Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction / Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Dueling is like Magic! ❯ Promotion with a Price ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Nice going you idiot! Nodoka only likes one boy and we're not going to tell who he is!” Haruna yelled in Chazz's face. “Chazz will you ever learn?” Alexis muttered under her breath. “Well I'll do whatever it takes to make Nodoka mine!” Chazz declared as he ran after her. “Konoka-sama it's time to get going to the Red Dorm.” Setsuna said as she got out of her seat. “Okay Set-chan.” Konoka followed Setsuna out of the door. “We better find Nodoka before she goes insane with Chazz! Come on Yue! We'll be back tomorrow Dorothy!” Haruna yelled as she and Yue ran out of the door. “Looks like I have to go to my dorm. Well see you guys later. “ Asuna exclaimed as she walked past everyone. “Wait what dorm do you have?” Jaden asked. “Didn't you pay attention to Chancellor Shepherd this morning?” Syrus yelled at Jaden. “No exactly. I was sleeping and I woke up to about near the end.” Jaden said back. “I'm in the Slyfer dorm. I have to room with Konoka.” Asuna said before she walked out of the door. “Asuna is really hard to beat. School just got better!” Jaden shouted as everybody backed away from him. They huddled in a group. “Do you think a bit of Asuna rubbed off on him?” Hasselberry whispered. “Not a little a lot has rubbed off onto Jaden.” Atticus whispered back. “What are you guys talking about?” Jaden asked as everybody separated. “Oh nothing. It's almost dinner we should be heading back to the barracks.” Hasselberry stated as he left the room with everybody following him.
 
 
 
Slyfer Dorm:
 
 
“Man this is great!” Asuna stuffed her face with her dinner. “Jeez Asuna even here you still stuff your face with food.” Ayaka commented. “What is that supposed to mean!” Asuna yelled after her mouth wasn't full. The whole 3-A class was sitting at each table closest to each other. Every other Slyfer except for Jaden was staring at the large group of girls. “They could have used more spice on the meat.” Satsuki complained as she stared at the food before her. “Man what I wish that the food here was like the food back at Mahora!” Yuuna cried as she ate a little of the fish and rice. “But still I can't believe that Asuna beat the best duelist at the school de gozaru.” Keade said. Asuna nearly choked at this comment. “Wait! You mean that Jaden was the best student at the school?” Asuna yelled to Keade who was sitting next to her. Jaden perked up his ears from the sound of his name. “Huh did someone call me?” Jaden looked around for the sound of the voice. “Guess it was my imagination.” Jaden turned around back to his food. “Yup! We heard from students that Jaden has faced strong duelist and he hasn't been defeated except for once by Aster Phoenix! But then Jaden beat him back so he was again the best duelist on the island except that you have beaten him Asuna!” Jaden turned around to see Asuna standing out of her seat and walking to the door. “Hey Konoka what just happened?” Jaden asked. “Oh Jaden didn't see you there! Well you see we were just saying to Asuna that she had just beaten you.” Konoka replied.
 
 
 
Everybody in the room stopped. “Jaden you got beat by a girl! And you are our best student!” A boy yelled from somewhere in the back of the room. “Now I can explain everything.” Jaden replied as a mob of students surrounded his table. “Okay everybody break up!” Chao yelled over the crowd. But nobody heard her. “Everybody SIT BACK DOWN THIS INSTANT!” Ayaka yelled so everybody could hear her. “Wow even here she is still like that.” Natsumi commented as she started to sweat. “Now everybody who wants to know the truth you have to duel every new transfer girl! And if you win we'll let you do whatever you want but if you lose who have to leave Jaden and his friends alone! GOT IT!” Ayaka shouted as everybody nodded. “Wow Ayaka really was the class president. Those twins weren't lying.” Jaden said. “Okay whoever wants to learn the information go outside NOW!” Ayaka commanded as everybody in the room except for Jaden, Hasselberry, Syrus and Class 3-A went outside. Ayaka received stares from her classmates as went outside. “Looks like we have a to duel a lot of students.” Ayaka started to sweat as her classmates came closer to her.
 
 
Outside of the Dorm:
 
A senior Slyfer came up to Konoka and grabbed her arm. “Hey cutie would you do me the honor and duel me? And the name is Sky.” Sky asked Konoka as she pulled her arm away. “Umm Sky dude don't get anywhere near Konoka or-“ Misora couldn't finish her sentence before Setsuna was in between the tow with her sword out. “Don't' come anywhere Konoka-sama without getting past me! You got THAT!” Setsuna yelled. She put her sword back into her sheath and activated her duel disk. “Come on boys us girls won't bite!” Modoka yelled as she attracted boys near her. “Okay everybody get an opponent and DUEL!” Ayaka yelled as she too activated her duel disk. Everybody in Class 3-A was dueling all except for Asuna who was sound asleep in her dorm room.
 
