Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Tears From Heaven ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tears From Heaven
Chapter Three

He couldn’t be seeing what he thought he was seeing. His partner… in a strip club? What was he thinking? What the hell happened to him?! He let his mouth drop open in shock. How the hell could he survive in a place like this? His empathy and his past… How is he still alive and able to dance!? Wait, where did he even learn to dance?!

Too many confusing questions swirled around the man’s head as the dance he saw being performed picked up pace and got faster. Tsuzuki could only watch as his partner took several moves across the stage. God, if he only knew how this was affecting him right now, despite his shock. He never dreamed Hisoka would do this.

He slid off of the stool and moved towards the back, going into invisible shinigami mode to sneak past the guards. He was now backstage, but he stayed invisible as he watched his partner still dance, and three girls, who obviously worked here, danced around him, moving in a star and yet circular shape, taking precise steps as they flipped and turned.

Hisoka soon ended the dance, bowing at the crowd, which whooped and hollered in approval. The girls who had been dancing around Hisoka giggled and were the first to leave the stage. Tsuzuki went back to normal and let the giggling girls pass as he waited for Hisoka to come out. When he did, however, you didn’t need to be an empath to know he was shocked.

His green eyes grew wide and his tambourine dropped from his hand, hitting the floor with a few jingles as well as a well heard clatter. Then, the shocked teen settled into a glare and he opened his mouth. “What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk,” Tsuzuki answered smoothly, crossing his arms. Hisoka rolled his eyes, picked up the almost forgotten tambourine, and walked off, Tsuzuki at his heels. Hisoka then sighed. “I don’t see anything that needs to be talked about.”

“Kurosaki, you know damn well that isn’t the case!”

Hisoka stopped. Tsuzuki had just used his last name. He was dead serious. He turned around and glared daggers at the man, feeling a small ounce of hatred towards him at the moment. “I have already searched through my mind and have found nothing that needs to be talked about. Go away, would you?”

Hisoka walked in through a door that obviously led to his room he used there. Tsuzuki followed, even when Hisoka tried to close the door on him. Sighing again, Hisoka began to remove the gypsy tiara he had been forced to wear, moving to remove the golden choker around his neck, then his earrings. When did he pierce his ears?

Noticing that Tsuzuki was still here, he turned around, looking at the elder shinigami with a hard stare. “What?”

“What do you mean ‘what’?” asked Tsuzuki with a serious tone to his voice.

“What do you want? Whatever it is, I don’t care anymore,” said Hisoka quickly, moving to remove his golden necklace and gypsy trinket at the end of it. Those words hurt Tsuzuki a great deal, especially because it was Hisoka who said them. He let his hands drop and he looked at Hisoka with great hurt in his eyes. But the younger shinigami didn’t so much as flinch with Tsuzuki’s barriers down. This made Tsuzuki both confused and very worried.

“Hisoka, can you sense my emotions?” he asked, wanting to know if his empathy worked all right. “Don’t you feel anything?”

The hard green stare sharpened and Hisoka responded, “No. And I’m glad to be rid of it.”

Those words made Tsuzuki’s heart shatter as Hisoka turned away again, undoing three of the five bracelets on his left wrist, then two on his right, ignoring Tsuzuki completely. “Hisoka…”

“What do you want? Just spit it out and leave.”

“I want you to come back.”

Hisoka whirled around angrily, fixing Tsuzuki with the hardest glare he could muster. “For what? So I can watch you run off with Tatsumi?! I won’t come back if it means having to put up with that!”

“But Hisoka, he and I aren’t together. What made you think of that?” asked Tsuzuki, even more confused. He hadn’t done anything to make Hisoka think that and he didn’t think Tatsumi had done anything either. So what was going on?

Hisoka’s glare sharpened and he finally shouted, “I saw him kiss you after you left me in the library! I saw it!”

So, THAT was what was wrong. Tsuzuki shook his head and despite the hard serious situation, he couldn’t help a small smile that spread along his lips. A slight smile, but it was a small smile. Hisoka was angry, but now confused. Why was Tsuzuki smiling? Did he find this funny?! Tsuzuki shook his head again and looked at Hisoka. “Tatsumi was only helping me, Hisoka. He was only helping me figure out my feelings, my true feelings.”

“Feelings for him, I bet.”

Tsuzuki shook his head for the third time. “No, Hisoka… Feelings for you.”

Hisoka came to realization at that moment. He realized that Tsuzuki had admitted he had feelings for him, they were both in a stripper club, and Hisoka had been working here and left five years earlier. Five years had gone so fast… And now…

Hisoka shook his head and looked down, arms hanging at his sides. A smirk grew on his face as his hidden eyes glazed over with unshed tears. “Yeah, and now I bet you hate me and think so little of me. Well I don’t care. Just go away. I can see you don‘t need me like I need you… I hate you…”

Hisoka turned away, his head hanging limply, his body shaking slightly. He had been so stupid and now that Tsuzuki had seen him like this… he’d never want him back, no matter what he said or did. Even if Hisoka begged, he knew he couldn’t go back. Not after this. Never after this.