Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Shikigami story ❯ Shikigami Soul ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a fanfic for Yami no Matsuei

Contains shounen-ai. Yami is not mine, nor is Hisoka * cries *

By: Mentantië-chan

Silently Hisoka and Tsuzuki lay under the blooming sakura's. Hisoka has laid his head in Tsuzuki's lap and hold his hand. It was a perfect warm day and the leaves of the trees flew around everywhere. Tsuzuki lifted his other hand and laid it on Hisoka's blonde hair. "Hisoka?" "Hm?" "Do you really love me?" "Yes, of course I do." "Don't you find me…annoying or anything?"

Hisoka lifted his head and looked at his koi with a questioning look on his face.

"Why you ask?" "Something Tatsumi-san said.." "What did he say?"

"He said…I had some habits, that annoyed him…." "Why would he say such a thing? He doesn't hate you, does he?" "I Don't hope so… We've been partners, so he could've said that earlier…" "It's bugging you, isn't it?" "Yeah. I saw Tatsumi-san as a good friend, a person I could trust. He just said it so…hard. So rude, as if I was his enemy." "If it bothers you that much, you should tell Konou-kachou." "He won't listen anyway. He trusts Tatsumi in everything he does. Tatsumi-san is the secretary after all, and he should be a trustworthy person… Hisoka-chan, you know what he said? He said…That you and me and us being together was wrong. That I was overreacting. That I didn't even look like a man anymore.."

A lonely teardrop passed Tsuzuki's cheek.

"And I trusted him.."

Hisoka grabbed both of Tsuzuki's hand and laid his hand on the others shoulder.

"Us being together isn't wrong, Tsuzuki-san, that's something you know very well. Sometimes you overreact, but that's just you! And believe me, you do look like a man. You are perfect Tsuzuki. At least you feel. Your feelings are true. I bet Tatsumi-san didn't mean all of this, and that he's just plain jealous."

"That must be it…" Tsuzuki answered, but you could hear in his voice he still didn't believe it.

In the Castle of Candles sat Hakushaku-sama on his chair behind his long table. "That Tatsumi…What is wrong with him?"

If you could see his face, he would be frowning. He called his servant and asked him to bring Kounou-kachou to his palace. "No one hurts my Tsuzuki-san."

At Enmacho Tatsumi was reading a thick document when someone knocked on his door. "Come in." He said short, as an answer. Konou-kachou opened the door and entered. "Ah! Konou-kachou! Gomen nasai, but I was very interested in this document of Muraki-sama." "It's fine, Tatsumi-san. But what I wanted to speak you about: Did you say anything to Tsuzuki-san, something negative?" "Konou-kachou! Why do you say such a thing?" "Hakushaku-sama told me about it. How he knows that, don't ask me, but it seemed that you have said some…weird things to him. He's very upset about it, and I want you to apologise." "I don't remember such a thing sir! I would never say negative things to Tsuzuki-san about him!" "But he really did hear them. Well, if you said you didn't, I'll talk to Tsuzuki-san about it." "Okay…." Tatsumi answered, and watched how Konou-sama walked away and closed the door behing him.

Wild typing on his laptop Watari sat at his office. He searched things about the behaviour op certain people, because for a while there have been very much murders in Japan. Innocent, seeing them with a fast eye, and crossed across the whole country, but they all had something in common. After the people were killed, they didn't have a natural colour eyes anymore. They all had became unnatural: Yellow, purple or dark red. Watari chose three victims and searched for information of their lives. The three of them all were rich, who spend their money to good charity's. The first helped war victims, the second donated to developing countries, ant the third helped street children.

Their murderer had been smart, or a pro: There was no sign of a killer. No fingerprints, nothing. Nor was there something in their body's like poison. That's why Enmacho took this case, mortals didn't know what to do with it.

Though it was sad, Watari was very excited about this job. All jobs that where hard to solve excited him. The only thing what they thought off with all of them, was that the murderer was a Shinigami, or at least someone who knew dark magic or something like that.

