Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Stolen Memories ❯ Stolen Memories ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Stolen Memories

Hello, I am CuteGurl and well… this isn't my first fanfiction… but I deleted the other one Because it wasn't all that great and I hope this one is better then the last. It's a cross over between Yami no Matsuei and X/1999. It is set around 2 years after what happened in X/1999 and sometime before the end of Yami no Matsuei .Now on with the story!!! ^^

Kamui: Aren't you forgetting something?

Demo(but)… I don't wanna say it!!! Can you do the disclaimer for me? T.T

Kamui: No.

Please!(begging all the while attempting to do puppy eyes but failing miserably.)

Kamui:(looking embarrassed at CuteGurl's behaviour) Fine!!!! CuteGurl dose not own x/1999 nor dose she own Yami no Matsuei (Thank God for small miracles!!!)

I heard that!(pouts)Anyways on with the story!!!

Oh and the warning: mild shounenaiand character death and well… that's pretty much it


ENMASHO OFFICE

"Now Tsuzuki-san, Kurosaki-kun, this next mission is very different from previous missions you've had." said Tatsumi Seiichirou the secretary of Kanoe-kacho the boss of the shinegamis.

"How's it different? " Hisoka inquired.

"Well for one thing, it has nothing to do with Muraki and it doesn't affect humans. You see, you have to help a fellow shinegami get his memory back," Tatsumi answered.

"How are we supposed to do that? Do we know the person you're talking about?," Tsuzuki asked.

"Well, no… but we do know one thing about him it's that he lived in Tôkyô. So all you have to do is go around Tôkyô and look for things that are familiar to him. That's what Watari told me,' Tatsumi told the two shinegamis

"How did you find out he lived in Tôkyô?" Hisoka wondered getting suspicious of the stranger.

"Well, Kurosaki-kun you may not know this but only souls from around Japan can come to this part of Meifu. The Americans , Canadians, Spanish and etc. have there own little `section' of Meifu in their own part of the world. That way they don't get lost trying to get here.* Anyway, Tôkyô is the only place where there have been a number of unnatural deaths in the last few months at least compared to other places in Japan, " Tatsumi answered

"Oh," was all he got in reply.

"So, Tatsumi-kun when are we going to meet this mystery shinegami?" asked Tsuzuki.

"In a few minutes… here he is, come in," Tatsumi called out to the person right outside the office.

The nameless person had unusual eyes one milky brown and one jade green and dark haired. He came in solemn and dressed all in black. He was followed by Watari who had showed him the way.

" There you are. You're just in time I was briefing them on the… case," Tatsumi announced

"Great. There's just one thing I wanted to tell you. This is no ordinary amnesia. It's, as silly as it is to say, `magical' so who ever wanted him to forget was well versed in magical rituals and was powerful enough that even my memory potions didn't work. Although … I think that if ever he saw something familiar it might jolt his memory," Watari warned the two.

"Okay Watari-kun. Anything else we should know?" Tsuzuki asked.

"No… I don't think so…"Watari shrugged.

"Hum… I was wondering what do we call you?" Tsuzuki asked the stranger that was listening uncomfortably at what they were saying.

"I don't know… call me… Seishirou…"the stranger named `Seishirou' answered.

"Where did you get the name?" asked Hisoka not all to sure if he could be trusted.

The stranger frowned, "I don't know… I just don't know…"

"Don't worry about it I'm sure it's just your subconscious telling you little things that you knew. So maybe you knew a Seishirou or maybe your name really is Seishirou!" Watari exclaimed.


Seishirou still frowning nodded. He somehow didn't think that was right but what other name could he use? He didn't know any other. It was so confusing. Hopefully Watari was right and he would find his memory when he went to Tôkyô.

