Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Puppies and Owls! ❯ Lab sweet lab ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Xxxx
 
Puppies and Owls!
 
Chapter seventeen: Lab sweet lab
 
Xxxx
 
Was it true? Was his eyes playing a horrible joke on him? Were they really there?!?! Tsuzuki looked around, his tail wagging madly about.
 
Watari hopped around in circles and hooted. “My lab! My dear sweet sot covered lab! We are here! Whoo hoo!!” he shouted and flapped his way up on his messy desk. Everything was just like he had left it. Even his cloths where there. He hopped over to different tubes and petted them with his wing. “I have missed you. And you. And you. And how could I forget about you?”
 
Hisoka sneezed as a dust ball passed him. “Watari, do you ever clean in here? The dust will soon rule over this place” he asked and lifted his front paws to clean himself. After being a bunny for a couple of days he had gotten used to the idea of cleaning himself with his tongue.
 
Tatsumi followed the owl up on the desk and looked around. He didn't visit Watari's lab that often considering that every time he did he left with his face covered in sot and whatever Watari was making. He had even bought a `DANGER DO NOT ENTER' sign and personally nailed it to the scientist's door. He looked over where Watari was hugging a tube containing a pink liquid and shook his head. “Watari, stop molesting that tube and start thinking about a cure for your potion!” he snapped.
 
Watari looked at him and then at the tube. “I talk to you later, sweetie. I got work to do” he said and placed it back on the rack.
 
Tatsumi was seriously starting to wonder if Watari spend to much time in his lab… it was only a matter of time before the golden haired scientist started to name his potions and inventions.
 
Tsuzuki and Hisoka couldn't see what the two were doing on the desk since they couldn't fly up there. “How do we get up there, Hisoka?” the pup asked.
 
Hisoka was busy cleaning his left ear when Tsuzuki asked him the question. “Why don't we just use the chairs and jump up? Do I have to think about everything?” he asked and stretched his left hind leg out and started to clean the smooth fur there.
 
Tsuzuki frowned and looked at the said chairs. He probably would be able to jump from the chair and onto the table, but he was a bit unsure about Hisoka. Standing up on his paws he started to move forwards the chair closest to the desk when he spotted something on the floor. “My cloths!”
 
Hisoka looked up in a mid lick. His pink little tongue stuck out a bit as he looked at Tsuzuki with a confused look. “What? What is so special about that? Focus on the cure why don't you?” he frowned and scratched his left ear.
 
Tsuzuki smiled and started to dig around in the pile of cloths. “I know I have a piece of chocolate in here somewhere. I didn't get a chance to eat it when I visited Watari and took the potion. I haven't eaten candy since I turned into this and I aren't about to pass up a chance like this!” his muffled voice came from within the pile.
 
Hisoka sighed and was about to continue to clean his leg when a thought popped up in his head. “Tsuzuki, do not touch that chocolate!” he called and hopped over to the pup. He stood up on his hind legs and pushed on Tsuzuki's head with his front paws. “Did you hear me baka?”
 
Tsuzuki groaned and pulled his head up. “Why not, Hisoka? If you and a bit you can just ask you know. I wouldn't mind chairing with you” he said and sat on his hunches.
 
Hisoka blushed under his fur and shook his head. `What in the world am I thinking?!' “No, I don't want chocolate! There is a very good reason why you shouldn't eat that chocolate” he said and sat back.
 
“And what is that?” Tsuzuki asked. Why should Hisoka start to care what he stuffed himself with? He never had before.
 
Hisoka looked to the side and closed his eyes. “Chocolate kills dogs” he said simply.
 
Tsuzuki blinked and looked at Hisoka. His eyes filled with tears as he pounced on the bunny and started to lick his face. “You saved my life, Hisoka! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! How would I survive without you?!” he asked happily.
 
Hisoka was pushed flat against the ground as the wet tongue travelled along his back and over his head, pushing his fur in the wrong direction. “Eww, Tsuzuki! Stop it! That's disgusting!”
 