There was a knock on the door, and Gushoshin entered. It was the older one, with whom Watari liked more than the youngest. "Found something already, Watari-san?" The little creature asked, and looked over Watari's shoulder. "Not really. Only that all of the victims had really weird eyes after their deaths." Gushoshin nodded. "Ah, it has no use." Watari sighed, and leaned back in his chair. Gushoshin laid a new document beside Watari's computer. "Here. A new victim. See if it brings you any news!" he said, and left. Watari shoved his glasses on the upper side of his nose again and opened the document.

"Ah! What's this?!" He yelled. "A Shinigami! This can't be done by humans, that's for sure!" The victim was a Shinigami, not such an important one, but still much stronger than a Mortal. His speciality where weapons, and not magic, so he couldn't defend himself. His eyes had become black, and not only his iris, no, his whole eyes. One big black thing. It was scary to look at, and Watari closed the document. "Strange…" He murmured, and he shoved the document in one of the drawers. Then he locked it and walked out of his room.

"Asato-san!" Someone shouted, and Tsuzuki turned around. "Konou-kachou! What's wrong?" He asked. "Is it true what Hakushaku-sama told me?" "What did he tell you sir?" "That Tatsumi-san said unpleasant things to you."

Tsuzuki sighed and looked down. "Hai.." "So it was true… Did he act…strange when he told you that things, Asato-san?" "His eyes stood weird, yes, not that self-assured look in his eyes, but for the rest he looked quite normal. Why?"

Konou-kachou frowned his forehead and turned around. "Never mind it Asato…"

"Strange." Tsuzuki mumbled, but he decided to forget about it and walked to his room. He sat down behind his desk and started to write in his diary, until someone knocked on his door. Fast he shoved the little book away and said: "Yes?"

Hisoka entered and smiled. "What were you doing that you look so sacred, koibito?" Tsuzuki smiled also and rose from his chair. He walked onto Hisoka and touched his shoulders. Hisoka laid his arms on Tsuzuki's body and looked up, smiling. Tsuzuki hold Hisoka's head and lowererd his. Softly he laid his lips on the lips of the other man, and they both closed their eyes. Silently their tongues moved on a ritm that only they knew, and they entered the emptiness and felt completely happy.

After a while Hisoka pulled away from their kiss and sat down on the floor. Tsuzuki also sat down and laid his head on the boy's shoulder and sighed. "Why did you come here, Hisoka?" "I initially came here to ask how it was with you and Tatsumi-san. Did he apologise yet?" No, but Konou-kachou just came to me and asked if I had noticed anything weird when he said those things to me. I answered he only looked weird, and then he turned around. Do you get such a thing?" Hisoka shook his head and closed his eyes.

"Tsuzuki, did you hear of the murders? It seems a Shinigami or something killed the guys. "A Shinigami? Why would a Shinigami kill?" "I don't know…But it is certainly strange, and you can expect we have to solve it again. I hope this time it is someone I don't know."

Tsuzuki grinned and closed his eyes also. He wrapped his arms around Hisoka and brought his head to Hisoka's again…

With a terrible headache Tatsumi walked through Enmacho. He couldn't remember anything of the night before, and didn't know how he got that headache. Drinking alcohol was not one of his habits, so it couldn't be that. With a deep sigh he dropped the whole thing and took a pain-lessening pill. He drunk one whole cup op water in one time and threw the plastic thing away. He turned around and looked straight in the face of Konou-sama.

"Ah! You scared me Konou-kachou!" He said. "Tsuzuki-san said your eyes stood strange when you said those things to him." "He did? I really can't remember sir." "Strange…" Konou-kachou sighed again, and walked away with his forehead frowned.

"What was that all about?" Tatsumi questioned himself, but again he decided it wasn't very important, and walked to his office to look through some documents.

On the top of the mountain he stood. His long red hair waving in the hard wind. A smile appeared on his face. He raised his hand and licked the blood of his long, thin fingers. That a Shikigami could become free, who would've thought it? He's untrue mind led him here, away from all his former masters who kept summoning him. The Shikigami laughed again and thought of his business of the past. Fight humans who threatened humanity. Now HE threatened humanity. And it felt great.

