Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Photograph ❯ photograph ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This is the closest I'm ever going to get to writing a Muraki/Tsuzuki pairing. Keep in mind that this is set during Muraki's earlier years. And that this is a drabble and therefore has no purpose other than to keep the authoress (meaning me) happy, happy, happy.

Summary: Muraki sees the old photo of Tsuzuki for the first time [one sided Muraki/Tsuzuki]

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Yami no Matsuei, I just like to play with them.

Photograph

The photograph was old and yellowed, the year scribbled haphazardly on the back attesting to that fact. Kazutaka had found it while rifling through a stack of his grandfather's old papers. Fortunately, it was in good condition thanks to the leather bindings that had protected it.

But that was not what really interested Kazutaka. It was what the content that had the teen age boy spell bound. A man... He lay in what Kazutaka presumed to be a one of his Grandfather's hospital beds.

One of his eyes was bandaged and wrapped with a pad of gauze and cloth, but the other was about half open and seemed to be both glazed and unfocused. His hair color was indeterminable through the picture, but it looked a bit wavy. The bangs fell over the man's forehead and into his eyes. And Kazutaka caught himself wondering his it would be as lovely to touch as it was to look at. A slight shadow underlay the dried line of his mouth.

One fact however was perfectly clear to the teen; this man, whatever his identity, was beautiful. Under other circumstances he could have been stunning. These thought startled Kazutaka as they crossed his mind. Before that moment, he had never found any being to be more alluring, not even his Veronica. But as he resumed his study of the photograph he realized it was the truth. This man was beautiful, powerful and some how tragic. And Kazutaka wanted to know him, everything about him. What had put him in the hospital. What gave him that defeated, saddened air. What the true color of his eyes were... Everything.

The teen's pale fingers ghosted down the cheek depicted in the photograph and unconsciously wet his lips. He gave the man one more affectionate glance before flipping back to the first page of the medical journal. And with that, he began to read his Grandfather's account of, "the patient".

-finis (see, i told you it was pointless)