TÃ"KYÃ" TOWER

Tôkyô the land of his many nightmares… He wasn't sure how he could stand living there… But he did… Not like he had a choice with his decision came grave consequences. None of which he could stop. Not that he would if he had the chance. He was not happy about what he did but he knew it had made someone else happy and he was content with that. Even if it made one more death on his already guilty conscious. He believed that sometime, especially when it came to the special people in life you had to make sacrifices no matter the cost. But it did hurt to know that because of him, he was dead. Well, all that was in the past… he did have to move on… the tree didn't leave him much of a choice

Sigh "Well, I`d better be off after all I don't have the night," sigh the young man who seemed no older then seventeen and yet had eyes who seemed to have seen things that certainly no teenager or even adult should ever have beard eyes on.

`Now, now,' whispered the knowing voice inside the man's head, 'You really have as long as you want to do as you were asked.'

"Yes, well I'd rather, finish right away… You know why," was the reply.

`Yes… I do… you know back when the Sakurazuka's were my caretakers they were much better at forgetting about the past then you are, but I suppose I have to make do with what I have and there is no doubt that you are a very powerful Sakurazukamori!,' said the voice

"But… I'll remind you that I'm not him, anyway, I'd better get going," the young man whispered back. Then with a fury of sakura petals disappeared as though he had never been there in the first place.


RESTAURANT IN TÃ"KYÃ"

"Mm-mm-mm! Aren't these pies great Seishirou-san, Hisoka-kun?" commented inu-Tsuzuki

Both Seishirou and Hisoka who had barely eaten anything said nothing whilst they watch Tsuzuki stuff himself full.

"Why aren't you eating? Those pies are really good," exclaimed Tsuzuki between bites.

"Just because we prefer to not stuff ourselves Tsuzuki no baka doesn't mean that we aren't eating," was Hisoka's reply.

"Hidoi!" still inu Tsuzuki cried out.

Seishirou who had been watching in silence could not help but chuckle at their attics. It had been a week since they arrived and still no sign of his memories only seemingly familiar fragments of things he truly did not remember. Sometimes, Seishirou just felt like giving up, what was the use of trying when it didn't seem to help? But he had to try if only for the sake of the two shinegamis that had postponed their vacation on his account.

"Well, there seems to be nothing familiar here, why don't we go to Ikeburo, I heard there was a GREAT Ice cream place there! Also there's a really nice park near there maybe, you'll find some of your memories don't you think?" Tsuzuki questioned having finished his two apple pies.


He didn't know what was waiting for him at the park and maybe even at the Ice cream shop but somehow he felt that it was familiar… he would find out soon enough…

UENOPARK

When they arrived in Ueno Park Seishirou knew he had already been there. It seemed he knew every detail of the park. Although he did not remember how he knew of this place he did know and he could not help but feel sad. Seishirou felt that a great tragedy had occurred here and that somehow he had played part in it. He wished he could understand.

"Seishirou-san any memories coming back? " asked Tsuzuki taking Seishirou out of his reverie.

"No but… I feel like this place is familiar…" murmured Seishirou.

"Familiar how?" asked Hisoka intrigued.

"I feel as if I've been here before and as if a something happened to me here…

What I don't know though," was the vague answer Seishirou gave and as if his subconscious was dictating him he started walking towards the furthest part of the park. There stood a majestic Sakura Tree who unlike other Sakura trees in the park was flowered with pinkish blossoms rather then white. "How come I feel I've been here before?" Seishirou asked himself.

`You feel you've been here before because you have,' grinned a voice.

"Who's there" Seishirou demanded to know.

`Just me, the… Sakura Tree… or have you forgotten?' inquired the intrigued Sakura tree?

"What? That's impossible Trees can't speak! Show yourself whoever you are! " Seishirou exclaimed.

`My, my you really have forgotten! I'm sure my new Sakurazukamori would find it

quite amusing to find out or maybe he would find it seemingly fair at any rate you will meet him soon for he is approaching he felt your `aura' and that of your friends near me,' the Tree seemingly content with the way things were turning out announced.

Hisoka and Tsuzuki who had arrived minutes before were utterly confused as to what was going on. They had not heard the Sakura Tree, but Hisoka definitely felt it's evil for he said," There's someone here! Someone evil. Near the sakura!"

"No, it's the sakura itself that is your `evil'," whispered an unknown voice.

"Who's there?" Hisoka demanded to know.

