Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ Under The Peach Tree ❯ Entry 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is a Xenosaga alternate universe fanfiction so anything can go. In this one, they're all the same age except for Nigredo… As for the pairing, it just came into my head one day (and wouldn't go away) so I decided to write some ideas donw…Oh yea, this is all done in MOMO (I'm going to type it like this: Momo). Enjoy the fic!
 
Summary: They're all in high school about to graduate…Everything seems to be going fine but what would you do if your love for someone was unrequited or you have been ditched for someone else? Read this story to find out how two lonely souls came together…
 
Under The Peach Tree
 
Present Day:
 
It's been four years since I've last opened this book of mine, the place where I used to write all my secret confessions down. I guess I didn't really need to now since I have someone to talk to. This isn't going to be one of my usual entries about my emotions but it going to be about my last year at high school where everything changed...
 
This was the year when my secret `love' or crush, found out about my feelings and broke my heart...The year, where my heart was broken but mended by the most unlikely person... - sigh - I'm getting mushy here right now, aren't I? Sorry about that, but that's the way I am sometimes. This is my story of the year that changed my life (well in my point of view) so here goes...
 
-S-
 
Hmm, before I actually start this story, I guess I should make the introductions...By the way, I'm Momo Mizrahi and I have a twin sister, Sakura, we pretty much look alike expect for the fact I have pink hair and golden eyes while she has brown hair and green eyes...It's little hard to have a twin since we have the same friends and evidently fall for the same guy but I'll get into that later...
 
What can I say about Sakura? She was always the favourite between the two of us, even though we're twins... We both have very different personalities, I've more of a girly while she's the tomboy...Not that she wasn't pretty or anything...But when push comes to shove, she would always win. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my sister, I guess I was kind of jealous of all the attention she received.
 
Now for the three brothers...Rubedo, Albedo and Nigredo, Rubedo and Albedo are twins while Nigredo is a year younger then them. Anyone who would see them walking down the street would probably think they're triplets since they all look alike except for their colouring. Rubedo is a tough guy or he tries to be because deep down I know he's a big softie...Albedo is more sarcastic and metaphorical, trying to hide his inner pain...Nigredo is the calm one although he's youngest of his brothers, he was more mature except for the fact he has had two girlfriends at the same time, Mary and Shelley. They both knew about it but they didn't seem to care...But I think Nigredo liked Shelley a little more, just a hunch I got...
 
Sakura and I met Rubedo and Albedo in kindergarten...It was quite an interesting year and I bet the teacher couldn't wait for the school year to end...Back then things used to be so simple since we just little children and didn't really care for much...
 
4 Years Ago...
 
The last year of school had started and we were still good friends...I had just realized that I was in love with Rubedo or so I thought at the time. I wanted to tell him; hopefully he would return my feelings. Being totally oblivious I didn't realize that he and my sister were getting closer, I was too caught up in my own feelings, dreaming of a fairy tale world where we were together and everything was well...
 
So one day I decided to tell him how I felt, all I had to do was find him...Nigredo was out with the two sisters, Sakura went to the cafeteria to get something to eat while Albedo...Well I don't really know, I've noticed in the last couple of years, that he was become more and more withdrawn from everyone especially Rubedo. I don't know the whole story but when he would look at me, he would shake his head and walk away...He knew something, something that I should have known...The fool I was then...
 
I looked everywhere for Rubedo, all his usual places he went to eat at during lunch...Thinking he was outside, I look around until I saw him sitting at a tree but I didn't see my sister with him...I was quite surprised when I saw him and my sister wrapped in tight embrace, pulling away from a kiss.
 
My sister froze when she saw me; I could feel the tears prickling down my face, but when Rubedo turned to look at me...Oh those blue eyes, they told me everything he was feeling but his face showed surprise. As the tears fell down my face, I shook my head...I turned around and ran only to be stopped and twirled around to see the person, who broke my heart...
 
“Rubedo...”I said bowing my head, the tears still falling. I sniffled but he made no move to hug me or comfort me, I knew he wouldn't, he didn't love me.
 
