Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Black Cherry ❯ Day One ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Four: Day One:
Tsuzuki awoke the next morning and glanced over at Anna. The poor soul didn't get an ounce of sleep last night. The man gave her a smile of pity.
"Good morning," he whispered. Anna groaned.
"That bad?" her boyfriend asked.
"I kept hearing a divorced couple thinking about killing each other," she whimpered. "Not pretty; not pretty at all." Tsuzuki stroked her cheek.
"Aww," he whispered. "You can make it, just two more days." Anna shot him an icy look. Tsuzuki pressed his lips together. She wasn't looking so good. He leaned up and kissed her on the forehead.
"I have to get to work," Tsuzuki whispered. "Just take it easy today, okay?" Anna opened her mouth to speak, but Tsuzuki put his finger to her lips.
"Shhh, don't argue," he whispered. "Just nod." Anna paused before she finally nodded.
"Good," Tsuzuki whispered. "I'll check on you this evening, okay?" His girlfriend said nothing. The shinigami gave her a kiss on the lips and sat up.
"I'll see you tonight," he said. "Just rest; don't get up for any reason." Anna sat straight up, and her jaw just dropped.
"But…" she cried.
"Don't argue with me," her boyfriend spoke up. "You're still recovering from the first stage!" Anna sat back, pouting.
"Fine!" she grumbled. The shinigami patted her on the head.
"I'll pick up dinner for you later," he whispered. Anna dropped her shoulders. What else could she do?
The rest of the day went as follows:
-Anna-
My head hurts. I don't feel good, but my body won't let me sleep. The noises keep piling up in my head. When I shut my eyes, they only get louder. I wish these thoughts would just shut up. I just… I want my own thoughts back. I feel like throwing up. I try to get up, but my body feels too heavy. I can't call out for help; Rihoko, Yoko-chan, and Seita all went to school. Damn it!
Different thoughts keep trying to blend together. Shut up! Shut up! Please leave me alone! I cover my ears and start whimpering. It doesn't help that I'm always breathless and can hear my heart pounding.
Something just broke in my head. I can't cave under like this. Asato-kun wants us to be together! I am much stronger than this! I have survived my family for this. I'm not going to let some little stone kick my ass with one blow!
The pain is no different, but now, it's a competition between the two stones and me. I can do this! Bring on the rest of the month! The pounding and thoughts get louder, but I clutch onto my sheets to fight back.
It all sinks into a slow sea of black…
-Tsuzuki-
Oh boy! I have really screwed up this time. The first time was just pushing my luck, but this time… I shudder. Damn that Kato-san! Why is he so interested in Anna-chan and me anyway?
"Tsuzuki-san!" I hear someone yell. I jerk my head upwards. Younger Gushoshin floats above my head. That can't be good. Don't give yourself away. I quickly sit up straight.
"Yes?" I ask.
"Konoe-san needs to see you now," he says.
I blink at him. "Okay… About what?"
"It has to do with Anna," Gushoshin replies. "He knows that something is off about her." I try not to give myself away.
"Sure," I said. I get up and follow behind. It can't be that bad. It's just a talk, right? Better to get this over with now than later on if something goes wrong, right?