Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Break Me Like This! ❯ Gone From Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1

"Gone From Me"

A/N: Changes!!!! Hope you'll appreciate them! Thanks to all those that reviewed! I feel so happy now! I suck with medical terms by the way even if my father's a doctor and so is my grand father. ~Requiem~

A small chiming sound rang throughout the darkness as a ripple formed and spread out, breaking the uniform sea of black with its pale blue rings.

Golden eyes opened and were met by ever-present darkness. A small sigh left pale lips as the figure of a blond boy walked through the void, his footfall echoing as they struck the invisible floor.

It was rather ironic that he was a prisoner here in a cell without restraints; surrounded by barriers he could not break…that is, until recently. He hadn't meant to experiment but it happened anyway and he was now drained of energy. But it was all worth it he supposed. He caught himself three new toys.

Three mirrors stood ahead, framed in intricate golden designs of angels and devils battling. A scene from the Apocalypse, the usual clichéd interpretation by most artists and sculptors. Can't blame humans. They always search for some sort of biblical explanation to everything. One stood on his left, the other on his right and another right in front of him. But he didn't see his reflection in them. He saw his three captives, all unconscious and trapped with their arms spread out as though they were tied to a cross. [1]

In the left mirror was a young silver haired man, body slender and thin giving him an almost fragile beauty.

The right mirror held another young man, a blond, caught somewhere between adolescence and adulthood, beautiful yet masculine all at once.

And in the last mirror was a brunet, a perfect combination of strength and beauty, a suitable vessel for so much power.

The boy smiled at this and stretched out both his arms to touch the man's face, hands passing easily through the glassy surface that only rippled like water. "You're mine now. Soon, they'll all see…" He whispered softly, "and you'll be the one to help me."

***

The first thing he heard when sleep left him was the steady beeping of a cardiogram.

His hand twitched slightly against pale white sheets and when he caught the alien emotions floating about, his eyes cracked open. Harsh white light invaded his sight and he wrenched his head away, eyes shut tightly, groaning as he felt the effects of whatever drug he'd been under wearing off. The smell of anesthetics was heavy here, and so were the grim emotions in the air. He heard the rustling, the clinking as they moved around and the hushed whispers as they talked about the patient they were to operate on.

Hisoka.

He tried to bring his hands up, to brush away his hair that was matted down on his forehead but cold metal bracelets held them down. He tried to move his feet. They were held down as well by the ankles. His heart rate went up, making the cardiogram

break the heavy silence and alerting everyone in the room that the drug had worn off. Panic coursed through him. He felt the aching of his wrist where a dextrose needle had pierced the skin.

"Quick, sedate him." A doctor ordered a nurse and she obeyed quickly, taking a syringe and filling it with sedatives as she neared the table.

Hisoka hadn't the strength to struggle. His body felt too numb, as if he suffered some sort of lethargy. "Don't come near me…" He managed to mutter it but his voice was far too soft to be heard over the beeping. He tried again and managed something louder. He flinched away as the nurse drew closer. "Don't come near me…"

No one listened. Or at least that's what he thought. Someone did hear him but he had no reason to be relieved. A hand stopped the nurse and she turned to look at who touched her. Hisoka saw her lips move and wished that he hadn't heard her.

"Doctor Watari…?"[2]

What was going on here? Why was Watari here? Was he helping them? Yet the blond man that was approaching him couldn't be Watari. He had the face of Watari, the long wavy blond hair but the amber eyes were unbelievably somber. Where was the Watari that Hisoka knew?

"Why?" Hisoka managed to choke out.

Watari was approaching him, having taken the syringe from the nurse. "I'll sedate him myself." And he plunged the needle into the IV tube.

Traitor! The word rang clearly throughout Hisoka's head as his eyes slid close.

***

Yorimichi Moiya sighed, leaning back as he massaged his temples and tried to knead the frustration out of his brain. This was absolutely pointless. Ever since they had rescue his brother he had tried and tried to talk to him but nothing could make the eighteen year old speak or look at him. What happened Zen…? What did you see?

The slight young man sat at the piano, his long and tapered fingers moving gracefully over the ivory keys in perfect form, weaving out Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata for the umpteenth time since the hospital section released him. There weren't any serious damages. Just a few bruises and a sprain but they were fully healed now. "It may be trauma, sir." The doctor had said to Moiya after the young president threatened him with being fired if he didn't find the cause of Zen's silence.

The doctor was fired.

Moiya knew that it had to be traumatic. Falling into the earth as it broke apart under your feet. The damn earthquake had nearly swallowed a city, for God's sake. They nearly lost a company branch somewhere in south East Asia. Even Moiya was somewhat traumatized. Father would kill him…that is if Father wasn't dead…

The front door opened with a hiss and someone walked in. Moiya didn't bother to acknowledge the person until he spoke.

"Moiya, Tatsumi's back. He wants to report."

"Tell him that I'm busy."

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"Because, Moiya, he insists on seeing you."

Moiya's eyebrow twitched and he was about to glare at the poor excuse of a company slave when he realized that this wasn't one of his employees. This was Eikyuu Seihi. "You're back so soon, Seihi-san?"

"Yeah," the other man replied, shrugging. "It was a waste of time. The dam chasm caved in and we couldn't find a thing."

"Ahh…I see."

"Pain in the ass rescue team…they can't do a proper job right. I don't get it, why don't you hire me instead?"

"Because you're family and family members in a large corporation can arouse suspicions."

"I'm not family, I'm just a brother in law."[3]

"Who is married to a sibling of mine."

Seihi sighed. "Okay, okay, point made! You didn't have to remind me, you know."

Moiya laughed softly as he stood up from the chair he'd been sitting in and glanced at Zen. No words were needed for Moiya's request. Seihi had nodded and gestured to the door. Sparing his brother one last glance Moiya walked calmly towards the door before he stopped and looked at Seihi from over his shoulder. "Seihi-san, I remind you to keep you strong. I am your brother in law but I am not just anyone. I can make you and I can break you." And he left the room in silence.

A moment passed before Seihi realized that Zen was no longer playing the piano. He had tried to turn around to check on him but a pair of slender arms wrapped around Seihi's waist as he felt a face gently press against his back. "You're mean you know, playing the mute."

A small smile ghosted Zen's lips as he spoke in a soft yet sure voice. "It's simply not the time…"

To be continued…

[1] Think Sailormoon…. ^ ^ Yes, I do watch. Haruka!!! *heart*

[2] Umm, for that part I considered Watari a doctor since he does cure people…ne? Reference to the Kyoto arc there, the episode where Watari said, "If you want to find a doctor ask another doctor," or something like that. Not sure…. My subbed version sucked like hell.

[3] Make a reference to Clash of Claws. Heheheh, Seihi's 'spouse'.