Watari looked at the couple from the desk and sighed. “You two make such a adorable sight. It is almost making me go `awwww'”
 
Tatsumi let his head drop as he saw the two. “Can we get back on the subject please, and Tsuzuki that is not healthy. Get up here and help us with the cure”
 
Tsuzuki looked up with a grin. “I just wanted to thank him that's all” he said and left the bunny alone. He hopped up on the chair and the up on the desk, panting as he looked down at Hisoka who hadn't moved an inch. “Hisoka, are you coming?” he asked.
 
Hisoka was still lying flat against the ground, looking like he had been squashed. `Darn Tsuzuki and his way to say thank you' “I'm coming, I'm coming…. After I have fixed my fur” he muttered and sat up. A small draft connected with his wet back and he shivered. “Blesh, cold drool! Cold Tsuzuki drool!”
 
Watari hopped over to a bunch of papers and started to scatter them around. “Can you help me find a paper with the name `Invisibility potion' on it? I need it to create the cure” he asked.
 
Tsuzuki looked at the papers and shoved the incorrect ones to the floor. “Wrong, wrong, wrong, right, wrong, wrong…. What a sec…” he stopped and looked down to the floor. He spotted the paper they wree looking for and sighed. “Darn it, now I have to jump down there and get it”
 
Tatsumi looked at him. “So? A little exercise haven't killed you this far”
 
“Yeah, but still. I'm an old man, I might break my hip with all that jumping”
 
“You are an old man in a young pup body!”
 
“Still!”
 
“I'll bring it! I'm coming up there anyway!” Hisoka called. He picked up the paper in his mouth and hopped up on the chair. Being slightly smaller then Tsuzuki he didn't manage to land on top of the chair and had to drag himself up. He looked at the gap between him and the desk and took a deep breath. Backing up a bit he used all his strength to jump over to the desk. He managed to land on it but his speed and weigh made him sled across the polished surface and almost drop down on the other side. Just an inch from the edge he managed to stop and sigh in relief.
 
Tatsumi walked over to Hisoka and retrieved the paper. “Good job, Kurosaki-kun” he said and took the paper to Watari who was looking around for the right ingredients.
 
Hisoka backed away from the edge and promptly lied down. “I'm not moving from this spot until the cure is done” he said.
 
Tsuzuki moved over to him and frowned. “Aren't you going to help us?” he asked. Hisoka wasn't the only who wanted to lie around and do nothing.
 
Hisoka looked at him and then shut his eyes. “If you haven't noticed I can't hold anything in bigger then a pen. The tubes and such are to large for me to hold in my mouth and my paws are useless” he said and nodded to his front legs.
 
Tsuzuki knew that Hisoka was right. Tatsumi had a wider mouth then Hisoka at the moment. “Ok, but if we find something you can do, you'll help right?”
 
“Yeah, Yeah”
 
“Tsuzuki, get over here!” Tatsumi called. The cockatoo watched as Tsuzuki came to them and then turned to the racks with liquids. “Alright, Watari has come up a solution for our problem. I need you to pour the chemicals. I'll tell you which we need and you'll get tem, ok?”
 
“Ok!” Tsuzuki said and turned to the vials.
 
Tatsumi looked at the paper while Watari made sure how much of each chemical to use. “OK, Tsuzuki, we need the green one to the left” Tatsumi said.
 
“Ok, Tatsumi!” He looked at the vials and just remeberd something. Something he hadn't told the others just yet. “Um… Tatsumi. There is a slight problem”
 
“What is it?” the secretary asked. He didn't have time to fool around.
 
“Well, you name the chemicals by the colour right? Not the name?”
 
“So? It is easier to say which colour we need then the name. Some names hare hard to pronounce”
 
“Yeah I know but the problem is…”
 
“Is what?”
 
“… the fact that dogs are colour colour-blind…”
 
“………”
 
“Tatsumi?”
 
“…..”
 
“Are you ok? You have gone quiet all of a sudden”
 
“… Tsuzuki…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“… Get Hisoka… I think we just have found the right job for him”
 
“And what is that?” Tsuzuki asked.
 
Tatsumi looked at him, his blue eyes sparkling. “He can keep an eye on you. Colour-blind… just my luck”
 
xxxx
 
Sorry for the short and bad chap but I'm fighting writer's block! Gomen!