Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Glasshouse ❯ Nothing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Glasshouse

 

Part 4: Nothing

 

Hisoka walked leisurely behind his partner who was babbling on and on and he was just tuning out. Not that he cared but he was grateful for the one-sided talk. At least it wasn't silent. He sighed and kept thinking about the talk between him and that woman, who has yet to identify herself. He was sure that she was the cause of that woman's mysterious disappearance. And something about a mirror.

 

Looking around he noticed that Tsuzuki was heading directly to a bakery shop. He felt himself ready to do what he always did but suddenly stopped. He didn't know what made him maybe the talk he had with 'Her' before he was actually fit to walk among the living once again to do his job.

 

She told him that he was selfish. He never thought of other people's being before himself. She mentioned a few events that seemed to happen. First she mentioned about the Kyoto incident when Tsuzuki stayed alive for him. Since he didn't want to be alone. Then he never seemed to let his partner indulge himself in sweets. And then he just snapped awake. It was all he could remember. All he felt when he woke up was the dull emptiness that he had before when he was just a little child. But it never bothered him at all as he clamped them back down into the depths of his mind.

 

Seeing Tsuzuki already walking in he followed and just watched as his partner ordered cake after cake. They ate within the shop well actually Tsuzuki ate with Hisoka just refusing every time he was offered. He stayed silent staring at his empty spot on the table. He felt nerved that there were many windows and glasses. It was as if he was being watched. This glass table he could see his reflection just like a mirror except more faded out. Now he really wanted to leave or maybe there was a specific reason Tsuzuki just managed to land in this bakery shop.

 

Tsuzuki observed his partner's behavior. It seemed like it was normal but no, it wasn't. Usually Hisoka would be angry with him if he ever wasted his money enough on sweets but there was no yelling. And he was unusually silent. That wasn't new but it was awkward because he never spoke a word just a nod and that was it. Though he wasn't complaining much since this rarely happened. But still he was worried that Hisoka wouldn't be himself. Right now it was as if they were starting over again. It took a while but he was able to gain some sort of trust with his partner. Even if it was just a little bit. Now it was like he was losing it again.

 

Hisoka could feel the glances sent his way. But he didn't pay attention to it. He was thinking of his options and what would happen. Would he be forgotten like that woman? Or would they remember and just figure him missing? Idea after idea ran through his head. Everything on the woman's side seemed to come with a positive outcome yet there could be a catch. There was also the choice of staying and doing the same routine of being a shinigami. Not that he was much more familiar with it.

 

Then there was Muraki. He wondered why did he have to put that doctor in the picture. What he said a week ago was something he knew was probably a lie. It was probably just another ploy, another plot, to get Tsuzuki or there was something between him and that woman. He hated…he hated that they couldn't just be straight and just get his partner. He wondered why they always go for the hard way instead of the easy way. Maybe they were just dumb to not think that. He wanted to slam his fists on the table. He didn't like to think of himself as bait for the big catch. That's what he always was.

 

He needed to cool off and take his mind off this. He stood up told Tsuzuki that he was just going to walk before he could protest he was already out the door. He didn't wait for Tsuzuki to say anything to him he just walked out and just walked around not caring where he ended up. He ended up in the park and opted to sit in the batches of regular trees far away from the sakuras. He didn't like being remembered. It was a bit dark where he picked but it was just so no one would notice him.

 

The breeze waved his hair around his framing face. It felt colder than it did before. His arms wrapped around himself to provide some protection from the cold. It was then he realized that it was just her.

 

"Well, well, fancy meeting you here. And look you're all alone," he heard her say in front of him. She stood up there smiling serenely at him. He knew it was all a lie, a façade that seems to bring people to believe her. Hisoka hastily stood up.

 

"Stay away from me. If you want something just take it directly, no need to use other people for your purposes," Hisoka stated before walking around her. He had to get away and go back to the apartment and maybe this would all be some dream. He stopped as arms embraced him from behind.

 

"Now where would be the fun in that? Sadistic people like me love using bait. I love to torture the one I'm supposed to target. It makes it so much interesting watching those dramas. And you know what, you just asked me to come and pick you up. But I think I'll make you think a bit more. Right now your partner is looking for you." She said before disappearing. Hisoka felt the cold vanish with her as he walked out of the park and back to the shared apartment they were renting for the moment of this case.

 

--------------------

 

Tsuzuki frantically looked for Hisoka as it became dark. He was back in the apartment thinking Hisoka would be here but he wasn't. As he was about to go out the door opened and Hisoka stepped in. He sighed in relief and went back to his old cheerful self. He bounded up to the forever teen and glomped him.

 

"Hisoka, you're finally here. I saved you some cake!" Tsuzuki stated cheerfully.

 

Hisoka nodded in response and tried not to tense as his partner continued to keep his hold on him. Maybe he was just some lifesaver, a person used in case someone needed some form of comfort. And he hated it. Along with it came feelings and the feelings were not his own. He wondered if he could feel anything on his own anymore. He always felt other people's emotions whether it'd be sad or happy, they sometimes leaked pass his shields. But when he didn't feel anything it was then he felt nothing like he wasn't really there as if he was invisible.

 

He shook his head of those thoughts. No, he wouldn't believe whatever false truth that woman kept feeding him. They were nothing but part of some competitive performance. He brushed off Tsuzuki gently and began to walk towards his room. Right now his body was begging for some sleep. But he was afraid to go to sleep. Something kept pulling him into dream world and he couldn't fight it any longer.

 

Before he even reached his room he collapsed in the hall unconscious. Tsuzuki rushed to his fallen partner shaking him a little to see if he was awake. He sighed in relief as he saw the even breathing. That meant he was still there. Tsuzuki picked him up, carrying him bridal style into Hisoka's room and placing him on the bed. He pulled up a chair and sat beside the bed. Hisoka wasn't going to like this but he was worried something would happen.

 

Without knowing it he slowly fell asleep in the chair.

 

TBC-----------------

 

Kinshin: Sorry it probably took so long but school started this week, and I haven't been piled with a lot of homework yet. I'm trying to put as much chapters as I can. Thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! No Flames!!