“I love her,” he said suddenly...I knew it, I knew it...But I had to know for how long, how long this relationship was kept a secret from me.
 
“For how long...?”I said softly. My heart just hurts right now; I need to get away...
 
“For about a year or so but we decided to keep it a secret...I'm sorry, Momo,” he answered as if it would make me feel so much better...A year? How could I not notice? Am I that blind? That naive?...I wish they could of told me before, maybe then I wouldn't had fallen for him...Prevented myself from falling... “Momo?”
 
I look about, my eyes are probably red and puffy from crying but I don't care... “Yeah?”
 
“Are you going to be okay?” he asked, sounding worried, like he cared. Of course, I'm not okay...
 
I turn around, my back facing him and I laugh despite myself, “I'm fine, I just need to be alone for a while...To think...”
 
“Okay, well I'll talk to you later then,” he walked away, back to Sakura, I knew it...Without even turning around, I knew. We used to be such good friends until about a year, we barely even see each other outside school but I guess being with Sakura explains some of it...Last year, if I was upset and lied about it, he would know and confront me about it. But now...he's just so distant...
 
I started to walk, I didn't care that school wasn't over yet or where I was going for the matter. And before I knew it, I was at the park, sitting on a bench...I bowed my head down, more tears are threatening to fall...But I need to ask myself...Did I really love him? Did I? Or was it a childish crush I had on him?
 
I don't know about that but I know, I need time to heal, I need someone or something to confess my feelings to, I don't care who...Heck, I would probably confess to my mail man...I yawned and closed my eyes, I decided to get some shut eye in the middle of the park, little did I know that I had a pair of violet eyes on me...
 
-S-
 
I don't know how long I slept for but I must have curled up in a little ball on the bench because when I woke up, I saw Albedo sitting at the other end of the bench. I was surprised, we were friends but we rarely talked since I rarely ever saw him during the breaks in-between classes.
 
“Albedo?” I asked quietly, “What are you doing here? Isn't school still going on?”
 
He smirked and brushed some hair out of his face, unlike his brothers, who get their hair cut so its somewhat, how shall I say it, neat or tame looking, but he grew his hair out a little bit. “I should be asking you that, peche...Besides school ended an hour ago.”
 
Peche? I don't know either but he's called me that ever since I could remember, it's kind of like a nick name or pet name of sorts. I never bothered to ask. “Oh...”It didn't really matter, since I didn't want to be at school at the moment.
 
“I take it you found out about Rubedo and Sakura...”he said without a smirk this time, “It hurts doesn't it?”
 
I nod unable to answer at the moment, it hurts, that I was heartbroken...lied too...and being pushed away by Rubedo and my sister, Sakura...But then it hit me...How did it hurt for him? Unless... “How...How does it hurt for you?”
 
He smiled sadly and looked away for a moment, “We're so different him and I...We started growing apart slowly, I suppose his relationship with Sakura only served to sever the bonds between us.”
 
I nodded; it was like that with Sakura and I...I guess Albedo and me are alike that way. I look up to see him standing in front of me, offering his hand out to me.
 
I raised an eyebrow and he said, “You're still a little groggy, let me do the honors of walking you home.”
 
I giggled despite myself and took his hand; letting him help me up and we began walking. What I didn't know at the time was... That everything was going to change...
 
-S-
 
Months upon months have passed and some things have happened. Albedo and I talked a lot more then we used to and now we are considered to be `buddies'. I rarely see Rubedo and Sakura but when I do, they would give me sympathetic looks...They never talk to me unless they had to, I know why...
 
They feel uncomfortable around me, although, shouldn't I be the one uncomfortable. I mean...the way I found out about them or maybe...Maybe it was because of my friendship with Albedo?...What happened to us? Didn't we all used to be friends? I miss being a little kid...
 
I remember a conversation I had with Sakura, a month after I found out. To me, it was very awkward but I don't know about her. I can't read minds, remember? I'm only human...I was sitting at the dinning room table, doing some homework when my sister sat down next to me, I didn't bother to look up at her.
 
“Momo?” she said, placing her hand on my shoulder but only for a moment.
 