He heard moaning behind him. With a grimace he turned around and snared: "What?!" "Master Jiro…" The man on the ground said, who had wrapped his arms around his upper body, trying to stop the bleeding. Bathing in his own blood the man moaned: "Let it stop…Please, master Jiro….Let it stop…"

With an angry look on his face Jiro kicked the man with the brown hair in his side. Then he walked down, and ruined the glasses of the young man whom he used for dark things. Then he jumped down, and landed on the ground like a cat. Jiro could still hear the man upside moaning and screaming of the pain Jiro had give him. Again he laughed, and ran fast as the wind to a smaal village near. It was quiet there, and everyone was still asleep. The only thing he heard where the crickets, but soon that would change, and he would enjoy the screams of weak mortals who where dying.

Silently Hakushaku-sama sat watching at the dying flames. "How can that be…" He thought, and went back to his comfortable living room. There sat Konou-kachou waiting patiently. Hakushaku-sama called him to the Castle of Candles to talk about the huge amount of dying candles. Not only small candles, of old people, but also very big candles, of young children. It was normal that 3 or 4 dyed a day, but 30, 40 wasn't normal anymore.

"Maybe it has to do with a case at our office." Konou-kachou said worried. "Which case?" Hakushaku-sama asked. "Mostly rich people. When they are dead their eyes change in an unnatural colour, like yellow or purple. Two days ago one of our Shinigami is murdered. It must be a great power…"

Konou-kachou sighed deeply, and Hakushaku-sama said: "Strange. This is something we have never experienced before." "How should we discover?" "Last night a village had been attacked, all people except for one. This one is saved by one of you Shinigami, at least that's what I thought. I think you should question him about what he had understand from the poor man. I thought it was Kenjo-san." "Thank you sir. If you will excuse me…?"

Hakushaku-sama nodded that it was okay, and Konou-kachou left the castle.

"Tsuzuki-san, Hisoka-san. I have a job for you. I guess you have heard of the strange murderers last time?" Tsuzuki and Hisoka nodded. "Good. I want you to go look for it. I asked Kenjo-san about what one of the victims of last night mass murder said. He had asked the very traumatised man if he saw someone. Kenjo-san heard that the man had seen nobody…"

Tsuzuki frowned and asked where the village was. "Hisoka-san may feel it if someone is still there." Hisoka looked at Tsuzuki with a sad face. "I know it hurts, but if we don't do it now, we will never." Hisoka sighed and nodded. Konou-kachou nodded also and told the two Shinigami where the village was. After that they nodded and ran out of Enmacho

"Hisoka-san, do you feel anything?" Tsuzuki asked to Hisoka, who looked down at his feet confused. "Very weak. It's coming from over there Tsuzuki." Hisoka answered and pointed to the west. Tsuzuki nodded and ran over to the plasce. Hisoka ran after him tense, and walked to a small house. "Over there Tsuzuki." Hisoka said short. Again the other one nodded and ran in. It was dark and silent, and a chill crossed Tsuzuki's spine. "He is strong, Tsuzuki-san.." Hisoka said frightened. "Calm down love." Tsuzuki said, and laid his hand on Hi'oka's shoulder.

"TSUZUKIII!!" Hisoka shouted suddenly, and ducked. He pulled Tsuzuki with him on the cold ground. When he was calm again he crawled to Tsuzuki and cuddled. Frightened he said: "There was something there, Tsuzuki.. It was so strong…It wanted to possess me, talked to me flattering. He said he would take care of me much better than you do… I didn't believe him and shook my head. Then he attacked me, Tsuzuki…"

Calming Tsuzuki wrapped an arm around Hisoka. "Shh… You know I can make him visible. Come with me, outside." Hisoka was scared, but he confirmed and grabbed Tsuzuki's helping hand. "Thank you." He whispered. Together they ran outside and Tsuzuki mumbled something. After that he got a small paper with a spell on it and jumped up. He seemed to know where the creature was, for the paper hung in the middle of the air and after a few second a man appeared

"Ah…It was just a matter of time that someone would find me and unmask me."

"You're a Shikigami…" Tsuzuki said bitter.

"And by someone with brains also! Good job! And what were you planning to do now?" "First I want some information about you." "Ah. Jiro, pleased to meet you. I'm a free Shikigame. My hobbies are killing, possessing others. What do you want to know else, dear friend?"

