Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses ❯ Calligraphy ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Why am I the one stuck doing all the paperwork?" To be fair, Gaignun wasn't actually doing any work at all at the moment. Instead, he was seated at his desk, with a cup of green tea and a donut, flipping through one of his older brother's journals that he had borrowed (read: stolen) from the red-head's room. Beside the Kaiser was a large stack of paperwork that needed to be done, but was set aside in favor of reading about his brother's last trip to Second Miltia.

"We should make blown-up copies of these and sell them as artwork." Rather than actually reading, he was instead examining the actual chirography. Each word was perfectly slanted on the line and all were .25 cm apart, as if aligned by a ruler. Every line was elegantly tapered and every dot, jot or tittle was a charming accent. The loops were elaborate curlicues. Even the quick dashes had style- he didn't think you could put style into a dash! "Really, it makes my signature look like chicken scratches! I don't know how he does-"

"How who does what?" Gaignun quickly shoved the worn journal into a desk drawer and grabbed a sheet off the stack beside him. "And aren't you supposed to be working?"

"I was just getting started."

Blue eyes narrowed at the half-eaten donut. "Rrriiiggghhhttt . . . "

"Anyway, how was your trip?"

The shorter male shrugged. "Typical. Boring. One good thing about being stuck in this form; Mary and Shelley don't ask me to carry all their shopping bags. But I still have to sit through the hours of fittings and offer my opinions; you know what a minefield that is."

Gaignun chuckled. "Well, you could have stayed here and done some of the paperwork instead."

"Naah. If I did that, what would I need you for?" Junior slipped around the desk and climbed into his younger brother's lap. "So, did you miss me?"

"It's only been a few hours. But you did leave me with all the paperwork."

"So I should make it up to you then." And he leaned forward.


Later that night


"Now I remember why I do the paperwork," he whispered, while his older brother traced sleepy lines on his bare back.



OMAKE:

"Gaignun, why is the safe in my room open?"

"Err . . . "

"And why are some of my journals missing?"

"Well, you see . . . "

(ominous sound of gun being cocked)

"I'vegotameetingtogotocatchyoulaterNiisan!"

(soun d of door slamming)

"Hmph!"