“What?”
 
“I'm sorry about how you found about Rubedo and I...and also that we kept it a secret from you all this time,”Sakura said, I didn't know if I should believe her, I mean she has lied to me before. Believe it or not, I had to nothing to say again, so she continued. “Do you love him? I mean Rubedo?”
 
“A little now...”I muttered...Did I still love him? Probably but I'm slowly getting over him. He may have been my first love but I know now he's not my true love. I'll love someone again but only when I'm ready...Right now, I'm not.
 
“I didn't know, sorry again,” she said. Of course she wouldn't know about my feelings, she barely even knows me anymore. I don't know if we'll ever be able to be the sisters we once were such a long time ago. “Umm...Momo? I've seen you hang around with Albedo a lot...That isn't a good idea.”
 
“Why? What's so bad about him?”I snap back which is so unlike myself, I just don't like being questioned by her.
 
“I...” How would she know? I wonder... "It just isn't okay!” Shaking my head, I stand up and pick up my homework and walk away. I don't have the mental strength right now to argue with her. I would only end up yelling and then she would get me in trouble some how.
 
-S-
 
More months seemed to pass by like the sand being blown away by the winds, before I knew it we graduated... The situation between us all has gotten worse...What I mean by that is, Sakura and Rubedo seemed to be more distant towards Albedo and I...Although Rubedo does try to spend more time with us while Sakura seems to have to given up...Or maybe because she's sick?
 
I know what you're thinking…How can I not know she's sick? Well, its because, our parents are separated and when our father moved out, he took her with him; leaving me with our mother…Anyway, Sakura hasn't been to school for a while and she didn't come to graduation...
 
You most probably be wondering about Nigredo, he moved away with his father...Oh yes, I most of forgotten to mention that their parent's are also divorced. It crushed all of them that their father took only Nigredo with him...We hear about him from Shelley from time to time. Shelley?...Nigredo apparently broke it up with Mary and decided to stay with Shelley. It didn't look like it bothered Mary to much since she got together with Tony a few weeks later...
 
-S-
 
She died...Sakura died...It was so sudden, she looked so peaceful lying there... I can only guess she died in her sleep, I didn't even get to say good bye...But the person must affected by her death was Rubedo since Albedo didn't seem to care...It surprised me one day when I sitting at home and all a sudden, I get a call from a distressed Rubedo.
 
He came over to my house and we talked....It was like we were friends again but I'll never love him, like a lover would, again...I'll just love him like a brother, he didn't seem to mind because I don't think he'll ever get over Sakura...Besides I think I'm love with someone already...I know, I know but I swear I won't get hurt this time...
 
Although I have to say Albedo wasn't too happy when he found out that I talked to Rubedo a lot. Maybe he has feelings for me, too...Too? Yes, take a hint...I was walking down a dark street when I was pulled against the wall of an alley. At first I was frightened but then I saw his eyes and I was fine...I could tell he was upset and I had a feeling why that was...
 
He had his hands on either side of my head, resting on the brick wall of the building. His face was so close to mine, I blushed but I doubt he could tell since it was dark with only the full moon and lamp posts served as lighting. He gets like this sometimes, really upset... But he calms down after awhile.
 
“Peche...What were you doing with Rubedo?” he whispered, jealously and anger towards his brother gleaming in his eyes.
 
“He needed someone to talk to...” I answered back, “He seemed so broken...”
 
“I see...”he muttered bowing his head down.
 
“Albedo...”I whispered, “It was nothing like that, I won't fall for him again, I- “
 
He placed his hands on my cheeks, a smirk made its way across his lips, oh he knew... “Why is that? Do you love someone else?”
 
My blush got even deeper and I placed my hands on his shoulders timidly, “Yes...”
 
His face neared mine and I could feel his breath on my face, I can believe this is happening... “And who would that be?” he paused, his lips were so close to mine, “Me?”
 
I could barely speak, “Uh huh...”
 
And then he kissed me...
 
Present Day...
 
Well that's my story on how I met my love...By the way, we're still together. And Rubedo? Well, that's another story...