Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses ❯ Soda ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"So what are you doing now?"

"Can I do that?"

"I'm bored!"

"Are you sure you don't see any Gnosis?"

"NO!" Mary shouted. "I mean, no I don't think there are any Gnosis in the area, Chibi-sama. So please be patient and just allow the bridge staff to do their work, please?"

"Sorry Mary, I'm just bored."

"So you've said," responded Shelley dryly. "About a dozen times already."

Gaignun sighed. URTVs had a higher tolerance to many things, such as pain, UDO and drugs. Something mild, like caffeine had almost no effect on them (which made getting up Monday morning a pain, but that's another story entirely). But given enough and in conjunction with just the right chemicals (sugar for example), and the URTVs displayed some unusual side-effects. All that and a simple soda was why Junior wasn't being his usual calm and collected self and was instead all but bouncing off the walls of the bridge of the Durindal.

Correction, Junior was literally bouncing off the walls now. Sometime during Gaignun's little brown study he had managed to turn off the artificial gravity. The Director of the Kukai Foundation wondered how he could have been in the air, floating for several minutes without noticing. He was lucky he hadn't drifted too far; he was still in arm's-length and pulled himself back in.

As he buckled his safety straps, he watched Junior annoy the many 100-series who were trying to turn the artificial gravity back on. Every time one of them got close, Junior rebounded back into the area, scaring her off. Finally, Gaignun reached out a hand and snagged the back of his older/younger brother's shirt. He turned the red-headed boy around and kissed him.

Peace and quiet reigned.

For about two minutes. Then a smirk replaced the shocked look on Junior's face and he started racing around, annoying everyone with his hyperactivity again.

Gaignun sighed again. "This is the last time anyone ever gives Junior Jolt to drink."