 
Negi and Kotaru had just came back from going around the academy to find everybody outside dueling. “W-What happened here? “Kotaru asked as he looked around. Everywhere he looked he saw a duel happening. “Look it's Setsuna-san and she has her Swordmaster Warrior out! It looks like she is about to win her duel!” Negi pointed to Setsuna who was down to her last 100 Life Points and her opponent was down to his last 500. “Now Swordmaster Warrior attack with Hark Shinko!” Setsuna commanded. “No Way! I can't believe I got beat by a freshman!” Sky fell to the ground. “Ayaka! Setsuna just one her battle there's another down for the count!” Konoka signaled. Negi and Kotaru ran up to Konoka and Setsuna. “Setsuna-san do you know what's going on?” Negi asked as he watch his former students duel as if was a practice run. “Another one down Ayaka!” Makie yelled as Ako and Akira waved their arms signaling they had beaten their opponents. “Yup mine too!” Ayaka yelled back. Only 2 duels remained Chisame and Asakura's duel. “Come on Chisame and Asakura!” Kuu Fei cheered as everybody surrounded them. “Don't' worry this duel is over with this card spell card called Burning Flames! This spell card takes 1000 of your life points so your history Nitta” Asakura yelled as her spell card came into affect. “I can't believe that I lost to a girl.” Nitta murmured before he fell to the ground. “Chisame is the only one left!” Chizuru yelled. “Not long before now! I play Computer Virus! This powers up my Chui from 1800 to 2500! Now Chui attack with Heart kiss!” Chui put her hands to her lips and blew a kiss toward the kids she was facing causing the remainder of his life points go to zero. “Alright every girl beat everybody!”
 
 
“Wow mina-san that was amazing!” Negi commented as they returned inside. “Oh that was nothing compared what the tournament was like.” Makie smiled as they continued their interrupted dinner. “Wow girls that was amazing!” Jaden commented. Syrus agreed. “Now that was awesome! I can't believe that we even recorded it and sent it to every palm pilot on the island!” Hasselberry smile at Syrus and he smiled back. Mana choked on her food. “You mean that everybody saw all of our duels?” Mana got mad! And everybody knows when she gets mad don't get near her. “Jaden you might want to come with us for a second.” Konoka grabbed Jaden's hand and pulled him outside of the dorm. “Why didn't you guys grab Syrus?” Konoka looked at Jaden. “We only pulled you out because you didn't do anything and when Mana gets mad don't get near her.” Yue stated as she sipped her drink. Soon after Mana came out with Hasselberry and Syrus following after with a bunch of bruises on them. “She threw spoons at us.” Hasselberry confessed as he touched one of the bruises on his neck. “I wouldn't touch those bruises if I were you.” Negi said but Hasselberry already touched his neck and cried out in pain. “Mana! Come on you two! Get back inside, I'll have to make sure you guys are okay. I'm a nurse.” Ako urged as she pulled Hasselberry and Syrus inside next to her. “Kotaru can you bring me water and Negi bring me the first aid kit.” Ako instructed as they brought the items. “Okay this will hurt so Kuu Fei and Keade hold them down.” Ako smiled as the two girls grabbed both of the boys' arms. “Now everybody cover their ears there'll be lots of screaming.” Ako said as she dipped a washcloth into the water. “I think I'm going to go to bed now.” Jaden announced as Negi followed him. “Negi was it?” Jaden asked as he stopped on the stairs. “Yeah it is. I'm your new roommate Jaden-san!” Negi bowed to him. “You don't have to call me san just call me Jaden.” Jaden replied. “Okay Jaden.” Negi smiled at his new roommate as he followed behind him.
 
 
Next day during breakfast:
 
 
“Hey Negi can you come here for a moment?” Asuna pulled Negi off to the side of the room. “What is it?” Negi asked. “Don't use any magic while we are here unless you want the whole academy to find out. Got it?” Asuna asked as she looked straight at Negi. “But what if Jaden or somebody else finds out when I'm helping you guys or saving somebody?” Negi questioned. “Then we'll have to consult with the whole class, and Kotaru can't show his ears or do Lycanthropy here.” Asuna said as she and Negi returned to the table. Over the intercom “Will Asuna and Setsuna please come to the Chancellors office please.” Asuna and Setsuna looked at each other. “Did we do something?” Setsuna asked. Asuna and Setsuna left the room and walked up the road with everybody staring at them. “We'll just have to wait and see if Asuna and Setsuna-neechan are in trouble and today's class.” Kotaru replied.
 
 
 
Chancellors Shepherd's office:
 
 
“We have heard from severely students that you have had a duel since you got there yesterday isn't that correct?” Shepherd asked. “Yeah I guess that is correct. I dueled Jaden and beat him while Setsuna dueled this senior named Sky and won.” Asuna replied to the Chancellors answer. “Well that is all I needed to hear. You both are now Obelisk Blue students.” Shepherd gave both of them a smile as he handed them their new uniforms. “Wait! Everybody else that just transferred except for Negi and Kotaru dueled yesterday and won but they all dueled freshmen or sophomores.” Asuna exclaimed. “Well that doesn't count because they have to duel seniors and juniors to get put up a dorm. I'm allowing an exception for you Asuna because you beat Jaden.” He replied as he walked them over to the changing rooms. “Now both of you have to sit with the Obelisk students and you are now official part of their dorm.” He announced. Setsuna changed out of her red uniform into the blue blazer and white shirt she was given and she also put on the Obelisk mini skirt. She also put on the light blue fingerless gloves she was given. Asuna tore off her uniform and put the same thing on as Setsuna except for the mini skirt she put on blue cargo pants. “Here Chancellor Shepherd. May we go back to breakfast now?” Setsuna asked as she gave Shepherd her old uniform. “Yes both of you may. And I hope to see you duel soon.” He gave a smile as he opened the door for both of them and they left.
 