"I am," was the reply that came and suddenly out of the shadows came a boy that seem a year older then Hisoka (physically) the remarkable thing about him was that he looked very similar to Tsuzuki if only a bit younger then said person, for he had violet and deep raven hair. The only other differences (age already accounted for) was that the person seemed infinitely more feminine and also infinitely more cold then Tsuzuki

"Who are you?" harshly grunted Hisoka

"I am the Sakurazukamori," was all the stranger replied for he seemed far more interested in the person standing the closest to `his' tree. Seishirou.

"Who are you?" the Sakurazukamori lisped.

With a sad glance he said," I don't know."

"Subaru… it can't be you… I… no! You're dead! How can you be alive?" the stunned Sakurazukamori said in disbelieve.

"I don't know this Subaru… I am dead but… a memory spell keeps me from remembering who I am if you can help me please, I beg of you for help, if I really am Subaru that is… " pleaded Seishirou who might truly be Subaru…

"I am sorry Subaru but I will not help you. That my spell actually worked is a miracle I would be thankful for everyday if I were in your position. I myself wish I could forget but … as I said I am the Sakurazukamori and I cannot forget no matter how much I wish I could," sorrowfully replied the Sakurazukamori before he disappeared in a fury of pink petals.

"Sakurazukamori… Kamui… come back!" cried Subaru as he rushed to where the Sakurazukamori, Kamui, had been standing.

"Who's Kamui? The Sakurazukamori…? and how did you know that?" asked Hisoka still unsure as to what was going on with Seishirou…no… Subaru.

"I am so sorry I don't know. It seems that whenever I remember something I just as soon forget it! I don't understand what's going on! I wish he would help me…"Subaru cried.

`Well, I cannot tell you any of the things I know, Kamui would starve me if I did but I can tell you how to find him…'the cunning Tree said.

"How?" demanded to know Subaru.

`Just have someone meet Segawa Keiichi , he gose to Clamp High School by the way. Keiichi will bring you right to Kamui. They are friends after all,' the Tree answered.

"Thanks, I am grateful that you helped me but why?' questioned Subaru.

` Because I feel like it,' and with that the conversation was over.

"So hum… what did the tree say" inquired Tsuzuki.

"He told me how to find Kamui, all we have to do is befriend a certain person named Segawa Keiichi and well he should bring us to Kamui," Subaru explained.

"How do we do that find this Segawa Keiichi I mean it's not as if we even know what he looks like!" Hisoka reminded them.

"Well, I know he gose to Clamp High School if someone could go in his class and befriend him we'll he'd bring us to Kamui," Subaru answered.

Sigh "Well, I can go," Hisoka sigh. He knew he wasn't going to like it…


CLAMPHIGHSCHOOL

It was Hisoka's first day on the campus and already he knew he would not like it. The uniform they had to wear was in his opinion ugly. Although his opinion was probably only due to the fact that he actually had to wear it. The uniform consisted of a white dress shirt, blue dress pants and a tie with the school emblem. At any rate he said he would do it and he would no matter how painful it would be. Anyways it would only be as long as it took to find Segawa Keiichi which hopefully, for Hisoka's sake, would not take to long. Here he was at homeroom 203.

"Come in, come in, Kurosaki-san,' beckoned the teacher, Asahi-sensei.

Hisoka said nothing as he entered. The class which had been silent before he entered went wild. At least the girls went wild… Asking him questions like, what's your favourite colour and will you date me, to which Hisoka said nothing. A glare was all he needed to do for them to be quiet except for one person a blond haired boy with blue(Dose he have blue eyes I'm not sure?) eyes. He grinned," Konnichi wa (Hi) I am Segawa Keiichi but you can call me Keiichi."

"Konnichi wa. Kurosaki Hisoka Hajime majete" Replied Hisoka with a bow. Well, I can't tell you how relieved Hisoka was. But he was relieved enough. Anyways, the day thanks to this went pretty quickly the only thing Hisoka deemed a problem was that Keiichi was entirely TOO genki!!! But as he would probably not have to frequent this school much longer he could endure it a bit if at all. He felt like it was a Tsuzuki only x times genkier and , in his opinion, more annoying.

