Xiaolin Showdown Fan Fiction ❯ Spade ❯ Spade ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Spade
by GothicPrincessTomoe

Disclaimer: I don't own XS or "Spade" by Marilyn Manson, un!

Rating: T

Summary: She took his love and left him with nothing. Now she waits for him to come turn his spade back to a heart...
Pairing obvious. Alternate universe. Possible OOC. Oneshot.

SPADE

It was midnight, on the night of a golden full moon. A woman sat on the rooftop of an old abandoned building, looking down on the traffic running below her. This is where she would come sometimes, to think. No one seemed to notice or care that she was up here. But then again, it wasn't like she was standing on the edge shouting death threats.

The beauty spot was borrowed
Now my sweet knife rusts tomorrow
I'm a confession that is waiting to be heard

Burn your empty rain down on me
Whisper your death beats so softly
We bend our knees to the altar of my ego

She remembered the events of the past two days. She'd basically hooked up with this very attractive man, and stayed with him for three weeks or so. Then she abruptedly ended the relationship, and left him behind. That was the way most of her relationships started and stopped; she normally didn't want to stay in one for too long. She didn't usually regret doing this, but now, in the light of the moon, she did. Something tugged on her heart everytime she thought of the man. It was something she'd never felt before.

You drained my heart, and made a spade
But there's still traces of me in your veins
You drained my heart, and made a spade
But there's still traces of me in your veins

All my lilies' mouths are open, like to begging for dope and hoping
their little petal chant "We can't kick, you won't be back"

I'm a diamond that is tired of all the faces I've acquired
We secure the shadow ere, the substance fades

She gasped. Someone was climbing up the fire escape. She clutched the mace she kept inside her pocket, ready to strike if whoever-or whatever-was climbing up the stairs tried to attack her. The metal shaking of the fire escape stopped and a voice called her name. "Wuya."

She turned around, shocked at the sight. "C-Chase?" Her teeth chattered in the chilly October wind. Her demeanor quickly switched from shocked to stern. "I told you it was over. What do you want?"

And we said till we die
And we said till we die

You drained my heart, and made a spade
But there's still traces of me in your veins
You drained my heart, and made a spade
But there's still traces of me in your veins

"I knew you'd be up here..." he spoke softly as he approached her. Wuya grasped the mace, ready to spray it in his face. However, it slipped from her hand, and fell down to the street below, where she heard the bottle clink at it struck the concrete. "Shit," she gritted through her teeth.

He pulled her close, like a vampire would his next meal, dragging her to the edge of the building. Seductively, he whispered in to ear,

"You drained my heart and made a spade..."

At that moment, Wuya's foot slipped on the edge, and she fell backward. Chase tried desperately to save her, but she clung to him so tightly to save herself that she spelled doom for both of them. The two slipped and plummited to the streets below.

And we said till we die
And we said till we die

OWARI