Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Black Pawn ❯ Demons Playing Cupid ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Demons Playing Cupid:
Emiko looked out the living room window of Kimoto Manor. She grinned as she saw Tsuzuki and Hisoka appear on the pathway. The butch demon turned inside.
“Oh Hoto-chan!” she yelled, “They’re here!” Hotaru cheered to herself softly.
“So do we begin out project now?” she asked all hyped up. Emiko smirked at her girlfriend.
“You get the boy, I get the girl,” she said in lower voice. The loli demon saluted her.
“Roger that!” she said. The girls scattered off to work.
-Emiko’s End-
The butch demon found Anna in her room locked in on her laptop. Emiko grinned to herself as she gracefully walked into the room.
“What do you want?” Anna asked. Emiko paused and smiled with a hint of mischief.
“Hey, old pal,” she said with a wave. The target didn’t look up.
“Is this another scheme to get Tsuzuki and me together?” she asked as she typed in the text box.
“Yeah,” Emiko said with a nod. Anna still didn’t look up.
“Why?” she asked through clinched teeth.
“Why not?” the butch demon asked with a shrug. Anna turned around to her this time.
“What kind of answer is that?” she asked with an eyebrow raised.
“Why can’t you admit it?” Emiko asked leaning in with crooked smile on her face.
“Admit what?” Anna asked.
“You thought about a relationship with Tsuzuki,” the butch demon said without missing a beat, “Fess up!” Anna went quiet as she looked away. Emiko’s eyes lit up.
“Ah! You have!” she said out loud. Anna’s cheeks went a bright red.
“Okay, yes I have,” she admitted with clenched teeth. Her tone changed as she lowered her head. “But, I know it’s not going to happen,” she muttered herself. The butch demon raised an eyebrow at her.
“Why is that?” she asked.
“That would be too weird!” the other woman said aloud. She shook her head as she tried to get the image out of her mind. “I was sixteen when I met him,” the woman went on, “And besides…” Anna looked down at her feet. “I’m on limited time here,” she muttered, “The only reason I’m alive is because of a Hell Stone Tsuzuki put in my soul. He’s either going to take it out when this case is over or it’ll break down and I will become white ash.” She snapped her head forward. “So, an intimate relationship is not a good idea,” the woman summed up. Emiko brushed it off without a thought.
“Hm,” the butch demon said back, “All the more reason to grab him and grab him fast!” Anna looked at her funny.
“Huh?” she asked. Emiko smiled at her wickedly.
“It’s not that hard to grasp,” she summed up, “If nothing happens between you both before your time is up, you’ll spend the rest of eternity regretting it, but if you and Tsuzuki do hook up before you do get sent away; you’ll at have the beautiful memories to treasure with you.” Anna opened her mouth, but Emiko lightly put her finger to the other woman’s lips.
“Don’t talk, think about it,” she said in a whisper. The target closed. Emiko gave her a wicked little smile and leaned in close to Anna’s face.
“Bye-bye!” the butch demon whispered. She disappeared out of the room, leaving a confused Anna staring at her blankly.
-Hotaru’s End-
Tsuzuki had just come into the house when he noticed Hotaru sitting before him on the couch. She gave him a huge grin.
“Hiya,” she said an innocent tone of voice. Tsuzuki sighed aloud.
“You again?” he asked trying to stay positive himself. The loli demon grinned at him.
“Yes,” she replied leaning forward. She patted the couch next to her. “Come, sit,” Hotaru told him, “We have to talk!” The Shinigami looked around; fine time for Hisoka to vanish on him! Now, he’s stuck with dark Shirley Temple. The Shinigami walked over to the couch and sat down.
“Good boy,” Hotaru said with a grin. Tsuzuki stared at her.
“Okay, what do you want?” he asked.
“So, tell me,” she said every so sweetly. Tsuzuki looked confused.
“Tell you what?” he asked. Hotaru looked at him closely.
“Why are you keeping Anna alive?” she asked like an innocent child. Tsuzuki prepared to wing the answer.
“I’m keeping her alive for the investigation,” he began off the top of his head, “She’s going to be the bait for Haruka and her sons. Now that they know she’s alive, they will come and try to kill her again. When they do, we’ll be ready to catch them.” Hotaru gave him a serious look.
“Really now?” she asked. Tsuzuki nodded.
“Yeah,” he said, hoping to sway her. Hotaru narrowed her eyes at him.
“Uh-huh,” she said flatly, “Now tell me why you really keeping Anna alive.” Tsuzuki stared in uncomfortable silence.  She saw through his excuse faster than the boys at the Ju-Oh-Cho did. At least, they humored him by going along with it. What the hell did that dark pixie want with him and Anna in a fix? Hotaru smiled and shook her head.
“Come on, you know the answer to that,” she cooed in a baby-like voice, “You’re not even trying to dig for it. You are killing me!” Tsuzuki looked at her oddly. What was this dark cherub getting at?
In the hallway, Hisoka stood in the darkness. He heard every single word and the boy had every right to be suspicious.