Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Puppies and Owls! ❯ Muraki’s apartment ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gomen for the really late update but I have been busy and a bit lazy.

Eh, I forgot: no problems! I always feel funny… =3 You also want a Tsuzuki-inu plushie? Well, here you go! (Hands over a Tsuzuki-inu plushie)

Muraki Asato: understood! Thanks for borrowing him!

Da: You go it!

Ethereal-tenshi: glad you liked it!

SapphireDragon: that is a secret!

Night Fox Hiten: I will! Don't worry!

xxxx

Puppies and Owls!

Chapter four: Muraki's apartment

xxxx

Muraki held the amethyst eyed pup under one arm as he put the cage on the floor. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a key. "Before we enter, I must warn you that I don't live alone. My `roommate' will not be a real threat to you, Tsuzuki-san, but your feathery friend has something to worry about" he said as he turned the key and unlocked the door.

Watari held onto the stick with all his strength as the cage was lifted from the floor. "Easy with handling the cage! I still fell a bit sick from hacking up all that cotton!" he yelped.

Tsuzuki wiggled in Muraki's grip. He didn't want to enter the evil doctor's apartment! Who knew how many knifes, needles and such were in there? "A-a roommate? You g-got a r-room mate?" he asked shakily as he was put down on the floor inside the apartment. What if Muraki's roommate was a killer like the silver haired man? What if the roommate liked to experiment on animals?! Panic stared take over as he backed and hit the wall behind him. "W-where is y-your roommate?" he asked and darted his gaze back and forth.

Muraki chuckled as he placed the birdcage on the kitchen table and took of his white coat. Placing it on the back of a chair he turned to the frightened pup. "Don't tell me that the greatest shingami in the world is scared… I told you that you have nothing to be scared about" he said softly and picked up the small pup. He hugged Tsuzuki close and rubbed the soft ears. "You are to adorable, Tsuzuki-san"

"HELP!! HELP!!! I M BEING ATTACKED!!!" Watari's voice rang through the apartment.

Muraki turned around so that he and Tsuzuki could see the `attacker'. Muraki laughed as he saw who it was and Tsuzuki's jaw dropped.

On the table stood the cage containing Watari. Watari was pressed against one side of the cage, shaking so badly that feathers loosened and fell to the floor. He stared at the attacker and shrieked. The attacker reached further into the cage and tried to grab at the yellow owl. His attacker proved to be a small yellow…

"CAT!! GET THE CAT AWAY FROM ME!!!" Watari shrieked as the cat mewled. His bird instincts told him that the cat was going to eat him, so when the sharp claw scratched one yellow feather, Watari fainted.

Tsuzuki broke away from Muraki and dashed over to the table. Hopping up on a chair, he barked at the cat that was tilting its head as it looked at the laid out dinner in the cage. The cat looked calmly at the pup and then turned back to the cage, looking for a slot to drag its dinner out from the cage.

Muraki picked up the cat that grunted from the sudden movement. "Now, now, don't you be hostile to our new guests…" he spoke softly to the cat as he stroked the golden fur. "Tsuzuki-san, meet my roommate: Kurosaki" he said with a smile as the cat looked at the pup with emerald eyes.

Tsuzuki hopped up on the table and looked into the cage. Noticing that the owl was alive, only fainted, he turned to look at the doctor with a frown. "You named your CAT after MY partner? How sick isn't that?!" he snapped and growled at the cat. "Such an evil beast shouldn't be allowed to be named after such a nice boy!" he said. Muraki naming a cat after a boy he had killed? That was so sick!

Muraki only smiled and scratched the cat under its chin. "Even you must admit that he has similar likenesses as the boy, ne? Now, Kurosaki, please avoid eating the bird. Heavens knows how much dirt there is on him…"

xxxx

"This wasn't a bad idea…" Tatsumi sighed as he sank back into the warm water. His head rested on a soft pillow and a black haired girl massaged his scalp.

Hisoka moaned in agreement as his shoulders were massaged. "I haven't forgotten about the gift… but I feel no need to rush, do you Tatsumi-san?"

Tatsumi shook his head. "No… Why don't we buy him a day here? He needs to relax from all the experimenting…."

Hisoka moaned as the girl massaged a not in his neck. "That would be a great idea. Well, we got to be going, Tatsumi-san. Its getting late and I haven't fed Tsuzuki today…"

"You make it sound like Tsuzuki was a dog or something" Tatsumi said as he got up from the bath and put on a robe.

Hisoka followed him as they went to the dressing room. "Sometimes I wonder…. Let's hit the showers, it's already dark outside and I don't want to risk spotting a blood moon tonight!"

xxxx

"Why do I have to sleep in your bed, Muraki? I can sleep on the floor…" Tsuzuki whined as Muraki hugged the small pup against him.

