Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Within My Mind, Within Your Heart ❯ Subconscious ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Within My Mind, Within Your Heart
Chapter Two- Subconscious
 
He was floating in blue nothingness. Everything around was nothing but blue. It was uncomfortable and not a good feeling, as the blue was like ice and the ice made Tsuzuki shiver. It was like an endless sea of dark color, streaks of red or yellow crackling behind him. He knew this wasn't Hisoka's mind, merely the passageway through it. Still, it was an awful feeling of dread that hung around him and he didn't like it at all.
 
The blue began to clear and a white light shone against Tsuzuki and cool air hit his face. He shut his eyes tightly to avoid from going blind by the intense white light. He felt his feet hit soft ground as the bright light beyond his eyelids dulled and he risked opening his amethyst orbs.
 
He was on the outskirts of a deep, endless forest, the trees having light green leaves on the trees, some yellow or orange, and a few birds perched on the light brown branches. One of them spread its dark blue wings and gave a chirp before flying away in the direction behind Tsuzuki, the other two following it before all three vanished.
 
Tsuzuki looked around. All that was there was the forest, but also a stream coming out from the maze of trees, floating down behind Tsuzuki before vanishing at a certain point too far away for him to see. He walked over and knelt down next to it, seeing the glittering water rush down into nothingness, over a soft bed of sand dug through the grass.
 
Tsuzuki put his finger in the cool water and brought it to his lips, tasting it. A shiver ran down his spine and a clenching feeling in his chest gripped his heart. It tasted like salt. So the stream was really a river of tears. Tsuzuki wiped his hand across his mouth, trying to get rid of the salty taste, but it remained, much to his dismay.
 
He stood up and looked back at the forest. Perhaps Hisoka was in there somewhere. Hopefully. Tsuzuki already missed not feeling his partner around. Why was that? He shook off the feeling and turned his own mind back to finding Hisoka. He walked up to the edge of the forest before slipping inside.
 
The inside of the forest was darker, as though the sun had vanished and shadows played along the trunks of every other tree. Small squirrels scampered up into their homes in the trees and rabbits shot off as Tsuzuki passed them, wandering through the twists and turns of the maze. It was like a large nature labyrinth, one that seemed to go on forever.
 
Tsuzuki had been walking for quite a long time and was getting tired. He stopped next to a tree, holding onto it for support, noticing that he was right by the stream of tears. Maybe if he followed it, he would find Hisoka. Yet, now that he thought about it, it could be possible that Hisoka had retreated further than the Subconscious level, but then again, the empath didn't know about the spell to go into one's mind, so he may have been ignorant enough to…
 
“All you think of me is ignorant?” asked a hopeless voice.
 
Tsuzuki whirled around and his eyes widened in shock. Hisoka was hanging against what seemed to be the tallest and largest tree in the forest, bound by his wrist with skin cutting thread and bound around his ankles, keeping him to the tree. He was dressed in a soft kimono, very plain, slightly faded in color. His head was hung low and the stream ended at the tree's base, where Hisoka started it. There were streaks on the part of his face that was visible, but the boy was bleeding profusely and parts of his kimono were beginning to tear from the wire that was tied all around his body tightly.
 
“Hisoka!”
 
Tsuzuki ran over to the hanging boy, realizing that the boy was hung so that they both were at eye level. He didn't look up at his partner, instead choosing to ignore him. Tsuzuki clutched the wire and began to undo the ties. He stopped, however, when the ties re-knotted themselves after he let go. Hisoka shook his head, causing the wire to cut slits into his neck. “It's no use. You can't change anything in here. Even if you were to get me down, it would mean nothing because I'd just be back up here again. Stop trying.”
 
Tsuzuki stared down in horror at his partner as another tear fell, hitting the stream, making the flow pace steadily increase. “Hisoka, please come back to us.”
 
Again, the boy shook his head, causing the slit to become deeper than before. “There's nothing to be there for. You didn't give a second thought to reconsider your feelings and that's what burns now. Do you want to know how I see you now?”
 
Without waiting for an answer, the stream topped flowing and some of the water shot up into the air, forming a wall. Tsuzuki saw his own reflection looking back at him from within the water. Then, his reflection began to change. A smirk played at his lips as his purple eyes turned to a metallic grey and his brown hair turned to black, then fading towards white until it was platinum gray. His right eye grew deformed and artificial and a pair of glasses set themselves on his face.
 
Tsuzuki shut his eyes, shaking his head violently, his hands clenching into fists as he tried to clear the awful image from his head. “No! I'm not like him! I'm not him!”
 
Behind dirty ashen blonde bangs, emerald eyes opened and a bittersweet smile traced his lips before he coughed out some blood that had risen in his throat, threatening to choke him. “You don't see things from my perspective, so it may not seem the same way. You don't seem to understand, so I'll be going.”
 
Tsuzuki's eyes snapped open as the water wall fell and became the stream of tears again, turning sharply to look at Hisoka, who was fading, the bitter smile never leaving his mouth. “Bye.”
 
“Hisoka, wait!”
 
But it was too late. The empath vanished, and the wires fell uselessly to the bloodstained ground. The river of tears slowed and also began to vanish. Hisoka had gone deeper into his mind, that was certain. Tsuzuki shook his head, not believing what he had heard. Hisoka thought that he was the same as Muraki.
 
Tsuzuki knew he had to go deeper into the boy's mind to find him again. He pulled out another sutra and chanted the spell to go deeper. A floating sensation coursed through him and the ground beneath him vanished as he began to fly through the blue emptiness again. The next level was Dream level of the mind. Tsuzuki winced as an orange crackle hit his shoulder, sending a jolt of pain through his body, but he ignored it and pressed on. He had to get Hisoka back quickly or else…
 
`Or else what?' Tsuzuki wondered as he passed through a yellow net, separating the Subconscious from the Dream. Or else he'd be in a coma for the rest of eternity. But somehow, that didn't seem to be the whole danger of it.