Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Stand By You ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei et.al. © Matsushita Yoko et.al. I'll Stand By You © The Pretenders et.al.
This fanfic is written by Silver Wind. Please do not archive without permission.
This fanfic takes place on volume 8 where Tsuzuki summons Touda. But the continuation doesn't follow the manga.

a Yami no Matsuei fan fiction:
I'll Stand By You
by Silver Wind
mail - site

Oh, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now.
Don't be ashamed to cry.
Let me see you through.
'Cause I've seen the dark side too

When the night falls on you.
You don't know what to do,
Nothing you confess.
Could make me love you less

-- I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders --

"I want to die."

He curled up into a fetal position, tears streaming from his eyes.

"I want to die."

The fire was blazing around him. But he paid no attention to it. He smiled bitterly. Wouldn't this world have been a better place had he not existed? The people he loved wouldn't have been hurt. He wasn't supposed to exist in the first place, right?

"Oneechan, are you waiting for me?"

Was she? Or had she left him too? Just like everyone else. Was Tatsumi going to be sad when he died? Or would he be glad to finally get rid of the most useless Shinigami on Meifu?

"Hisoka..."

And what about Hisoka? Quick-tempered, green-eyed, beautiful Hisoka. His Hisoka. Would he cry? Was he going to be sad?

"He won't... Let me die, please."

"TSUZUKI~~~!!!"

Faintly, he heard a very familiar voice calling his name. Hisoka! Hiso--

Darkness.

***

Silence. Oh, so silent. So this is what 'to die' really means.

Don't even think about it, idiot.

My eyes snap open.

Hiso--?

I laugh humorlessly. I'm even imagining things after I died! I did not hear voices. It was just a dream.

Oh yes, you did hear me, idiot. You haven't died, and don't you dare dying on me!

Hisoka? That's Hisoka's voice. That's Hisoka's temper. Was that really--

Yes, it's me.

I'm not dreaming? I'm not dead?

Idiot. You come back to me now so I can prove it! You're inside yourself. Tatsumi-san saved both of us.

But why? Why don't you just let me die?

What do you think? Look, do you really think I'm going to let you die?

I want to die! I didn't want to live anymore!

I'm not going to let you, Tsuzuki. So you'd better forget about dying now.

Hisoka...

Do you think that nobody knows what you've gone through? I can feel what you feel!

You can feel what I feel?

Do you realize that I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you? That I would've wasted away, if you hadn't been there beside me?

Hisoka...

Come back, Tsuzuki. Come back for me.

For you?

Yes. And for Tatsumi-san. For Watari-san.

Hisoka...

For everyone else.

Hisoka...

Because none of us would be the same without you.

Hisoka...

Idiot. Can't you say anything else beside my name?

Hisoka...

Tsuzuki, I'll stand by you. No matter what. You're not going to be alone. Ever.

I will never be alone...

So come back.

I... I'm coming back... For you...

***

The purple eyes slowly opened. The first thing he saw was a pair of wide emerald eyes, a beautiful face hovering above him.

"Hisoka..."

The beautiful face broke into a slight smile. Was it his imagination or were there really tears in those eyes?

"Welcome back, Tsuzuki."

He closed his eyes. Hisoka, his Hisoka, leaned over him, their foreheads touching lightly.

Tears were streaming from his eyes again. But the tears were caused by a different reason now.

I'll stand by you.

So come back.

Take me in into your darkest hour.
And I'll never desert you.
I'll stand by you.

~ OWARI ~

Notes:
this fanfic was inspired by the very lovely layout on Gaki's now dead blog, so, thank you very much, Gaki! *glomps*
I must say that this song describes PERFECTLY the relationship between Tsuzuki and Hisoka (or Tsuzuki and Tatsumi if you want).

C & C, please?

Finished: July 4th, 2001. 12:42 a.m.