Anyway, the end of the day came and with that Hisoka hoped to get away from the all too genki Keiichi. But Keiichi said, "Hisoka, I know someone you'd get along with really well, I'm going to met him at a coffee shop do you want to come?"

"What's your friends name? " Hisoka asked pretending to be interested although really waiting for his exit line.

"Oh, you wouldn't know him. At least not yet. But his name is Shirou Kamui," Keiichi answered, "So how about it? You are coming right?"

With a sigh Hisoka said, "Sure."


KISSATEN (Coffeeshop)

Hisoka and Keiichi only had to enter the shop to see that Kamui was already there and as Keiichi greeted Kamui Hisoka said nothing, " Konnichi wa Kamui-kun!!! You, know I really don't know how you can get such a good job that pays so well, and quit school at the age of seventeen! How did you do it Kamui-kun?"

"Konnichi wa Keiichi and the answer to your question stays the same it's my secret. Anyway, if I told you I'd have to kill you," was Kamui's reply.

"Okay, okay, I get the point… but you are sssssssssooooooo luck! I'm jealous. Oh! By the way I want you to meet my new friend, he's new in my class, Kurosaki Hisoka, and Hisoka-san here is my friend Shirou Kamui," Keiichi presented.

"I think we have met before have we not Hisoka -san?" Kamui smirked as Hisoka shivered.

"I do believe we have. I needed to speak to you. It is quite a coincidence that we should meet again. Although we were present with different names," Hisoka said.

"Yes, well, as soon as I'm done with Keiichi we can have a chat," was what he said before he turned and started a new conversation with Keiichi very well ignoring the other blonde haired teen.

An hour later as Hisoka was about to leave thoroughly bored and tired of waiting, (Not that Keiichi hadn't tried to make him come into the conversation. Only it did not really interest him. Not that it seem to interest Kamui very much either, But it seemed that Kamui was a lot more polite.) Kamui stood up to leave as well, "why don't we go to the park: Hisoka-san we can discuss things better there," Kamui suggested.

Sigh "Well, okay…" and with that the two angst bishonens left heading towards the park.


UENO PARK

"So, Hisoka-san what exactly did you want? "asked Kamui when they had seated down on a bench a few feet away from the Sakura tree.

"I want to know why, you won't help Subaru?" Hisoka replied.

"Oh! That's easy enough to answer, I won't help him because it's a blessing that he has forgotten," Kamui replied.

"What's so terrible you can decide for him weather he can or not remember," Hisoka demanded to know.

"You know there was always an irony about the two of us. We didn't look alike but… the way our lives turned out is almost exactly the same. Only of course he took it a step farther but… I was always a step behind him anyways," Kamui said.

"That doesn't really answer my question though," Hisoka commented.

"Oh, I am not sure you'll want to remember what I have to say after I've said it, but I should say it if only to make you regret ever having looked for me," Kamui said pondering over what to do and say.

"Just tell me and get it over with. I need to know," Hisoka said.

"Well, if you insist" Kamui answered and with that he told Hisoka the sad story that was Subaru's life.

"So how did you become the Sak…. You killed Subaru! Why?" Hisoka frowned. He didn't understand how Kamui who had said they were friends could have killed him.

"I killed him because I loved him. I loved him enough to kill him, and because that was what Subaru wanted, to be with Seishirou and his twin again," answered Kamui sadly as if he saw the scene in his mind.

"I don't think you're supposed to kill the one you love," commented Hisoka perturbed by what Kamui had told him.

"Oh… Sigh you just don't understand. Sometimes guilt is too much, is so much that you just want to die because you know you don't deserve to live but suicide is just to easy a way to get out. So I provided the easiest way out. I killed him because, he couldn't kill himself and because I loved him enough to accept what it meant to kill him anyways, I have my own guilty sins to account for, it didn't wash them, and it certainly didn't ease my conscious but I feel being the Sakurazukamori helps. I need to forget the past… so please leave with Subaru back to where ever you came from and …. Forget about his memories. If he remembered, not only would he feel guilty about all the past things he did but he would feel guilty about the life he left me in. Not that I haven't gotten used to it…so, just leave please. Let me live my life as `peacefully' as I can…."Kamui trailed off pleadingly.


