Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Black Cherry ❯ Torn Petals ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Twelve: Torn Petals:
October 6th, 2009.
Tsuzuki made it back to Kimoto Manor.
"Anna-chan!" he called as he walked down the halls. "I brought you some dinner. Maybe we could eat together. What do you say, hm?" He walked further down, looking. "Anna-chan?" he asked. The man spotted Yoko-chan leaned up against the bathroom door. Curious, Tsuzuki approached her.
"Yoko-chan, what's the matter?" he asked. The little girl didn't speak. Instead, she tilted her head toward the door. The shinigami stepped forward and took a listen. Vomiting filled the air, heavy stuff too. Tsuzuki’s eyes quickly widened as he instantly recognized the voice as it groaned. He knocked on the door.
"Anna-chan?" he asked. "Are you alright in there?"
"No!" Anna croaked. More vomiting followed as Tsuzuki turned to Yoko-chan.
"How long has this been going on?" he asked.
"Couple of hours," she said.
"Couple of hou-?" he began to ask. It suddenly donned on him what the problem was.
"Anna-chan, I'm coming in!" he shouted. Tsuzuki opened the door and went inside. Anna sat huddled over the toilet. The poor soul looked like a wilted flower. Tsuzuki slowly approached her. He rested his hand on her shoulder.
"Hey," the man whispered. Anna dragged her head up to him. Her eyes looked so red and worn.
"Aw, come here," Tsuzuki told her. He took her into his arms. She let off a low groan as her head rested on his chest.
"Why is this happening to me?" she groaned. Tsuzuki lightly shushed her.
"The merger," he whispered. Anna paused.
"Huh?" she asked. Tsuzuki patted her on the head.
"The stones are starting to merge in your body," he explained.
"Is that why I'm so sick?"
"Yes." It hurt to keep on, but she wanted the truth. So, the truth the lady would get.
"I'm so sorry, Anna-chan!" he pleaded.
"For what?" she murmured. Tsuzuki held her tighter.
"The merger," he began, "Is the most painful part. The sickness is the first sign. Then, the merger attacks the heart." Tsuzuki choked back a sob. "Most people die during this part! I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry!" Anna nuzzled his chest. Suddenly, it hit again.
"Oh god," she mumbled. "I think I'm going to be sick again!"
"What?" Tsuzuki asked. Anna broke out of his arms and rushed back to the toilet. More vomiting filled the air. Tsuzuki sat back, watching. Anna finally sat down on the floor. She tried to catch her breath. Her boyfriend gave her a sympathetic smile.
"Done?" he asked. Anna moaned.
"At this rate, I'll be dry heaving!" she complained. "I don't feel too good!" The woman looked up at Tsuzuki.
"How long does this last?" she moaned.
"A day," Tsuzuki replied.
"A day?!" Anna whimpered. "I think I might cry."
"Aww, come here," her boyfriend said. He took her into his arms again as Anna sighed.
"I'll have to spend the night in the bathroom!" she wailed against his chest.
"I'll stay here with you," he said. His woman paused.
"Would you really?" she asked.
"Yeah," he whispered. Tsuzuki looked at the doorway. The to-go bag sat closed up and abandoned. His hopeful glow dimmed. It felt kind of bad to bring her dinner now. Timing betrayed him tonight. Tsuzuki turned back to Anna.
"I brought you some dinner," he whispered. "You can have it tomorrow when you feel better, okay?"
"Mmm," Anna let out. Tsuzuki rubbed her back.
"Look at me," he whispered as he lifted her head. Her eyes ached to cry. The color from her complexion drained to a grey-white. The bags under her eyes didn't help either. The man couldn't help but to smile at her. He kissed her on the forehead.
"You are so beautiful," he whispered. Anna shook her head.
"Don't say that, Asato-kun," she whimpered. He brushed back her hair from her face.
"What do you want me to say?" he asked.
"Nothing," Anna answered. "Please just don't talk. I only want silence for the rest of the night." Tsuzuki closed his mouth and held her closer to him. Anna shut her eyes and let his warmth help her fight down her sick for the night.