Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses ❯ Comprehension ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Hey, you know, I don't think," said Junior staring into the whiskey tumbler. "I ever understood Albedo.

"So many things I never knew about him. So many secrets.

"Sakura . . . I knew he didn't like her. But I never realized how much he hated her.

"In the-the anomaly . . . he kept hitting her over and over again. Like he wanted to kill her with his bare hands. And what he said, 'I'm glad she's dead! She was always flirting with you! Now there's no one left to seduce you.' He sounded like a jealous lover!"

Slowly, Junior's head slipped forward. Throughout the evening his voice had steadily gotten softer and his words more slurred. He knew it was only a matter of time before his older brother fell asleep.

"Gaignun," the red head whispered. "Do you understand any of this? Do you understand him at all?"

"Yes"

"I'm glad. I never did." With that, the boy's head fell forward and he dropped into sleep.

"Of course I understand him." Gaignun put away the bottle of whiskey and the tumbler, then carefully lifted his older brother. He tucked him into bed and kissed his forehead. "I hated her too."