 
Negi was waiting outside of the dorm when he saw both of the girls coming. “Everybody they are back and they both look different!” Negi shouted as everybody ran outside. “Look everybody they have a blue uniforms!” Yue pointed out. Asuna and Setsuna reached them. “What happened! And why are you wearing blue uniforms?” Fuuka asked. “We have been promoted to Obelisk Blue.” Asuna faced her classmate's screams. “So that means you have been promoted to the best class in the academy.” Hasselberry said. “We only got promoted because Setsuna defeated a senior and I defeated the best duelist on the island and instead of getting promoted to Ra yellow we got to be in the best class.” Asuna yelled as she went back inside to eat. “That means you guys can't sit with us at classes now!” Makie cried. “Hey it isn't our fault!” Asuna said in between her bites. “Come on lets go to class before we get detention.” Nodoka faintly said as she left the room with Yue and Haruna.
 
 
 
Class:
 
 
Dr. Crowler was speaking on how to defend yourself if you are caught between not using you magic and trap cards. “Now if you have Water Lily in your hand you may use her effect but how much does it cost to use her effect? Why don't we ask one of our new Obelisk students? How about Asuna.” He asked as he looked toward the direction of Asuna and Setsuna. Asuna was at her desk sleeping and Setsuna was trying to get her awake. “Is that girl sleeping!” Crowler asked sounding a little annoyed. “Um yes Dr. Crowler.” Setsuna said back as she shook Asuna till she opened her eyes. “Huh Setsuna did I fall asleep?” Asuna asked as she sat up and found that everybody was staring at her. “You did and you are harder to wake up than the Slacker Jaden, and for you punishment you have to duel me!” He yelled as Asuna looked at him. “You win which I highly doubt that will happen you get to miss my class for a week but if you lose you have detention for a whole month.” Crowler shouted as he activated his duel disk. “Wait we're dueling now but I don't have my duel disk with me?” Asuna looked around until Setsuna gave Asuna hers. “Go.” Setsuna murmured as she pushed her down the stairs. Asuna jumped onto the stage and activated her duel disk.
 
Crowler: 4000
Asuna: 4000
 
 
“Let's DUEL!” Asuna yelled as she drew her cards. “I'll let age before beauty.” Crowler said. “Hmph I have both of those things!” Asuna joked that the whole class started to laugh. “First off I play the field spell Mahora Academy then I play Mahora Student #15 Setsuna!” Asuna placed both cards down and again Mahora Academy rose behind her. “This brings back memories!” Yuuna yelled as everybody else agreed with her. “Hey isn't that the same girl that got transferred into Obelisk?” A Slyfer boy asked Chizuru. “Yup! Asuna's deck is based on Mahora Academy's Middle School Class 3-A.” Chizuru replied. “Now Setsuna's special effect activated. Whenever she is the only one on the field I can summon any Mahora Student that's from 12-21! And I choose my Mahora Student #20 Kaede!” Setsuna (1800/1700) and Kaede (1700/1600). “And I'm not done when both of these girls are on the field I can summon Mahora Student #12 and 18, Kuu Fei and Mana!” Mana and Kuu Fei appeared on the field next to them. Mana (1600/1500) and Kuu Fei (1500/1200). “She's going to use that strategy!” Konoka yelled as everybody else looked at her. “Then I place 2 face down cards and I end my turn.” Asuna let Crowler go as he drew his card. “First of I play the magic card Magic Space Typhoon to get rid of you 2 face downs!” Magical Space Typhoon appeared on the field. Asuna got a smug look on her face, “Not so fast I activate De Spell! So your typhoon stops and I my Turn Clock is now activated when you activate a spell card! This trap card makes you skip the rest of your turn!” Asuna yelled as a clock appeared on the field and made Crowler skip the rest of his turn. “Without finishing the rest of my turn you can attack me directly!” Crowler realized. He looked like he was about to cry. “That's the whole point! Now Kuu Fei attack with Matipozo, Kaede attack with Shadow Fist, Setsuna attack with Hyakka Ryouran and last but not least Mana attack with Sniper Grip!” Asuna commanded as everybody watched their teacher get clobbered in 2 turns. “This can't be possible!” Crowler yelled as he took the hits.
 
 
Crowler: 0
Asuna: 4000
 
 
“Now I get to skip your class for a week!” Asuna said as she walked back to her seat. “ASUNA! ASUNA!” Konoka cheered as everybody from class 3-A joined in with her. “Looks like we have a new best student in school now.” Shepher whispered as he watched Asuna go back to her seat.