Muraki had fed him and Watari before going to bed. He had left Watari in his cage in the hall and brought Tsuzuki with him into the bed room. He had left the pup for a few minutes to change into his night shirt. When he had entered the room again, Tsuzuki had shrieked in horror in seeing Muraki in nothing but boxers and a shirt. Muraki had chuckled at this and placed himself under the sheets with the pup.

"Don't be silly, Tsuzuki-san. The floor is too hard and I like having you in my bed"

"You never had me in your bed!" Tsuzuki growled as Muraki's hand scratched his stomach. The nails against his skin felt nice and he rolled over on his back to gain more scratching. "Please stop that, I hate it even if my dog side likes it…"

Muraki smiled and stroked the soft fur. "Maybe not in real life, but in my fantasies you have shared my bed countless of times… but there you are human" he whispered and yawned slightly. Pulling the pup close again, he closed his eyes. "Sleep well, Tsuzuki-san"

Tsuzuki waited for an hour before he crept from Muraki's now limp grasp. He stilled when he felt a movement but soon he landed on the floor softly. As quietly as possible he sneaked out from the bedroom. He made his way to the hall and soon spotted the cage containing Watari. Looking back to see if Muraki had awoken, he sighed in relief when he hadn't. "Psst, Watari! Are you awake?" he whispered.

Watari yawned and placed his glasses on his beak before hopping to the side of the cage. Looking down, he spotted his friend. "Hi, Tsuzuki! Why aren't you sleeping?" he asked.

"I don't understand how you can sleep in this situation! Anyway, we need to escape. Can you open the door to the cage?" Tsuzuki asked. He knew that if Watari could open the door, he would have done that a long time ago. "I understand is you can't get it open, but I'll…"

"Done!" Watari said and hopped to the edge of the table. Seeing the confused face of the pup he tilted his head until it was upside down. "What? Didn't think that I could get it open? Come on, `Suki, I mean, I m a scientist! Opening a door is a piece o cake for me!"

Tsuzuki frowned at the nick name but let it slip. "I thought burglars were the ones that were expert at opening doors. I know this will be difficult, but I need you to fly over to the door and push the handle down so that we can escape!" Tsuzuki said and pointed his muzzle in the right direction. "Think you can do it?"

"If he knows what's good for him, he should stay on the table"

Tsuzuki turned around and fared that he should see Muraki in the door way. `Not now we are so close!' he thought. He didn't see Muraki, thank God, but he saw someone else instead. "You! I can understand you!" Tsuzuki gasped.

Kurosaki sat on the floor in front of the door that led to Muraki's bedroom. The yellow cat stood and made his way to the pup. "I am a bird expert and I know that that ball of feathers wouldn't make it across the room. If he tries however, I'll be there to catch him with my mouth…" he said and licked his nose.

"I won't let you eat my friend! You have to go through me to get to him! Watari, fly while I keep him occupied!" he said and growled. He knew that he couldn't be to loud or Muraki would hear them.

Watari looked at his wings and then to the door. "Ok… take a deep breath… I can do this…" he said to himself. He didn't notice the struggling duo on the floor nor did he see when the cat got a good hold on the pup's ear. Spreading his small wings, he stepped back a few steps. "Here goes nothing!" he shouted and jumped of the edge.

Kurosaki saw the yellow owl and let go of the tail he had been biting on. After chasing Tsuzuki behind a large box he had sunk his teeth into the only visible part of the pup: the tail. Now he ran under the owl, his mouth open. "I got you, I got you!" he said as he followed the owl with his eyes.

Watari tumbled trough the air, looping and flapping his wings madly. "T-t-this i-is no-t-t h-how bird-s f-f-ly!" he stuttered as he made his way across the room.

Tsuzuki came out from behind the box and spotted the cat that was trying to catch his blond friend. "No `kitten' will beat me!" he snapped and charged the cat. How ironic that Muraki named this evil cat after his sweet, innocent partner. He soon reached the cat and slammed his head into Kurosaki's side. The cat huffed as he was thrown against the door and slid to the floor unconscious. Tsuzuki snored as he placed one paw on the cat. "That will teach you not to mess with Tsuzuki, the high ranking shingami!"

"How ironic" Watari said from above him. He was jumping back and forth on the handle, tilting his head in every direction.

"Watari! You made it!" Tsuzuki said and looked up.

Watari looked down at him. "I made it but now I realise something…"

"And that is?"

Watari hopped on the handle. "I m to light to make the handle move…."

xxxx

Gomen for the late update!!