HOTEL

"Tsuzuki, Subaru I think… we should go back to Enmasho," suggested Hisoka when he returned to the hotel he and the other two shinegamis were staying.

"Why? Was Clamp High School THAT terrible?" asked Tsuzuki curious.

"Oh, no it's not that… it's… well… Subaru isn't really getting his memories back and well who says Keiichi will bring us to Kamui… I think, you should just wait till your memories return if they do…and maybe… if you forgot then it was for a good reason don't you think?" lied Hisoka if only a little bit.

"You, don't understand how it feels like to … not know who you are Hisoka… I look in the mirror and I see a stranger… Someone I don't know…You don't know how hard it is…"Subaru told him.

"Yes but… don't you think there is a reason Kamui made you forget? Don't you think he would have given you your memory back if he thought it was the right thing to do?" asked Hisoka.

"I don't know all I remember is his name and the Sakurazukamori…"answered Subaru. Suddenly Subaru felt a headache coming it wasn't the first time he had a since he arrived in Tôkyô but by far this was the worst and suddenly he had a …

*flashback*


(CuteGurl: Okay to explain why he had the flashback you see his think about Kamui and the name Sakurazukamori and the fact that Kamui wouldn't help him just suddenly jolted his memory. It's as simple as that. I know that in real life this wouldn't happen like that but… HEY I'm the author no? So what I say gose and that's the way I wrote it.)

FLASHBACK

"Kamui… you understand what it means to kill a Sakurazukamori don't you?" He had whispered that night.

"Of, course Subaru… I know what it entitles and I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't sure. I would rather have to suffer eternally then not have you love me if only for a moment." Kamui had replied shinken in hand.

"I'm tied by the past you know that. Seishirou made sure of that…"sadly said Subaru.

"I know that more then you'll ever know…" Kamui confirmed.

"Let us end this. But before I die … I want to know… why did you ever love me… when you knew that I could never love you back?" Subaru wondered.

"I just do Subaru. You of all people should know that love knows no reason…"was his answer. Now, before he lunged Kamui did something .. unusual he cast the spell for forgetting memories and after that lunged for Subaru who then knew no more.


BACK AT THE HOTEL

"Oh my God! What did I make Kamui do… Gomen… Gomen oh Kamui…'apologised Subaru to the person that wasn't there.

"What is it do you remember?" asked Tsuzuki the only one clueless as to what was going on. Although, Hisoka did not know much more, and could only really make speculation as to what Subaru was sorry about.

"Yes, Tsuzuki-san. Now, I have to go find Kamui if you'll excuse me. I think I know where to find him. Itte kimasu." Subaru said as he left.

"Hey! Wait up!" Tsuzuki said as he tried to catch up to Subaru with Hisoka not far on his trail.


KAMUI'SHOUSE

Subaru knock on the door of Seishirou (now Kamui's) house and sure enough Kamui answered. "What do you want? If you want my help it's still no."

"No. I just wanted to apologise. I remember Kamui and I am so sorry for all the grief I caused you," Subaru said.

"It was my choice to make. I would've done weather you wanted to or not because deep down I knew that was what you wanted. At any rate what's done is done…' Kamui told him as he let him and the two others who had just arrived in.

They seated in the living room and Kamui told the two(Tsuzuki and Hisoka) "You must have questions ask them and I'll see if I want to answer them or not."

"How did you and Subaru meet?" Tsuzuki being curious ask.

"Oh! That's a long story. One that I do not wish to tell. I'm sorry. But If Subaru is willing to narrate it then I do not mind. The story is riddled with unpleasant memories not only mine but to all those involved," Kamui explained.

