of this!"

        "Indeed," Naga nodded, then broke into the most irritating laughter.

        'When I get my hand on the so-called mystic who opened up that portal, I'm so gonna kill him,' Kitty thought to herself irritably.

        Sadly, the fool in question had a pretty good sense of self preservation and had already ran away as fast as his feet could take him. All around them the honking of horns got louder, the snarled up traffic in the middle of Times Square getting even more impatient.

        "Freeze Arrow," Naga tried again, a arrow of ice zinging towards Kitty.

        "That's it," Kitty growled. Naga had used the spell enough times Kitty had developed a feel for how it worked, and she stopped the icebolt in midair. As Naga gaped at her in shock Kitty smiled a very unpleasant smile, "Freeze Arrow!"

        "You can't," Naga started to say as she turned around to run away, but the icebolt froze her where she stood.

        "Well, at least she stopped laughing," Lina sighed. She looked at the two sorceresses, "I think I'm going to have to get serious with you."

        Illyanna gestured, the soulsword flaming to life in her hands as the blonde said coldly, "If that's the way you want to play it, then let's go."

        "Heed me, oh spirits darker than dusk," Lina's voice took on an odd ring as she closed her eyes, "Red beyond crimson flow like blood, In the name of those fallen to dust." Around her scarlet energies flowed, growing in power, "I pray to the shadows, Mark ye these villains that bar our way, And to my small strength thine own ally, To deliver doom, folly repay." Her eyes popped open blood red, "Come judgment from the grave, Dragon Slave!"

        Illyanna grabbed at Kitty's hand as the power was released at them in a great wave, "We've got to get out of here!"

        "No," Kitty seemed to blaze golden, "if we don't contain this the people around us..."

        The two young women raised up their hands, the words flowing together as they spoke in unison. The fiery bolt faltered, the shining light binding and containing it until in a final wave of energy they both canceled each other out.

        The three stood on the battlefield, the pavement bent and twisted where the spells collided, but otherwise only limited property damage had occurred. "I'm impressed," Lina inverse managed tiredly. She grinned, "Let's see if you can do it again."

        "Wait just a minute!" Kitty bellowed, startling both of the young women. Lina looked at her curiously as Kitty added, "Even if you do manage to beat the two of us .."

        Illyanna jumped in, "Which isn't likely!"

        Kitty gave her a scolding look before continuing on, "how, exactly, are you going to get you and your friend back home?"

        Lina frowned to herself slightly before admitting, "I hadn't thought of it yet, but I'm sure I'll figure out something."

        "What Kitty's driving at," Illyanna leaned casually on the soulsword, "is that I can get both of you home fairly easily with my stepping disks."

        "And I get to go home with nothing?" Lina raised an eyebrow, the slim girl in red shirt and black pants looking at them with a slight smile.

        "Better that pressing on in a fight where you don't even know if you will get something out of it," Kitty pointed out, "instead, why not use the time and effort in your own world where you know you can make a profit?"

        "You must be the negotiator of your partnership," Lina looked at Kitty thoughtfully, She shrugged, "You've got a point, I guess."

        "This won't hurt a bit," Illyanna summoned the stepping disks before she could change her mind. It took only moments for Illyanna to return, a slight smile on her face.

        "Did you have any problems?" Kitty asked as she chanted softly, repairing the street and the minor damage all around them.

        "Nah," Illyanna grinned impishly, "once they saw the Limbo dimension Lina quieted down pretty fast." She looked a bit thoughtful, "The only strange thing was that she asked if I was L-sama, whatever that means."

        Kitty frowned slightly, "It almost sounds like something Stephen said..."

        "Should we look it up when we get home?" Illyanna said, a wave of her hand reminding Kitty that they were still standing in Times Square.

        "Oh, right," Kitty blushed.

        The stepping disks materialized underneath them, and they disappeared from the noise and confusion of the heart of New York City to reappear inside the Sanctum itself. 'It's odd,' Illyanna noted as they walked towards the library/workroom, 'how at home Kitty has become in the sanctum, easily adapting to her role.'

        "You know, I'm beginning to think you'd make a pretty good sorceress supreme," Illyanna noted with a gentle smile.

        Kitty made a face. "As long as I don't have to wear the funky outfits Dr. Strange does," she smiled, "I'll be happy."

        "Consideri ng some of the costumes you wore as Sprite," Illyanna smirked, "I think you have much room to talk."

        Kitty blushed, thinking of the glittery outfit with rollerblades she once wore. "Just blame it on youthful exuberance, or something," she shrugged.

        Illyanna reached out to push some brown hair back from Kitty's face, "You know, you're cute when you blush."

        "A few weeks ago," Kitty stopped them by one of the closed doors, "I'd probably be blushing even harder right about now."

        "You know I love you," Illyanna gently cupped that faintly red cheek, "but I'm willing to be patient, Kitty."

        Kitty raised her hand to cover up Illyanna's as she looked up at the beautiful blonde's eyes, "Maybe you don't need to be patient anymore." Taking Illyanna by surprise Kitty leaned forward, pressing her lips to the slightly taller blonde's.

        Illyanna savored the kiss for a few moments then pulled back gently. "What brought this on?" she asked Kitty softly.

        "I told you I needed some time to think," Kitty chuckled, "but it doesn't take me that long. I've always known I cared about you, I just had to figure out if I loved you."

        "And?" Illyanna smiled.

        "I think I've loved you for ages," Kitty shrugged, leaning forward to gently press their lips together once again.

To be continued..

Author's Note: Lina Inverse and Naga the White Serpent are both from the Slayers movies. The Dragon Slave Spell itself is taken from when Lina Inverse uses it in the first Slayers Movie. L-sama refers to the Lord of Nightmares, a powerful being whom Lina calls upon at times. Her mistaking Illyanna for him/her raises some questions about how powerful Illyanna might really be... Oh, about the Sprite costume: in the original comics Kitty was inspired by disco and wore rollerskates, I just updated it a bit with rollerblades.