Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Velvet Divorce ❯ Sayako's Body ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Twenty-Two: Sayako’s Body:
One terrible secret…
Summer 2010 was supposed to be an ordinary summer. Sayako and Naomi hadn't expected to do much. Their plans, just like their lives, were different that summer. Naomi wanted to study to get ahead for the fall. Sayako went out to party with the boys and tried to get her best friend to do the same.
"Come on, Naomi-chan!" she said. "You never have any fun. Get out for a change."
Her friend always kindly refused. "I don't want to fall behind."
Sayako pouted at her. "Aw, such a goody-goody!"
-----
August 14th, 2010.
It was Saturday and Sayako wanted to party. She tried to drag Naomi out with her.
"Come on, please?" she pleaded. "Live a little for a change!" Naomi shook her head.
"Sorry, but I have to study," she said.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
Sayako narrowed her eyes at her. "You're not trying to avoid me, are you?"
Naomi shifted her eyes away from her friend. "No…"
"You sure?"
"Yes, I am sure."
The other girl sighed as she shook her head. "Fine, fine." As Sayako turned to leave, Naomi paused at her desk.
"Sayako-chan, wait!" she cried. The ice queen turned around. Naomi looked her in the eye.
"Just…" she said. “Be careful, okay?" Sayako gave her a little smile.
"Alright," she said. "See ya." The princess went out the door. That was that last Naomi saw of Sayako.
-----
There's nothing like Kiko's during the summer. The bar doubled up on the parties. Not a place for Naomi, but Sayako on the other hand, adored Kiko's during the summer. Like everywhere else, she was the centre of attention. Boys ogled her the whole night. Despite this, she looked bored.
It's never fun without Naomi around, she thought. They seemed to be drifting apart lately. Like Naomi, Sayako didn't like it. The popular princess sighed as she stared out into space. Wonder why she doesn't want to hang out with me anymore, she thought. Weird…
Suddenly, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Sayako glanced behind her. Cold, lifeless white-silver eyes stared at her. The princess nearly jumped on her stool. The ghost-like face smiled at her.
"Can I buy you a drink?" he asked. Sayako blinked.
"Uh…" she said. A hand patted her on the shoulder.
"There, there," he murmured. "I don't intend to cause you any harm."
"Okay…" she said. “What do you want?"
"To buy you a drink," he said. "What do you say?" Sayako stared at him as she gave him a little shrug.
"Sure, why not?" she said. He grinned at her like a devil.
"There you go," he said. The boy ordered the drink. She never knew his name. He did have pretty eyes. They gave her an odd sense of comfort. She talked and drank most of the time. He didn't drink or talk at all. This boy only watched her, studying her.
Close to midnight, Sayako felt drunk. The boy took her by the hand and led her out the door.
-----
Sayako's drunken laughter filled the darkness of the woods. The laughing didn't faze him at all. Sayako stopped laughing and looked around when they came to the lake.
"Where are we?" she asked. The boy didn't speak. Sayako tilted her head at him.
"Hey, why are we out here?" she asked. The boy still didn’t answer.
"Come on!" she said. "What are we doing here?" Sayako began to pout at the silence. "Say something!" she yelled. The boy smirked to himself.
"Nothing personal, really," he muttered to himself.
"What?" Sayako asked, blinking. One sharp blast to the chest and she sank into a black nothing.
-----
Before the sun came up the next morning, Sayako woke up to the smell of blood. A chill ran through her body as she reached up and felt her cheek. Blood? Fear seized her brain. Help me. Naomi-chan… Help me…
-----
Naomi was studying in her room when she heard a knock on her door.
"Yes, mama?" the girl asked, not looking up.
"It's me," a familiar voice croaked. Naomi froze as she was copying her notes.
"Sayako-chan?" she asked. The girl got up and opened the door. Naomi nearly jumped as the sight of glassy, panicked green eyes as they looked inside.
"Sayako-chan?" she asked. "What's wrong? What happened?"
"Let me in!" her friend pleaded. "Please let me in!"
"Okay," the other girl said quickly before she opened the door. Horror filled her face when she saw blood covering Sayako's mouth, chest, legs, and hands. Her cute white blouse was torn to shreds. Sayako looked so drunk. Naomi backed up in panic.
"Na…omi…-chan…" her friend slurred out. “Help…me…" She collapsed to the ground. Naomi caught her just in time and cradled her in her arms. She felt a cold burn in her chest.
From there, the seven-week blood feast danced on.
In fact, Sayako killed again—tonight.