Tsuzuki growled. "Are you behind the murders on the rich people." "Sort of, yes." "What do you mean, sort of?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Not so smart after all, hm?" Jiro grinned. "You didn't notice anything strange about Tatsumi-san last time?" "You…" "Yes, me. Possess him is a nice thing, really. He trusted me with his eyes shut, and now he can't get rid of me anymore." "Why do you kill?" Tsuzuki asked, who couldn't bare it. "Why? Just for fun, for the most part of it. But being a Shikigami isn't all. I want to have a body. Not something like this." He said, and waved his hand through is face. "You see? I want to have a real body. By drinking enough blood I'll get that. I had to kill without too many people noticing it, and your friend Tatsumi was perfect for that. A Shinigami can kill without leaving evidence. The eyes aren't the best thing that could happen, but I'll live with that. And a very good thing is that Tatsumi-san can also kill Shinigami, what a Mortal can't do. Your blood is stronger, more nice, better. When you have one Shinigami, you have 10 Mortals. Isn't it nice?" "You…You monster!" Tsuzuki yelled, and jumped onto Jiro.

But Jiro made a shield around him, and Tsuzuki could not get further than 1 meter off him.

"How..How…" he stuttered. "Never learned that?" Jiro asked. "Raise a shiled. I can also do something else…" He said, and lowered his shield fast.

Before Tsuzuki could react Jiro took an other shape and sort of floated through Tsuzuki's mouth. Tsuzuki let go another scream, but lost consciousness after that.

"Tsuzuki!!" Hisoka screamed, and ran over to the unconsciousness body. "Tsuzuki…. Say something…" A lonely teardrop crossed Hisoka's cheek, and his voice began to tremble. "Tsuzuki….Not again…You promised! Tsuzuki!!" Hisoka pressed the body of the other man against his. Suddenly he felt Tsuzuki's mouth pressing against his, and his eyes grew big. This wasnt Tsuzuki…Tsuzuki was possessed by Jiro.

"GO AWAY!!" Hisoka screamed, and he stood up. From Tsuzuki's mouth came words that were not thought of by him. "Good. But you care for Tsuzuki-san too much. You shouldn't have done that, boy. You will die also. Oh yes, Tatsumi-san has become a victim too. You felt it, didn't you? That itch through your heart. Yes, Tatsumi is dead. My might grows again." "No! Go away you demon!" Words came from Tsuzuki's mouth. It seemed that Jiro hadn't got all power over Tsuzuki. But Jiro shook his head and laughed. "You're hopeless, Tsuzuki-san. You have been possessed before, and you can not defend yourself."

"This is something I can not do alone…" Hisoka sighed, and he tried to get contact with Konou-kachou.

Behind him stood Watari and Konou-kachou. "Thank you…" Hisoka whispered soft. "Hisoka.." Watari said, and he walked to the broken boy. "It'll be okay.." "It won't! Tsuzuki is possessed again! That Jiro possessed him!" "Jiro?" "Yes! Jiro! A free Shikigami…. He possessed Tatsumi-san also! But Tatsumi-san is dead…He's dead, you hear me! Al because of him!" Tears rolled over Hisoka's cheeks. Still Jiro stood silently on his spot. "And so, Dark Tsuzuki returned. I hope you enjoy it." He said with a big grin on his face.

He loosened a terrible yell, and jumped onto Konou-kachou.

He thought that the man was the most weak, because he looked old. `Good. He can't read Tsuzuki's memory's.' Hisoka thought, and felt a bit more relieved.

In the meantime Konou-kachou had raised a shield, on which Jiro slammed without any effect. "Where did you learn that?!" Jiro asked, very frustrated. "I am a bit stronger than your other `victims,' Jiro-san." The old man growled. He tried to fire a ball of energy, but Jiro jumped away for it. "Foolish.." Jiro said, and jumped to Konou-kachou again. He yanked with his sharp nails, and made a deep cut in Konou-kachou his skin. "Damn it!" He yelled, and stepped away for the next attack.

At that time, Watari got his katana, and tried to wound Jiro. But that didn't work out, of course, for Jiro his body was still transparent, and you could only wound him using powerful magic.

