Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Tears From Heaven ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tears From Heaven
Chapter Two

Tsuzuki sighed, running a hand through his chocolate brown hair, blinking his amethyst in the setting sun. It had been five years since Hisoka had disappeared. Since the day he found him in the library and promised him he’d be all right. He wondered why. Had he overheard what he and Tatsumi had talked about? Tatsumi was helping him sort out his feelings for his youthful partner and it had turned out to be love.

Tsuzuki loved Hisoka. It had taken him a while to realize it, but he did, thanks to help from Tatsumi. But he couldn’t understand why Hisoka left right when he had found out. Could it possibly be that Hisoka didn’t feel the same and was disgusted? But what about what he had said in Kyoto? Were those emotional words just to get him to stay for the blonde’s own selfish reasons? No, there had to be something.

But, as far as this went, Tsuzuki had searched halfway across Japan, living world and dead, hoping that someone had at least seen his partner. Today he hadn’t, nor had anyone else. He could only hope he would tomorrow. What he could do tomorrow, he shouldn’t do today.

Disappointed and tired, he walked back to his hotel, checking into the room he was currently in and collapsing on the bed. Putting his hands behind his head, he stared up at the white ceiling, thinking hard on only one thing: Hisoka.

He knew it wasn’t exactly love at first sight. You had to admit, him pointing a gun at you, ready to pull the trigger, accusing you of being a vampire isn’t exactly liking, now is it? But gradually, he had grown accustomed to the boy and tried not to get too attached. He feared losing the boy, so he decided to distance somewhat and keep a tight hold at the same time.

After Devil’s Trill and Queen Camellia, he realized Hisoka wasn’t the tough boy he had proven to be. He was gentle and fragile, like a delicate butterfly, as if the slightest touch would hurt him. He had held him as he cried in his arms after he admitted to killing Tsubaki-hime, claiming to be just like Muraki, but Tsuzuki assured him he wasn’t. He couldn’t be.

And then there was Kyoto. Tsuzuki had tried to take his second life because he knew he wasn’t supposed to exist in the world. But Hisoka had jumped into the flames of his shikigami, Touda, and risked his own life by trying to tell him that he still cared for him.

‘Baka! If you don’t have anything to exist for, then exist for me! I don’t want to be left all alone!’

Those were Hisoka’s words. The boy had given him a reason to exist. But now that he was missing, Tsuzuki wasn’t sure what to do anymore. Did Hisoka still feel the same way now? And if so, then why did he leave?

Suddenly feeling very awake, Tsuzuki walked out of his room and strode out of the hotel, onto the street. He seemed drawn to a bar just outside. Unfortunately, it was the only bar within ten miles and it was half closed off for a stripper club. But as long as he didn’t pay any attention to the strippers, he’d be fine. He didn’t know why he was attracted to it tonight, as he had never been to it, but figured he was just thirsty. A few drinks wouldn’t hurt. His alcohol tolerance was quite high. And he would go out before getting too drunk that he couldn’t see or think straight.

He walked in and settled on a stool on the corner, back to the strippers as he ordered a tall glass of sake. It was given to him within a minute of ordering and he tried to ignore the whistles as he sensed a few people get on stage.

The bartender chuckled and leaned over to a man a few stools away, telling him something. Tsuzuki listened in, hoping it would drown out the music and hoots of the people in the crowd on the low class stripper side of the club as they started to dance.

“That boy there, man is he good. He joined us about a few months ago. God, he looks younger than eighteen, but he was too good to pass up,” the bartender was saying with some glee and chuckling a bit as he said his words.

The man he was talking to grinned and laughed, pointing to the stage, “What’s the boy’s name, Ralph? I wouldn’t mind having a bit of time with him, if you catch my drift.”

“The girls call him Soka-chan. Cute name for him, too.”

Tsuzuki choked on his sake, sputtering a few times and recovered as quickly as possible. The bartender gave him a worried look.

“Hey son, you all right?” he asked, patting Tsuzuki’s back a bit to help.

Tsuzuki nodded and thanked him. He looked down, then looked back up at the bartender and was able to ask, “What did you call him?”

“The boy dancing up there? Girls in the back call him Soka. Why? You know him?”

Tsuzuki’s eyes widened and he didn’t respond as he slowly turned around. His amethyst eyes settled on the stage and the sake glass slipped form his hands, shattering against the hard wood floor in his shock. On the stage, doing a sultry dance in a purple Esmerelda type gypsy costume and tapping a tambourine, was his partner, Hisoka Kurosaki.