X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Men: Kitty and Illyanna ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty and Illyanna: A tale of Magik! Part Eight

        Professor Charles Xavier had rather gotten used to seeing an astral form hanging just above his study's desk. Stephen Strange had often communicated with him using that method, as well as communicating with other telepath's that way. However, it was just a bit of a shock seeing Kitty's astral form floating there.

        "This is the first time I've tried projecting over this kind of distance," Kitty said with a slight smile, "can you hear me?"

        "Just fine," the Professor smiled.

        "Just wanted to let you know that Illyanna and I may not be able to get over to the school for a while," Kitty explained.

        "Is there a problem?" Charles asked with a raised eyebrow.

        "Dr. Strange had a problem he needed to deal with outside of our dimension," Kitty shrugged, "and he's sort of left Illyanna and me in charge."

        There was a long moment of silence.

        "What?" the Professor blinked. It took a moment for what she said to fully register, "Are you certain that you're ready?"

        "No," Kitty answered him frankly, "but the good doctor seems to think so." She shrugged, "If Illyanna and I call the X-Men for help, come running."

        "I rather doubt you'll need to," Charles smiled at her gently, "but we will be ready."

        Kitty began to fade out, "Thanks, Prof. Could you pass it along to Piotr that we won't be around for a bit..."

        Back at the Sanctum Kitty winced, her face going bone pale. "All right," Illyanna said to her firmly, "that's enough."

        "I didn't get to finish," Kitty rubbed at her temples, trying to ease the headache.

        "You've only done this a few times," Illyanna gently reminded her, "the sort of endurance the Doctor manages probably comes with practice." She gently helped pull Kitty up from where she was kneeling, "You want something to eat?"

        Kitty's stomach growled loudly. "First thing that the Doc taught us," she smiled at Illyanna wryly, "concervation of energy. We use energy for magic, we have to replace it."

        The two made their way into the spacious kitchen, and Illyana felt the domestic spirit's unspoken but crystal clear question. "Two bowls of chicken soup," she instructed it, "and three baloney sandwiches, please."

        The cupboards openned up, cans of chicken soup floating by even as the fridge opened up. Bread slices flew, meat, and a saucepan was placed above the flame. The soup was poured into the pan, and three sandwiches were quickly assembled onto a plate.

        "I never get over seeing that," Kitty murmured. She looked at Illyanna curiously and asked, "Why three sandwiches?"

        Illya nna shrugged, "One and a half each."

        "Makes sense," Kitty agreed as the meal was dished up on the little dining room table. They sat down to eat, quickly downing soup and sandwiches both. Munching on the last of the food Kitty smiled at Illyanna gently, "Thanks for taking such good care of me."

        The beautiful blonde blushed slightly, looking down shyly. "It's nothing, Pryde," Illyanna said to her softly in reply.

        "Oh, no," Kitty reached out to gently put her hand on Illyanna's, "it's certainly something."

        The two young women gazed across the table at each other, a bit of a blush touching their cheeks, when...

        Sh-splow!< br>
        Both women jerked as a spell hit the sanctum's outer defences. "Shit," Illyanna cursed, rising to her feet, "we'd better get to a window, see what we're dealing with."

        "Right," a bit of a blush still touched Kitty's cheeks. 'What was I just about to do?' she wondered as they raced to the outer wall of the stately building, feeling other spells harmlessly hitting the outer shields.

        "Well, well," Illyanna softly murmured when they finally got a good look at their fearsome attacker, "isn't that lame."

        The mystic, looking strangely like an Elvis impersonator with his rhinestone studded suit, big hair and all was trying to breech the outer gates without success. "C'mon out Dr, Strange," he yelled with a clear southern accent, "an' face the wrath of the King of magic, Spellvis!"

        Kitty and Illyanna exchanged a glance, then broke up laughing.

        "I can not believe this," Illyanna snickered, "you want me to go out and handle this?" She summoned her Soulsword, silvery fire dancing up the shining blade.

        Kitty squinted at him, raising her perceptions to assess his magic. "No can do," Kitty shook her head, "he's used his magic to enhance himself, somehow. If you use the Soulsword on him, you might just kill him."

        "And that's bad because.. ?" Illyanna asked her as the evil Elvis impersonator broke out into a bad rendition of 'Blue Suede Shoes.'

        Kitty winced at his off key singing. "Ok, it might be a service to humanity to remove him from the genepool," she admitted, "but that kind of thing is frowned upon in polite circles."

        "He's drawing a crowd," Illyanna sighed.

        Just outside, several of the predestrians had taken offence with Spellvis' terribly bad signing. Fighting them off he gestured, and turned a man into a toad.

        "Unoriginal, too," Kitty said dangerously. She puffed out a irritated breath, "Could you teleport us out there? I'll handle him."

        "No problem," Illyanna summoned up a stepping disk, and they were wisked outside.

        "Hey, hands off the suit," Spellvis loudly complained as another man struggled to try and silence the bad singing.

        "We are not telling Doctor Strange anything about fighting this lame- o when he gets back," Illyana muttered.

        "You got that right," Kitty sighed. "Hey, you! Spellvis!"

        "Love me, tender, luuve me true," Spellvis started to sing before seeing the women. He leered as Kitty walked towards him, "Would you like my autograph, missy?"

        Pow!
< br>         Kitty punched him right in the head. Spellvis gazed at her in honest shock for a moment, then his eyes rollup in his head as he fell backwards out cold. "Oww," Kitty shook her hand, "Logan makes that look so easy, too."

        "He's got unbreakable bones, remember?' Illyanna said, adding admiringly, "I didn't know you had it in you, Kitty."

        "The leer inspired me," Kitty said dryly. She walked over to where the toad was hopping about irritably, chanted a few words, and it reverted to normal. Then Kitty held her hands over Spellvis and spoke a few different words.

        "You sealed off his magic," Illyanna said admiringly.

        "I'm pretty sure someone in the neighborhood phoned in a noise complaint," Kitty shrugged, "so we'll let the police handle him."

        "Nice," Illyanna grinned.

        The two of them walked into the sanctum together as Kitty plaintively asked Illyanna, "So what's for dinner?"

        "Kitty!"< br>
To be continued...

Authors Note: Spellvis is not my creation, by the way. He first appeared in stories by Fred Perry, the writer artist of Gold Digger and Legacy.