Suddenly Jiro heard a yell behind him, and turned around frightened. The yell had been so full of hate, so hard, that is scared even him. Behind him stood Hisoka, his head turned down, breathing hard.

"You…" Hisoka growled. "You…How dare you….Do you not think I have suffered enough in my life and afterlife? Have not yet got enough pain? I have been raped, cursed, killed, and still you DARE to hurt me? And Tsuzuki-san? Didn't he suffer enough yet? Tortured he had been, killed, demons possessed him, he killed people he loved then! Gods Jiro!! You're false! You don't deserve this!"

For a moment Jiro stiffened, but then a cruel smile appeared on his face.

"Do you even expect I care, Hisoka-chan?"

Hisoka's face began to glow at the word -chan, and you could almost hear his nails, making deep curves in his hands. Suddenly Hisoka yelled, with a voice that was not his own, and attacked Jiro.

Foolish action, for all his kicks went right through Jiro. Hisoka's eyes grew big of annoyment , and he stepped back frightened, knowing Jiro would attack him now.

"Dumb dum dumb.." Jiro said, and raised a hand. With a smooth, but terrifying move he fired a shock. You could not see it, but the rocks behind Hisoka swirled, and he fell down.

Helpless he curled up and began to tremble. "Not fair…Muraki tortured me so…. My mind grown damned by all the memory's… Life was cruel, always alone, death was even more cruel, killed by a curse, carved on my body…Finally I had found love with Tsuzuki, and you take it away from me. Finally I thought I could enjoy every breath I took, and again it won't last long.."

The cruel smile on Jiro's face disappeared, and changed into a frowning, angry one.

"You…..My weak point…How…How did you..?"

Suddenly Hisoka jumped up, cutting through the no longer transparent legs of Jiro. "You are predictable Jiro." Hisoka said, slowly raising his dagger. "You pretending to be cruel, but in reality you still have the true feeling of a Shikigami. The urge that you want to help. Really, Jiro, I am not as weak as you think I am. Yes, al that I have said is true, my life sucked, and so did my death. But I didn't grow stupid of it."

With a sad, unforgiving face Hisoka looked down at the hysterically moving Jiro.

The blood around him grew more with the second, and hating the vies Hisoka looked away.

"Konou-kachou, Watari-san, please kill the Shikigami, but don't kill Tsuzuki. Please."

Watari nodded and stood at the head of the moving man. Konou-kachou nodded also and stood by the feet. They both raised their hands, and mumbled the same spell. After a few minutes they raised their hands above their heads, and a body loosened itself from the body of Tsuzuki, that lay there breathing weak.

Slowly Watari lowered his hands, and grabbed a thin but strong rope. Softly he bounded the hair of the Shikigami with it and grabbed his katana. Fast he cut it of and bound the hair of the man around the body.

"You where doomed to fail and you knew it. Free Tatsumi-san his soul, or you will never do anything again."

Jiro nodded and closed his eyes. Suddenly Tatsumi his body appeared behind him, which sunk on the ground of weakness. Konou-kachou nodded approving and laid his hand on Jiro his head. "Now you shall free the other souls, Jiro-kun." His eyes shoot fire. Again the lost man closed his eyes and light behind them showed all that the took souls were freed again and were teleported to their former homes. "Good," Konou-kachou said. "This shall never be forgiven, but we will take your life. Never again you shall be a Shikigami, nor you shall be a Shinigami, but you will have to live in cold lands, and know the horror of being a Mortal."

A tear crossed Jiro his pale cheek, and with a flash he disappeared. With a questioning look Watari looked at Konou-kachou. "What does it matter. For a Shikigami this punishment is bad enough, Watari-san."

Watari smiled. Both men moved to their own rooms at Enmacho and began to work again.

The Sakura leaves fell on top of the heads of the two lovers that lay in each others arms.

Hisoka petted the scar that his dolk left on the ankles of Tsuzuki. "I'm so sorry, Tsuzuki-san.." "Doesn't matter, my love. It had to be done." Tsuzuki answered, and magicked a small smile upon his lips. "I love you."

Slowly he brought his head to Hisoka's and their hearts began to pound wildly.

Never again they should have misery, Konou-kachou had promised them, and this kiss was the one that sealed their eternal freedom.