"I don't mind telling what happened. Only one thing I dislike talking about happened," said Subaru and with that he told them of the Dragons of Heaven and the Dragons of Earth and the conflict between the two opposing armies and how Kamui was tied to it. Kamui half way threw left the room as if he would not allow himself to show any emotions in front of them.

"Oh! Kami-sama how ever did Kamui ever manage to live threw that! I know I wouldn't have been strong enough… It's a wonder he still here," Tsuzuki said with pity for the lonesome boy.

"Don't you dare pity me. If you do… I'll never forgive you. I made those choices and I have to live with the consequences no matter how harsh or painful they are. It has never bothered me before because I deserved them. So I wouldn't let them bother you If I were you," said Kamui vexed that anyone would dare to pity him.

"Gomen nasai Kamui-san. I didn't mean to insult you," apologised Tsuzuki still saddened by what he had heard but sort of amazed at the young man's strength.

"Oh, don't worry to much about it. What's done is done. Anyways I think I can live one more day. I have so far," he said with a melancholic smile.

"Your so much stronger then I have ever been Kamui and to tell the truth you don't deserve that. Your to good to deserve any of the things that happened to you and whatever mistake you made well… they were human ones… I wish things had been different…"Subaru sigh.

" Even if you had known what was to come do you really and truly think you could have stopped it?" asked Kamui.

"I don't know, if my efforts would've changed it, but I would've tried. I think that you were right Kamui… Maybe I should've let the past be the past … But I don't think I could stand not knowing you Kamui…"Subaru told the young man.

"Tsuzuki we have to go report to Tatsumi-san… NOW" Hisoka told the now Inu-Tsuzuki who was interested in the scene now playing before him.

Tsuzuki frowned, "No we don't! At least not tod…"

"We're going now!" Hisoka interrupted as he dragged the puppy away.

" Guess, it's the two of us now…" Subaru said.

"Yeah… I… you know… I well… I loved you…you know… and well… I can't help but wonder… did you ever love me?" Kamui asked the dead "new"/ex- Sakurazukamori.

"Oh… yes Kamui… I loved you as much as you loved me but the past had me in it's web you know… I think maybe this is my chance to start a knew life and I just came here to say… good bye?… I know… it's hard for you… it's not going to be easy for me either but… maybe it's better that way… for both of us…" Subaru told Kamui who had closed his eyes to stop the tears he knew were coming.

"Oh… Subaru… I don't think I can ever let you go…I might have been able to if you hadn't come but… now… oh… Subaru… one last time… for me…" Kamui pleaded the tears now pouring from his violet eyes.

Subaru said nothing as he sealed his good bye with a kiss. Then still without saying a word he walked away one from Kamui… never looking back as though if he did and he would never be able to leave the soulful violet eyed boy and with this ends Subaru and Kamui's story…

Well… I know Kamui and Subaru were OOC but hey with what happened to them of course they changed it would change anyone. I hope Keiichi, Hisoka and Tsuzuki were in character though. I tried to make them as in character as I could but it wasn't easy with Keiichi since I do not know much about him except that he like Kamui and that he is very genki. I also know that Tsuzuki and Hisoka never receive this sort of case but it was that or a sent Watari on a mission , with Subaru . Which would've been much harder for me to do because there isn't much I know about Watari other then he's a mad scientist that's trying to create a sex changing potion. So Kamui what did you think about the story. ^^

Kamui: You. Killed. Subaru.(Shinken appears out of nowhere and CuteGurl starts to run knowing on who Kamui wants to use it on.)

Hey….(still running for her life) technically it's you that killed Subaru-kun not me! So don't kill me Kamui!!!!! (Kamui dose not listen and continues to chase her.)

I guess I have no choice (using her author powers CuteGurl locks Kamui in a room with no doors or windows hoping he won't be able to get out.) **huff huff** While Kamui's locked up I guess I should tell you please review. I spent a lot of time working on this story and I would appreciate it if you could tell me what you thought about it. Good or bad.(Suddenly Kamui using his powers breaks out of his prison and resumes chasing CuteGurl who in turn runs away.) JA NE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

Btw: * I'm not sure this is accurate but for the sake of this story it is okay

The End.